[2007] Hannover Slalom World Cup, June 1-3

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

maike feldner

Post by maike feldner » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:34 pm

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Post by Hans Lucas » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:28 pm

Karl Floitgraf wrote: ... One of the people I met was Georg. .......... I couldn't think of a better use than to give him that board.

He's going to order stuff from Heiko's webshop this week and at next year's Hannover WC, there will be at least one Sarsedt local, maybe more.
Yeah, that kind of attitude is what we need in slalom; I also gave my Fibreflex with G-Bones a few years ago to a young skater and now he wants to practice for contests...

Jeroen Steggink

Post by Jeroen Steggink » Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:16 pm

Hans Lucas wrote:
Karl Floitgraf wrote: ... One of the people I met was Georg. .......... I couldn't think of a better use than to give him that board.

He's going to order stuff from Heiko's webshop this week and at next year's Hannover WC, there will be at least one Sarsedt local, maybe more.
Yeah, that kind of attitude is what we need in slalom; I also gave my Fibreflex with G-Bones a few years ago to a young skater and now he wants to practice for contests...
Why are slalom people so nice? :p hehehe..

I only started serious slaloming 1 year ago. I haven't competed yet, but my first contest will be this weekend. It looks like I missed a whole lot of fun in Hannover. Too bad I didn't have the time to be there.

I saw that you are coming to Amsterdam Karl! See you there!

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:28 pm

I put a few pics on Riderz Forum.... ( scroll down )

http://riderz.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=343411#343411
Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:50 pm

Thanks for the results! Perhaps the title in the excelfiles should be changed from Paris to Hannover, recycling is good for the environment :)

How come that you had a 12 cones hit maximum rule? I haven't seen that since Morro Bay 2004.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:38 am

Last edited by Karl Floitgraf on Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:07 am

Nice going, Karl, you smooth operator, you. I bet those girlies were impressed with your Germerican accent! Oh, nice work on the slalom course too. :-)

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:41 am

Really nice pictures Karl, but wait till you see the ones you are going to take here in Amsterdam :-)

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:54 am

Marcus Seyffarth wrote:Thanks for the results! Perhaps the title in the excelfiles should be changed from Paris to Hannover, recycling is good for the environment :)
Updated.

/Jani

Detlef Rehbock
Dete

updated

Post by Detlef Rehbock » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:17 am

thank you jani for updating the files. it was the first time that we work alone with the excel files from dan. after awhile we get firm with that. one problem on the second day, because we changed the cables and didn´t see that we marked the red and white lane same as the day before, but after a few minutes everything was o.k. and the contest was running.

sorry that we had no time for the am head to head finals in tight slalom. but when we see it from today, the build of of tension for the tight race and the price ceremony couldn´t be better as we did. the stuff throw was great to keep all the visitors till we end the price ceremony. it was so much fun to see all these kids crying for the stuff. see the pics above.

Steve Hinzen

more pics

Post by Steve Hinzen » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:37 pm

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Re: more pics

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:11 pm

Steve Hinzen wrote:...for those who can't get enough:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/50667343@N ... 325768205/
Thanks Steve, at last I found some pics of me !
Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:15 pm

Nice photos, Steve! I liked the one of you and Olson especially.

Paul Price
Pavel Racing Team
Pavel Racing Team

Post by Paul Price » Sun Jun 10, 2007 4:48 pm

Hannover 1- 3 June

Better late than never, here are my photos from Hannover, hot action!

Here are my pics (7 year old Milo took the slalom shots!):

http://www.flickr.com/photos/39089904@N ... 320024653/

use the slideshow setting of fast to view...

Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy
Jean-Sébastien
Jean-Sébastien

Post by Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:23 am

Pics from the french crew are here :
www.descente.fr - In the "International" section of the gallery

Thanks for the event, see you in Grenoble ! :-D

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Post by Hans Lucas » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:52 am

Well, wait until you see the smashing video material from Paris and Hannover! It's great footage despite the dazzling speeds! All those different styles are very educational...
At least all top-10 skaters (pro and am) will be in it.

I'll try to finish the DVD within a few weeks.
>Dete, you need some of my material or do you have enough material for your own DVD?

Detlef Rehbock
Dete

dvd material

Post by Detlef Rehbock » Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:26 am

hey hans, if possible cut a 5 to 10 minute trailer for me.
i had no time to film, so i would be happy to get some material from you.
lets skate a little freestyle in late summer. i will contact you and come to the netherlands.
see you soon.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:16 pm

Hans Lucas wrote:Well, wait until you see the smashing video material from Paris and Hannover! It's great footage despite the dazzling speeds! All those different styles are very educational...
At least all top-10 skaters (pro and am) will be in it.

I'll try to finish the DVD within a few weeks.
Wow,

Just a advice, if you allow, make it shorter rather than longer! Although it's cool if all top skaters are in there, make sure you don't show too many runs. We, the hardcore slalomers, will love it, but we'll never be able to show it to anyone else (wife, kids, mom, dad, etc!) What would be cool is an action video which is good and brief. Or put a commentary in to explain the advancement of the event. But that's a lot of work!

Looking forward to see it!

/Jani

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Post by Hans Lucas » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:59 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote: Just a advice, if you allow, make it shorter rather than longer! Although it's cool if all top skaters are in there, make sure you don't show too many runs. We, the hardcore slalomers, will love it, but we'll never be able to show it to anyone else (wife, kids, mom, dad, etc!) What would be cool is an action video which is good and brief. Or put a commentary in to explain the advancement of the event. But that's a lot of work!
Looking forward to see it!
/Jani
Thanks for the advice!
I planned 2 sorts of formats for the videos: 1 WMV or MOV file for each run, which would also be nice to be send by e-mail or to be placed on Youtube, and another merged file with all runs sequentially, with some explaining. Unfortunately I can't place footage online at Youtube, but I could e-mail the files (<2Mb, a few seconds of footage). (top 10 skaters: pls PM me your mailaddress if you want to receive your run on WMV by e-mail!)

Everything will be placed on a DVD.
I'm willing and able to put time in it; all for the PR of our sport, so skaters can still enjoy the footage with their grandchildren!

One more thing: next contest it would be nice if skaters had either their names on their back (like Vinzz and Paul), or have a number on their back which could be related to a name... But for now I can manage to find the names with the faces...

Detlef Rehbock
Dete

Video of the Hannover Race

Post by Detlef Rehbock » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:12 pm

Thanks in advance to hans lucas for his enthusiasm of bringing our sport on dvd.
maybe it can help for next years search for sponsors.
by the way, whats about maria carrasco?
she is filming so many times. i think race organisers would be appreciate if they get some help with video material...

.. as jani said. shorter is better, because most people are not really interested in our sport, so you have maybe 3 to 4 minutes to impress them

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Interest!

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:27 pm

The reason most people are not interested is because they don't even now it exists. The industry is blinded with greed so there is nose use going there for support.

The Top pro's from Slalom and Freestyle that are kings in the industry care very little about their roots and only care about increasing their profits by promoting stret skating.

It would be very easy and cost very little for them to help the other areas of skateboarding to become popular but they would have to swallow their pride and reveal their past existence in the sport.

It is very hard for some people to stand up for themselves without losing respect.
Many Happy Pumps!

YOYO SHULTZ

Re: Video of the Hannover Race

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:31 pm

Detlef Rehbock wrote:Thanks in advance to hans lucas for his enthusiasm of bringing our sport on dvd.
maybe it can help for next years search for sponsors.
by the way, whats about maria carrasco?
she is filming so many times. i think race organisers would be appreciate if they get some help with video material...

.. as jani said. shorter is better, because most people are not really interested in our sport, so you have maybe 3 to 4 minutes to impress them
Exactly!
Props to Hans.

A proposal for Hans:
Once you are finished with editing it is easy to render the film in different formats, also VCD ,SVCD and DVD compatible.
So just save the different files and create a DATA CD or DVD to send out to people. With Nero or other burning programs you can create a CD or DVD with no big problems if you don't have to convert files.
Make a low resolution version as well as a high resolution version. Youtube is fine if you just want to share some stuff really quick, but it's not too organized if you search for something.

Claude, you are absolutely right about the company big wigs that somehow make lots of $$ but forget their roots. For some of them skateboarding is not a sport, artform or whatever, but a means to make big $$.

Is there someone who lives in southern CA who could contact Pierre Andre Senizergues of Sole Tech?
I believe that Pierre might be more open minded than most other CEOs.
I have seen recent clips of him skating Freestyle, and as most of you know, he was/is a great Slalomer too.
I have a feeling that HE does NOT deny his past and where he came from.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Yoyo

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:33 pm

Yoyo missed you in Europe. We could have had another great freestyle session, EH!

Take Care see you soon.
Many Happy Pumps!

YOYO SHULTZ

Re: Yoyo

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Claude Regnier wrote:Yoyo missed you in Europe. We could have had another great freestyle session, EH!

Take Care see you soon.
Yup Claude, this time we just did not meet.....
Paris and Hannover just did not fit into my other life's schedule.
I was in Amsterdam, slipped out, slammed big time on my right hand, doing a reverse yoyoplant.....all that just cruisin down that 'steep' hill. No broken bones, but I could not skate on Sunday.
On Saturday we went to Amsterdam skatehall and had a BIG Freestyle session with about 15 skaters.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Ouch!

Post by Claude Regnier » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:55 pm

Sorry to hear about the fall. I know you'll heal up soon.

Unfortunately Amsterdan could not be fit into our schedue let alone our financial planning. This year it be tough enough to make the 4 or 5 events I'm planning on attending.

That Freestyle session sounds like it would have been a blast. Dom and I had another twosome handstand down the Troca as well. That was fun.
Many Happy Pumps!

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Post by Hans Lucas » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:45 am

Thanks for the tips!
Detlef Rehbock wrote:by the way, whats about Maria Carrasco?
Watch out for her next www.Sk8kings.com DVD!
YOYO SHULTZ wrote:A proposal for Hans:
Once you are finished with editing it is easy to render the film in different formats, also VCD ,SVCD and DVD compatible. ...........
Is there someone who lives in southern CA who could contact Pierre Andre Senizergues of Sole Tech?
I was in Amsterdam, slipped out, slammed big time on my right hand, doing a reverse yoyoplant
For the 2006 videos, I've made different versions (SVCD, DVD, data DVD), but more versions really ARE more work, even with Nero. I'd rather put that time in the editing.
(but feel free to make your own format if you want to!)
Pierre André is still in contact with the Carrasco's (as well are Welinder, Primo/Diana and Darryl Grogan). P-A doesn't skate anymore and neither does DeMatos. (what a loss :( x2)
Yoyo, get well soon; I'm glad you can still type!
Claude Regnier wrote:That Freestyle session sounds like it would have been a blast.
In Paris there was also a smashing freestyle session on Sat evening, with Michel Dupont, Lillis and Richy. Wow, in my 33 years of skateboarding, I've never seen so many 360's, let alone nose 360's (by Richy)! Buy that www.Sk8kings.com DVD for more slalom and freestyle footage!!!

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Props and Pics!

Post by Maria Carrasco » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:41 pm

Thanks to Detlef and his crew for all your effort to run this event. We had a great time visiting Hannover for the first time. Nice to see all our international friends again and stoked to meet many new ones as well.

Major Congrats go out to Brad "The Jackhammer" Jackman who swept the Open Division Overall in both Paris and Hannover! Super stoked for Brad to make such a comeback after the elbow break in Brixlegg last year. Way to go -- The AXE Army Salutes You!!

Special thanks to Racer X for helping us cram all that luggage in the car and for the extra entertainment on the roadtrip! ;)

Still recovering from jetlag but have posted a bunch of pics and trip report here: EURO TOUR 2007

Cheers!

John Deurholt

iSkateboard Slalom Footage, Hannover.

Post by John Deurholt » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:39 pm

iSkateboard VIDcast has published a new video podcast. John Deurholt from iSkateboad had a little chat with Steve Olson during the World Cup Slalom Skateboarden in Hannover Germany. He also shoot so footage during the two days.

Watch the video podcast as Quicktime: http://www.iskateboard.eu/vidcast/quicktime.html, as Windows Media: http://www.iskateboard.eu/wmv/wmv.html or subscribe to the podcast: http://iskateboard.libsyn.com/rss
If you do noting, nothing will happen!

getyourassintogear.com (_!_)

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Post by Hans Lucas » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:00 pm

I've finally processed all Sarstedt video material, which includes footage of 32 skaters who have hit 3 or less cones during his/her runs.
So PM me with your name+e-mail if you're interested in your slalom run(s) (or of someone else). It's not much work for me to make a WMV and to mail it.

My PSWC/Sarstedt slalom DVD (incl freestyle) is also ready and I've sent it to Detlef.

Detlef Rehbock
Dete

Plans for 2008

Post by Detlef Rehbock » Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:28 pm

As the major european Event in 2007 we are thinking about our plans for 2008. It´s a problem, because no sponsors are interested in our sport. There will be a carfree day in hannover in august, where we are thinking about. Maybe there will be a big expo sportsfest, but the last two years, they cancelled the expo party. At the moment we will wait with our announcement of the race 2008.

but..... we are still here.
and there was no race like the other in hannover.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:19 pm

Detlef,

I really hope you run another event man. Hannover was so much fun. Great ramps- good flowy courses and lots of local spectators. I know it's way late but thanks dude.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

Hans Lucas
1963-2014 (RIP)

Post by Hans Lucas » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:00 pm

Online slalom videos about the contest (but only valid until Dec 31, 2008!):
http://www.steekr.com/n/50-17/share/LNK ... bb23243c7/

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:10 pm

nice memories ! Thank you !