Slalom Skateboarding in the Netherlands

Moderator: Flavio Badenes

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

MODERATOR QUESTION NOW

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:00 pm

hans
why is it not flavio moderating this forum?

what did you do recently to come into that situation?

this is wrong,SO WRONG

i would suggest that you let flavio do the moderation since he has been the KEY person to
either bring dutch skaters to other contests or to actively hold a contest in amsterdam recently.

with all due respect and no ill will against you hans,you did a lot of talking the last few months and you never raced anywhere.
this sport needs people who are INVOLVED and who push the scene.
i can't see you in this position right now.

i see flavio in this position.

respect where respect is due

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:22 pm

Why only one - we now have two!

/Jani

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Re: MODERATOR QUESTION NOW

Post by Hans Lucas » Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:41 am

Donald Campbell wrote:hans
why is it not flavio moderating this forum?

what did you do recently to come into that situation?

this is wrong,SO WRONG

i would suggest that you let flavio do the moderation since he has been the KEY person to
either bring dutch skaters to other contests or to actively hold a contest in amsterdam recently.
with all due respect and no ill will against you hans,you did a lot of talking the last few months and you never raced anywhere.
this sport needs people who are INVOLVED and who push the scene.
i can't see you in this position right now.

i see flavio in this position.

respect where respect is due
First of all, I never appointed myself as a moderator.
Second, give Flavio the credit you want to, I couldn't care less.
Wherever I am, I give my opinion and no-one can hold that back, unless you are the moderator of a forum and want to ban me. If I'm skating contests or not has nothing to do with that.
As a matter of fact, I have been skating slalom contests (and winning Dutch National contests) even before you were born (as a figure of speech) and at the last contest (Oldenzaal, 2006) I was first, Flavio was 2nd.
Lastly, everything I do is pointed towards the promotion of slalom. If others are willing and able to do that (like Flavio) I wish them good luck. I even supported his ASS contest in the background, by offering 4 sleeping places to skaters.
Personally, I do not like Flavio. But that is personal and I leave that out of my dedication to this sport.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:48 am

dear hans:
your personal difficulties with falvio left aside we all had the impression that flavio did a very good job recently showing up at several races,skating well and learning all the new things you guys from holland didn't seem to know yet.we also noticed that he has a good drew surrounding him and for that reason i stepped forward and voiced my oppinion on the moderator question.
you have to admit that you didn't play a vital part in the recent showings of the dutch scene at the races,which is no critcism just my observations.
i always saw flavio connected with everything that happened in the recent past.and since this impression he left was a very good one i felt the need to voice it.
i did it the old fashioned donal way and i want to excuse myself for doing so but i still stand for what i said.

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Post by Hans Lucas » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:16 pm

Donald Campbell wrote: i want to excuse myself for doing so but i still stand for what i said.
No need to, I agree with you in many things; "organizing things" is also Flavios job and I hope he continues to do so in the future as long as it benefits the sport.
My point is just: please do not draw conclusions so fast because you only see a part of the Dutch slalom scene. And the fact that skaters do not compete (like some good skaters do not have the time nor the money to attend to international contests), doesn't mean that they have to withhold from posting their opinions.
At contests, I have to choose between filming and competing. I don't like to compete anymore and I guess I can be of a greater value for the sport in filming and distributing slalom/freestyle DVDs.
Also, in the past (mid 80's) I've tried so many years to organize Dutch (freestyle and slalom) contests but the Dutch skateboard shops didn't want to help me in doing so and there were also too few slalom skaters. So I finally quit.

But you know, I still slalom (and Richy Carrasco even called me his "trainer" in Hannover ;) ) and would like to keep joining slalom sessions and trainings, just to see at which level my skills are right now.
So maybe CU at following contests (although not as an organizer).

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:54 pm

I was not going to say anything regarding this issue but I think I better do:
Hans Lucas: If you won that "contest" in OZ was because I slightly touched a cone and because of that they disqualified me instead of deducting the usual 0.1 seconds like it is stated on the rules, otherwise I would have won and you know it. Besides that there were only three slalom skaters there, the rest were all street skaters that had never done any slalom in their lives before. The other slalom skater, a Belgium guy and a good skater was disqualified after hiting a cone as well.
So to call that result as something that should be taken into consideration in this whole issue only shows what you are a bloody farsant. Also to call that "contest" the Dutch Nationals is pathetic.
Now regarding the ASS event, first of all your help was not needed because of your strange gossip way of doing things. Besides that you never skate you just talk BS.
Regarding the fact that you provided a place to stay to 4 skaters that participated on the ASS event. First of all that was your onw choice and they were all free style skaters, so you were helping the freestylers and certainlly not the event. Here you go again with you distorted facts.
And that is why I decided not ot have you around the event anymore, you seldom speak clearly the truth you rather spread around a twisted idea of the facts.
It really scapes my understanding what is it that you are always talking about like you skating 33 years and then not been able to take a simple turn at the end of a slope. You asked me if I could take the turn, my fellow skater let me tell you this : had you been skating for as long as you have told us you would realize how stupid your remark was.
I am sure you don't like me, because people like you don't like open people like me, I don't make a living out of gossiping. Now just stand clear of my way and I will stand clear of yours. Go skate if you know how.

Bruno Brown RIP
Bruno (1962-2014) RIP
Bruno (1962-2014) RIP

Post by Bruno Brown RIP » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:55 pm

he probably sucked *************....kkkk

Sorry Bruno, I must change it :-) but you are most probably right!!! kkkkkkkk FB