New offset

Tracker Skateboard Trucks

Moderator: Buddy Carr

George Gould
AZ G.R.S.
AZ G.R.S.

Post by George Gould » Sat May 03, 2003 6:49 am

woopee! I got my new offset from Tracker, is it everything I wanted? One, quality control looks really good. very nicely finished, red. I am running uncut Avalons in the rear with no problem because they have spacers and extra axle length. comes with 4 spacers per axle. this thing will stick like glue with Cambrias. I dumped the hourglass bushing for a blue superball lower and blue do-doh top. i can pump a slight uphill with no problems on the Ick. I am running this as a rear truck only with a standard front RT-X. feels very good and stable. I could only take one run because my surgery but I will post more soon. G

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: George Gould on 2003-05-03 00:50 ]</font>

W. Kilner

Post by W. Kilner » Thu May 22, 2003 4:24 am

Nice looking truck:
But I am really surprised at the cost ($130 each). I figured that if they were going to be made at the source, by Tracker (instead of a 3rd party mod) that it would bring the price down to something a little more affordable. But I will concede that the amount of people buying an offset is a very tiny number, regardless if they were $50 or $150.

I also would have thought they'd include Superball bushings in these at that price, since no one seems to like the hourglass shape for slalom.

But anyway, how are they, now that you've had a chance to take 'em for a spin?

George Gould
AZ G.R.S.
AZ G.R.S.

Post by George Gould » Mon Jun 09, 2003 5:00 pm

I finally got a chance to really ride this thing. I am pretty stoked. I rode my Ick Carrera and took it to speed I never did before with this board. I rode just for speed and to get used to it. Of course, I dumped the hourglass bushings and the top washer as I found it was digging into the hanger body. a quick trip to the hardware store for a smaller diameter flat washer helped that. bushings are still an issue. Superball blue bottom and Do-Doh blue top (all soft) I am not happy with the bushing set up yet, i think I could improve that some. My front truck is an RT-X. Avalons all the way. I have been clocked to 38 mph on these hills and I have confidence to look for more speed. and I can turn when I want.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: George Gould on 2003-07-10 17:40 ]</font>

George Gould
AZ G.R.S.
AZ G.R.S.

Post by George Gould » Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:53 pm

I have now ridden this truck with Cambrias, Avalons and Avilas. I now have it on a Comet Cross, long wheelbase. this is a good slalom cross set up with Avilas. it is a good G/S set up with Avalons. I did not like this truck for tight and have gone back to a RT-X front, S rear. I tried putting the Ick through 30 cones on 6 ft centers, the RTX-S/X set up gets through, with the offset it is a little difficult for me. I actually lifted the nose. Got the bushing set up down a lot better, Blue Do-DO bottom and old bones blue top, this truck rocks at speed, 35 plus it is comfortable. super grippy with stock Avilas! no clearance issues.