Utah Slalom Media

Slalom Skateboarding in Utah and surrounding states

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor, Martin Drayton

miKe M

Utah Slalom Media

Post by miKe M » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:24 am

Hey all-

first off, i'm so thankful towards Martin and the hard work he has put in getting us all together. i for one think it is really cool that there is such a following in Utah and chalk it up to martin's enthusiasm. Thanks Martin!

also, kevin- way to go on the ramp.

when are we going to step it up a notch? i know some of the reason we have been practicing at the high school is to help provide a safe learning environment, but i can tell some people are getting a little antsy to pony up and take some risks... has anybody found any good alternate sites yet? i have a few, but they are in the salt lake area.

but, the real reason i write this message is because i am a **gasp** photo-slut. has anybody had any luck obtaining either the pictures that the photog from kahuna took, or video of the PC TV airing? i'm very interested in seeing both/either. i've got interested parents/girlfriends hounding me to see me skate...

l8r sk8rs,

mike

trish erickson

PC-tv

Post by trish erickson » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:09 am

Hey Mike,

Yes, I got a hold of a copy of the Park city tv vid. Great stuff. I bougth a copy at the tv station. Give Stanton (the guy who taped it) a call at 649-0045. kahuna has yet to get in touch with me but I believe if you go to their website, you can contact them. i havn't done that yet myself. I for one would be interested in something with more pitch. I need to fall faster! LOL. I think Martin will try to do something in sept. when he has more time to travel.

Hey Martin,

very nice interview. And you looked great! We all had a part in it which I thought was neat. Thanks again for sharing the stoke! I won't be racing Breck this weekend. My JOB keeps getting in the way of my life! could'nt get the weekend off. Most definantly I will race next year as well as Morro. I will not be at the Thursday session. Greg will bring the ramp and cones. I will miss it! But I will see you all next week.

Thanks to all you guys for such great support and encouragement. You make it FUN!
ts

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

We need hills...

Post by Martin Drayton » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:51 pm

Everyone needs to scout out some hills...Its time! It'll be cool to step things up and those going to Morro definately need it.
Any potential locations? I will try to get a look at Park Meadows before Thursday...

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

The hills are alive with the sound of urethane...

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:22 am

Mega session at Park City last night with some visiting Longboarders from Florida getting into it-Expect them to be turning up at home looking for more slalom buddies now that they have the bug.
Most of the usual crew were in attendance, with 2nd timer 16yr old Logan running fast AND clean through a Morro-tight TS course...The kid is scarily talented! Apparently he rides a Unicycle hence the balance...
Kevin and Bob should really be at Breck this weekend, they would raise eyebrows esp. in TS. We have a bunch of newish guys too, like Chris from Salt Lake who only need time. Future looks bright for slalom in Utah, the shop is just about sold out of slalom kit too.
Next year should see the Utah crew hit some comps...Can't wait to see my little fledglings leave the nest, plus we are starting to gat some momentum for a Comp here next summer, so I will be writing to those with experience for advice soon!
I feel honoured to hang out with the Utah posse!

Where is this hill?....It lies just opposite Park Meadows Golf Club.
Turn onto Kearns Drive as per usual, but turn (left if coming from the 224) onto Monitor Drive.
Go across the junction til you reach a T-junction.
Turn right into Little Kate Road.
Turn left into Lucky John Drive.
Lucky John then becomes Meadows Drive.
You will pass the Golf Club on your left.
Turn right onto Eagle Cove Drive where the sign says "Last Sun at the Cove".
Drive to the top of the hill and smile ;)!

Have fun at Breck everyone who is going, think fast, skate faster and don't look back!
Good luck to Team Roe, I am with you in spirit...See you in Morro!

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Media-Whore...This ones for you!

Post by Martin Drayton » Sat Aug 20, 2005 8:24 am

Mike,
Kevin should have copies of the DVD next week!

miKe M

Post by miKe M » Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:11 pm

Martin and Kevin-

thanks, let me know for sure becuase i was planning on picking up a copy (@ $15) from PCTV. i'll be up there for sure tomorrow. i think i have done a bad thing this last week. i've made keith addicted to sliding, and i'm not sure how many more times he will be up slaloming with us. oh well, at least he's skating.

anything i need to bring tomorrow? i'm excited to skate the new venue as well as hit up some cones. i've been doing a lot of sliding and downhilling, and am anxious to bring it all into the cones.

l8r sk8rs...

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Cajones...

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:39 am

Just bring yer 'nads!

trish erickson

Nads Jam session!

Post by trish erickson » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:49 am

NAD's!..........I think I might be lacking those! LOL. But I have other things, can I still come? LOl.

Ride On!

Trish
ts

Billy Bordy

Not scared!

Post by Billy Bordy » Thu Aug 25, 2005 4:16 pm

Please be steep... Please be steep.... Please be steep.....

If you say it three times then your wish comes true, Right?

mmmmmm SLALOM
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Hmmm...

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:39 pm

How about...Doesn't look that steep, but oh baby you pick up speed!

M.

Billy Bordy

Hmmmmm!

Post by Billy Bordy » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:31 am

How about we go to this hill it looks steeper!!!!!!! O-Kay then!!!!!

Martin is the man!
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated