I want new wrist guards

All about safety gear

Moderator: Bill Walker

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:20 pm

Anybody like to give me suggestions as to which brands I should look into getting, and why?
Thanks, Glenn

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:56 am

Glenn, i prefer harbinger because of their strenght and design, i dont know if pro-design makes WG, but u should check http://www.harbingersports.com

leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Steve Prue
Team Bozi
Team Bozi

Post by Steve Prue » Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:11 am

hi there-

i have been using Pro-Designed Wrist Guards for the last couple weeks. wow - these blow my old rollerblade ones out of the water. highly recommended and reasonably priced. i got mine at pro-designed.com. wished i would have waited on my knee-pads though - learning that don't like taking off my shoes everything i put my pads on...

cheers!
steve

Bill Walker

Post by Bill Walker » Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:30 am

Since 1985 I ("W.Bill" Walker, Pres./ Pro-Designed, Inc.) have studied various avenues of wrist protection and it took 12 years to develop and complete the current P.D., Inc. wrist guard (2 1/2 years to develop the spoon, 1 year of testing, and years of questions). It is estimated that a reduction of at least 80% of the shock to the wrist and palm is not only reduced but redirected away from the wrist and palm. Custom prints (animal skins) or your own print can be put onto the P.D., Inc. wrist guards. Call P.D., Inc. for more details (713-957-0341).

Gary Holl
Roe-Racing
Roe-Racing

Post by Gary Holl » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:02 pm

ProDesigned are the best. Period.
I have fallen on mine while skating 30mph slaloming and while skating pools or street skating....they are best.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Oct 24, 2002 10:33 pm

Hey Gary,

Thanks for the input.

Do you have the knee and elbow pads as well? I am interested in your experience with the PD's as I am in the process of ordering a new set. My Rectors from the early 90's are nice for vert, but a little bulky and well, I'de like to have a set for slalom skateboarding.

I wish that I would have stopped you at Avila/Morro, you are so nice to help with the site and well, I was a bit shy. John Gilmour and Jani helped introduce me to some of the racers, others I knew in e-mail and I got pointed out by a couple of others. EVERYONE was very cool to me, Paul Dunn, Jack Smith and Howard Gordon and the before mentioned especially. And now that I am wondering off topic, Dan Gessmer is so damn cool, what a neat guy...

Anyway, can you give me some words about the pads if you have them in the pad forum?

Thanks.
Gary Holl wrote:ProDesigned are the best. Period.
I have fallen on mine while skating 30mph slaloming and while skating pools or street skating....they are best.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:09 pm

wrist thing is the only protec i use all the time, i have several but my favorite one is a pair of hockey things i found in a supermarket, here in France,
costs like nothing, and it's actually produced in Canada, the Brand is Grizzly Gear