Front page updates early 2011

Organization and Administration

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Front page updates early 2011

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:22 pm

I have redesigned the front page just slightly, to be able to fit more link and news onto the front page and not have everything in just one long thread. It's been up there for a week or two.

...but the very latest front page update(s) have gone completely unnoticed so far. And, it's maybe the most significant update since this site started. The ranking listing and calendar that you see there is right from the slalomranking.com site. If the ranking is updated the front page is automatically updated. It's the first step of integration between the two, but there's more to come. I'm working on some and Corky on other. There will be more and more integration between the two from now on.

Stay tuned!

/Jani
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Sat May 21, 2011 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 pm

I'm guessing it went unnoticed because most people, myself included, have the forum page bookmarked and completely bypass the front page
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:29 pm

How about some more pro results?

After all, the ISSA and the majority of those participating in this sport are open skaters.

But knowing who leads in the pro ranks back in 2007 is really interesting.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:58 am

Ron Barbagallo wrote:I'm guessing it went unnoticed because most people, myself included, have the forum page bookmarked and completely bypass the front page
That's ok for the regulars who come here everyday or twice a day, but as you know the intention is to make the front page more dynamic and interesting for those that come here looking for information on this sport. This is just one step in that direction.

/Jani

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:08 am

Wesley,

Here's what you might be looking for. Sorry I couldn't fit it into the front page:

Right now I'm just testing the technique for dynamic updates and the first attempts to merge information from SlalomSkateboarder.com and SlalomRanking.com. We can decide later on what actually goes up there or not.

/Jani

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:03 am

I noticed the change and I think it is wonderful! The forum is easy enough to find, and the front page is great for casual or 1st-time users to find results and upcoming races.

Nice job!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:12 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:Wesley,

Here's what you might be looking for. Sorry I couldn't fit it into the front page:

Right now I'm just testing the technique for dynamic updates and the first attempts to merge information from SlalomSkateboarder.com and SlalomRanking.com. We can decide later on what actually goes up there or not.

/Jani
LOL...Jani...right on. :-)

I noticed - it is really coming together you guys, nice work! Sucks being number 21 though - right Wesley? ;-)

-RF
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)