Any news at Seismic?

Sesimic Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Daniel Gesmer

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:35 am

Dan,

I have been using Seismics since you have been making them. John Gilmour tipped me to check them out. I have several sets and really enjoy them on all my slalom and carve/longboards.

On my slalom boards, most of the time I will leave the front Seismic flat and wedge the back for slower turning.

Anyway, can you tell us of any developements going on at Seismic Skate Systems?

I am very happy with the performance of Seismic trucks and am soon to put together my first GS/Speedboard with them. It's a Pocket Pistol 36" GS crafted by Barret Deck. I'll use 135mm's with Red Springs. The front flat and the back wedged for slower response. I'm excited about this board and the Seismic's are my choice.

--------------------

Thanks for answering my questions Dan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2002-09-10 18:11 ]</font>

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:23 pm

Seismic is preparing to introduce a new line that will radically multiply the discerning skater's tuning options. (We're now in the torture-testing phase.) An outline of the main points is below. You saw it here first!

Four All-Metal Hanger Widths
105mm (7" axle)
130mm (8" axle)
155mm (9" axle)
180mm (10" axle)

Both New School and Old School Mounting Holes

World’s Most Advanced Technology and Construction
- Progressive-rate dual spring system with tension adjustment and anti-buckling – for maneuverability with control, stability and power
- Rock-steady steering geometry – for totally predictable turning response
- Industry-leading body styling
- Hybrid two-part baseplates (metal lower, composite upper)
- Bulletproof kingpin fastening

Two Baseplate Geometries – Quick-turning 45° and Stable-turning 30°
Both baseplates compatible with all hangers, springs and hardware.

Two Spring Families
High-rebound metal coil springs and high-dampening urethane springs, both available in four color-coded strengths. High-rebound springs reengineered for lighter weight and more progressive rate profile. Adjustable tension, easily exchanged for softer or harder springs. Wrenches included.

Axle Height
Originally designed with moderate (56mm) axle height to accommodate a variety of wheel sizes. The new 30-degree baseplate positions the axle slightly lower.

Light Weight
11 - 14 ounces each, depending on hanger width, baseplate geometry and spring type/strength.

Versatile and Competition-Tested
With four widths, two geometries and four spring strengths in both high-rebound and high-dampening formulas, the new line of Seismic trucks offers more tuning options than any other truck product line in the history of the skateboard industry. This promises superior performance for longboarding, slalom, downhill, all-purpose cruising, Old School styling, and even street! Seismic technology helped propel three out of the top four racers at the 2001 World Championships of Slalom Skateboarding.

Patent Status
The original model was patented in 1993 (U.S. #5,263,725) and predates cheap imitations seen in the off-road board market. International patents are pending on the new generation.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Jan 21, 2003 9:26 pm

Just curious Dan, when are the new aluminum Seismics going to be available to the public?

I am looking to purchase one...

Thanks.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:25 am

So we shall have softer springs for sure, aren't we ? i'm only 85 kg but yellow springs are far too strong for me in GS

Aaron Morris

Post by Aaron Morris » Thu Apr 17, 2003 3:14 am

Daniel,
I really want some of the aluminum seismics in the 30 and 45 degree angles.
How much do you think they are going to cost when they are released. I would also need the new lightest springs that i have heard are supposed o be released soon.
What are the differences between the progressive turn, and the linear turn.

Aaron Morris
Team Turner

Daniel Gesmer
Seismic Skate Sys.
Seismic Skate Sys.

Post by Daniel Gesmer » Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:36 pm

Aaron, the new models will be available next month (May 2003), at suggested retail prices (in the U.S.) of $26 - $29 per truck, depending on hanger width. The new specification of the yellow Extra-Light spring will feature a progressive rate profile very similar to the original German silver Extra-Light spring. The idea of the progressive rate profile is to create smoother edge control than what you get with either linear-rate springs or ordinary grommets.

David Baker
David Baker
David Baker

Post by David Baker » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:44 pm

So does anyone know the latest news about the aluminum trucks? I'm looking for soem in various sizes.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Aug 12, 2003 12:54 pm

David,

From what I've heard the release of the aluminium trucks have been delayed partly due to some clever redesign of the truck to shave off some weight in the sizes where it matters. For us slalomers the released truck will be very similar to the prototypes.

Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer now to get our hands on the new stuff. Write to Dan at info@seismicskate.com for more accurate info.