Online Retailers

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Tony Alvarez

Online Retailers

Post by Tony Alvarez » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:02 am

HELP!

I'm in the Salt Lake area and looking for a reputable online resource for slalom gear.
I Hate War

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:33 am

Tony,

All I can say is I have dealt with each of the following online retailers and have never been disappointed:

Turner Summer Ski
Ick Sticks
Pocket Pistols
3DM
Pleasure Tools
ABEC11
Longskate.com
Tracker

I also know a lot of racers who have bought from Roe Racing, Bozi, Comet, Bahne, Solidskate.com, Fibreflex, Oust Bearings and Radikal and there are very few complaints. (I won't mention PVD Truck because I don't know if Peter is or is not currently producing his stuff.) All I can say is that if what you want isn't in stock, you might have to wait to get your hands on it. Some of the deck manufacturers make nothing but custom made-to-order equipment and getting a hand-made board might take some time ("time" meaning anywhere from two weeks to two months.) Sometimes you just can't rush epoxy to dry.

Although I'm sure everyone has a story to tell about dealing with some company, I can't think of any that has a reputation of being dishonest, disinterested or less than responsive to a customer's needs and demands.

That's about the best I can tell you.

RL

slalom gear

Post by RL » Mon Nov 24, 2003 3:37 am

Try Daddie board shop http://www.daddiesboardshop.com/
Ask for Meline. Say hi for me. Ric the Great Lake surfer.
Last edited by RL on Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Mon Nov 24, 2003 4:35 am

Don't forget www.asphaltplayground.com. Gary Fluitt is a very good slalom skater and also hosts the Breckenridge, Co. FCR race. And his online store has a ton of good slalom gear. And www.longskate.com always seems to have RTX/S and Indy's in stock as well as a good supply of Stimulator bushings, I've bought most of my Trackers from them. For Abec 11 wheels www.abec11.com it seems best find Chris's phone number on his website and call him there.

Barry Gourley

I got a SLAMMING deal from Gary Fluitt on a blk hill

Post by Barry Gourley » Wed Jan 07, 2004 10:07 pm

After chatting with everyone i decided to do some emailing last night . I send out an email to Gary Fluitt at AsphaltPlayground.com because he had the BEST price on his blk hill and on his other complete boards. I eneded up ordering a 29in blk hill with the new seismics front/rear and some 3DM wheels.
I AM PUMPED!!!!!!!!!!! my wife isnt ,but I am hehehehehehe. I cant say enough good things about Gary even though this was my first time I bought from him ,other then "thanks dude"
Now i just need to ride this thing.

thanks
Thanks,
Barry