2009 Rules Update - concede %of dq in qualification

general rules, special-tight-giant rules

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Robert Thiele

Janis kuzmins

2009 Rules Update - concede %of dq in qualification

Post by Janis kuzmins » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:40 pm

I suggest to change the course, (if the course is the problem), if 20%, or more than 20%, of riders get dq. The rule start to work after first run.

Thats looks that:
In the competition with 30 riders after first run (or after qulificatin)have 6 or more dq, need to change the course, if it's becaus of the course.

It's not good for riders to came spend money, time and mood, and its not good for spectators to watch that the riders get a lot of dq.
Thats looks and thats it's unprofesional if the riders agonise in the course.

Another possibility for a lot of dq is bad surface, (I remember that there was one competition in 2006 with this problem, hopefully this will not happen again) in this situation if it's possible need to change the place, if not set very simply course.

Stefano Bellingeri
Stefano
Stefano

Post by Stefano Bellingeri » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:49 pm

Dear Janis,

I do not agree on the viewpoint of the spectators. In fact, it is worse to have too easy courses where am do better (in terms of sec) than pro. Have you notice how am who tried to train on the special course on Sunday (in Grenoble) were not able to go through the course even if they were so fast in tight on Saturday?

Cheers
Stefano Bellingeri

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:33 pm

Many racers go "all out" on the 1st run and then slow down to get a qual time in the 2nd run (should they DQ the 1st).

I think it will be more reasonable for the racers to adapt to the course, rather than changing the course.

Requiring a change to the course will slow down the progression of the race.
Requiring a change to the course may alter the racer's behavior -- they might be more willing to take a DQ in the 1st run knowing the course will get easier in the 2nd run.

Janis kuzmins

Post by Janis kuzmins » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:03 pm

Pat wrote:I think it will be more reasonable for the racers to adapt to the course, rather than changing the course.
With two practise runs in ts. worlds 08. was not possible to adapt to the course and set board correctly. Actually I think the best way is giving some time for practise, 30, 45 not more than 60 minutes, depends on how many racers are there, and that will be more above board, two runs was the first time in worlds 06, and does not work.

This is another thing which we need time limit not less not more, but not two runs.

If from 26 riders in first run was 8. DQ, in second run 9. DQ. DQ in consilation and DQ in final.

We need some rule conceed % of dq to. than there will be not courses which need to change.