release of vintage turner summerskis

Turner Summer Ski Slalom Boards

Moderators: Peggy Turner, Christopher Bara

david smith

release of vintage turner summerskis

Post by david smith » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:56 pm

Good news for all those people who thought they would never have a chance to own a piece of slalom skateboard history. I was bobby turners partner in the 70's. when we closed shop i got the inventory, its been stashed in my garage since then. sims skateboards had a large order they never picked up. hence the green boards, as it was their color then. these boards are new and have never been mounted. they are ready to ride or to hang on the wall. these boards were and are the finest slalom skateboards ever built, a true work of art, way ahead of their time, still raced today. turner summerski set the standard for racers. many companys at the time hired the best racers to race but they showed up on our equipment with their stickers on them. like going to the daytona 500 driving a ford with chevy stickers on it. the r&d work at the famed turner skunkworks and racing at la costa formed much of which we call slalom skatboarding today. i have read many posts on this site about people who would give their right arm to own a vintage summerski, well here's your last chance, i also have vintage turner summerski t-shirts, stickers hat patches ect. the boards are now on e-bay to check out , if interested shoot me an e-mail many thanks Smitty p.s. am also in possession are about 15 vintage boards that were raced by the likes of bobby piercy and tommy ryan, also for sale==++= i also have the orignal blackbird !!!!! raced by piercy and ryan will be placing that up for auction soon Thanks

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 pm

Wow. Just...wow. :-)

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:40 pm

I just searched "turner summer ski" on ebay and found nothing???? will the t-shirts be on there soon too?

-RF

PS - David, did you know the Welch family in SD? I rented from their son (he was a OB local kneeboarder) in the early eighties and a friend of theirs came over to work on my car, said he worked with BT - had a cool billet aluminum dashboard in his pickup truck. Was that you or someone you know?
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

david smith

vintage turner summerski"s

Post by david smith » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:21 am

hey rick that was my brother rob with the trick truck, he worked at turner factory next to the race track in del mar for a couple of years. the boards are listed on ebay as vintage turner summerski"s theres a picture of 2 green cutaways. also knew bob welch our neighbor.

Harvey Mills
Harvey
Harvey

Buy Now!!

Post by Harvey Mills » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:30 pm

Hey Smitty!

Great to see you've released these boards for sale. Guys-grab one while you can.

I can vouch for the condition and quality of these boards as I bought a couple from David earlier this year, and they are both pristine and beautiful.

Good luck with the sale Smitty - remember, I still want one of your FatBoys!

The two green boards are the ones from David. Sorry about the photo quality. And before anyone starts bitchin' - yeah, yeah, I know Turners should be ridden.....

All The Kit - Still Sh*t

Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel
Pierre Gravel

Post by Pierre Gravel » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:38 pm

Please post a direct link to your auction, i couldn't find them on ebay either.
Ride more, post less.

david smith

turner shrine

Post by david smith » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 pm

howsit harvey, great shrine to the turners, as for the fatboy, shoot me a fair price for it, remembering that its new and never mounted. thenks smitty

david smith

no turners found on ebay

Post by david smith » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:46 pm

just went on ebay boards are there vintage turner summerski thanks for all the interest smitty

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:52 pm

Harvey Mills
Harvey
Harvey

Post by Harvey Mills » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:54 pm

Smitty. Will send you an E. Glad you like the Shrine - my wife HATES it! Hahahahaaaaaa
All The Kit - Still Sh*t

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Pics

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:41 pm

I would be interested in seeing pics of the Piercy & Ryan decks and the Blackbird too. Since I raced those guys for years, it would be a nice walk through true LCB history.
La Costa Boy For Life

Max Presneill

envy green

Post by Max Presneill » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:24 pm

Any left? Anywhere?

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Re: vintage turner summerski"s

Post by Rick Floyd » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:34 am

david smith wrote:hey rick that was my brother rob with the trick truck, he worked at turner factory next to the race track in del mar for a couple of years. the boards are listed on ebay as vintage turner summerski"s theres a picture of 2 green cutaways. also knew bob welch our neighbor.
Thats cool David. He told me he had worked for BT after he saw my board and cones in the Welch's garage. As a transplanted 21 year old Northeasterner in SD, I thought it was pretty cool to be talking with someone who had worked with Turner.

I used to run the cones in a church parking lot in Serra Mesa right above the stadium. The Nationals in Morro this year was the first time I've run cones in California since 1985. Brewington was racing on his Turner...and with Hart, Yandall, Shufeldt, Coleman, Smith, Ruml, Kosick, Carrasco and Oyama there, among others, it was like a time warp.

Enjoy the ride!

-RF

"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Bob Frias
BoBo
BoBo

I got me one

Post by Bob Frias » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:27 pm

Just finished it today. EASILY my favorite Turner.<P>Image</P>Image</P>Image</P>Image</P>

Simply beautiful..

Bob
My amp is warmed up and I'm ready to shred!!!

CAREY LOWE

Re: release of vintage turner summerskis

Post by CAREY LOWE » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:26 pm

stoked to hear you saved some boards. I rode for you back in the la costa days...you have "a" Blackbird...Bobby gave me his first one one day up at la Costa...it was my first TURNERSUMMERSKI!

Bruce Brewington
Wall Street Racing
Wall Street Racing

Re: release of vintage turner summerskis

Post by Bruce Brewington » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:47 am

Turner Summer Skis still in use...on the way to a 6th place finish in the Masters Tight Slalom 2011 Slalom World Championships, Ottawa, Canada