WTB - Ick Stick deck

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
george pitman

WTB - Ick Stick deck

Post by george pitman » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:51 am

Today a friend broke my Ick deck that Rick Howell and I made (he more or less walked me through the build process while he made it in his garage) back in 2001. I loved this board, it came with me when I graduated in 2008 and moved to San Francisco where we slaughtered some of the city's gnarliest hills, and recently survived a relocation to Oakland where the flat empty streets made it the best way to get around quickly and avoid being mugged. But sadly, no longer. I've looked around the internet to see if he's still pumping these beauties out of his garage, but the outlook is bleak. I've also long since lost contact with Rick, and can't very well ask him about purchasing a replacememt.

So, if anyone has an Ick Stick that they wouldn't mind parting with just name your price, and hopefully we can work something out. I still have the hardware and components from my old fiberglass friend, so all I need is a deck. Hope one of y'all will come through for me, I'm really bummed about losing this guy.

Also, if I end up having to buy a deck from a different brand than any reccomendations would be appreciated. I haven't looked into slalom skateboard equipment for over ten years, and don't really know what to look for these days.

Mike Gorman

Re: WTB - Ick Stick deck

Post by Mike Gorman » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 am

How odd. Just yesterday my car got broke into and my Ick retro flattie, the third ever made after Charlie and Steve's was stolen out of my car. I also lost a blue ick carerra that I bought at the FCR race in Catalina.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:37 am

How about that. They didn't steal the car, just took the slalom boards! That's some knowledgeable burglars.

/Jani

Scott Stomps

Post by Scott Stomps » Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Bad karma is coming their way.