I need alot of info

A Forum For New Racers.

Moderator: Karl Floitgraf

Barry Gourley

I need alot of info

Post by Barry Gourley » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:36 pm

Hi all, I've just been reunited with skateboarding about 2 months ago by my 10yr old nece. Since then ive bought some parts and a few boards and have already hurt myself. Its been a long time since ive S/B like mid 70's. This stuff have come a long way and is kinda tecnical now.
Anyway im looking for some good parts for a downhill board. I have some cheep trucks,setor 9 nine ball wheels soft compond,reds bearings and a 47in canaden maple board. Im looking for the best parts( in everyones opinon) I know everyone likes different stuff but i know most guys will agree on some things.
OK, so I'm long winded, this might sound stupid but ...do they make skate parks that are long concret with banks? kinda like a (bobsled) course but not as radical. WHERES THE SPELL CHECK!!! PLEASE ADD FOR MINE AND YOUR SAKE I CAN'T SPELL !!!
Thanks,
Barry

Seth Levy

Post by Seth Levy » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:58 pm

about your last question, yes there are still some of those kinds of parks, but not many that i know of. Living in atlanta, there are two places you could take road trips to. Kona in jacksonville florida has a killer snakerun (which is what i think you are talking about) and in maryland there is a park called lansdowne which is not as intense as kona but defidently worth the visit. welcome back!

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:15 pm

There's a lot of great all around downhill skateboard components out there, few of them available locally.

A deck in the 40" range, a quality set of trucks, and some decent urethane will serve you well for years to come.

Check out websites like www.solidskate.com, www.3dmsport.com, www.abec11.com and try before you buy when I bring some of my stuff to Picnicville next weekend.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:25 pm

www.BoziBoards.com has only good stuff and the guy that runs it will do you up right. It sounds like you would do well to check out Rick's stuff too. There are many different variations of downhill boards.

Barry Gourley

I need alot of info

Post by Barry Gourley » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:58 am

Thanks Guys I'll take a look
Thanks,
Barry

Hunter Singleton

Post by Hunter Singleton » Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:55 pm

seth, where exactly is that skatepark in maryland? I might go there when i (think) go to the gathering in may or whenever

Jack Quarantillo

Post by Jack Quarantillo » Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:03 pm

Hunter,

Check this post for a link to pictures of Lansdowne
viewtopic.php?p=11123#11123

and further down the same thread is directions:
viewtopic.php?p=11611#11611

There's some ongoing construction happening there. I haven't been there since mid-November, so I'm not really sure what shape the park is in...

Hopefully by spring (The Gathering) they'll have finished. The new 'crete park in Frederick, MD should be finished by then too.

Q

D. Rogers

Re: I need alot of info

Post by D. Rogers » Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:44 am

barry gourley wrote:Hi all, I've just been reunited with skateboarding about 2 months ago by my 10yr old nece. Since then ive bought some parts and a few boards and have already hurt myself. Its been a long time since ive S/B like mid 70's. This stuff have come a long way and is kinda tecnical now.
Anyway im looking for some good parts for a downhill board. I have some cheep trucks,setor 9 nine ball wheels soft compond,reds bearings and a 47in canaden maple board. Im looking for the best parts( in everyones opinon) I know everyone likes different stuff but i know most guys will agree on some things.
OK, so I'm long winded, this might sound stupid but ...do they make skate parks that are long concret with banks? kinda like a (bobsled) course but not as radical. WHERES THE SPELL CHECK!!! PLEASE ADD FOR MINE AND YOUR SAKE I CAN'T SPELL !!!
Hey Bro whats up?

A nice set up for your downhill/carve board:

180 R-IIB (Call Randal and he will make you some Bs which have a firm bushing, upgraded baseplate, new kingpin, ect)
76mm Abec11 Flywheels. The Best
Abec 5-7 Biltins

Good luck!

Dan
Ima Rogers too. But Im not a Dave. Go Figure.