Georgia Outlaw Slalom at Suwanee

Slalom Skateboarding in the Southeastern U.S.A

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Ron Barbagallo, Lynn Kramer, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Ron Olsen

Georgia Outlaw Slalom at Suwanee

Post by Ron Olsen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:56 pm

With GA. Tom unable to put on the Shamrock this year, I'm going to put on a replacement event at Suwanee. This will be the same low key event like we did in Dublin. There is a bit more of a hill in Suwanee than Dublin, and I'll set you a fast challenging course.

Saturday Jan. 20, 2007. 10am start time. The course will be on the tight side of hybrid, expect 6,7, and 8 footers. I'll shoot for 50 cones. Unlimited Push start. Safe runoff area. Jam format. Single lane.

Map to this address to find your directions:

3400 Lawrenceville Suwanee
Suwanee, GA 30024

Satellite image:

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&sa ... =h&iwloc=A

I-85 exit on Lawrenceville Suwanee Road and head toward Satellite Blvd. It's best to turn on to Satellite Blvd (a left off L-S Blvd.) and connect with Martins Farm Road, a right hand turn off of Satellite. This will just bring you around behind the Mitsubishi building. On Martins Farm, its a Right hand turn after you see the American Cancer Society. Rutland Tool is also in the building with ACS. The turn is a service vehicle road for the loading area at Mitsubishi, and is the road we will be riding on. Head to the bottom, and move over to the right side of the road/lot to park.

Map showing Martins Farm Road:

http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&sa ... 35&iwloc=A

It will be a fun event, get your slalom legs ready.

RonO

404-353-6782 for questions.

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:47 pm

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:14 am

Signup sheet now posted on NCDSA.

Eric Sanders

georgia outlaw slalom

Post by Eric Sanders » Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:26 pm

Sounds like a good way to start the year, I'm currently in between work right now can't really be traveling much. That hill at you tube looks really fun though. Good luck to all who enter.

Ron Olsen

Post by Ron Olsen » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Eric,

We'll do it again later in the year and we'll see you at that one. Sorry you can't make this one!

Ron

Ron Olsen

GOS results

Post by Ron Olsen » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:47 pm

Quick results from Today's Georgia Outlaw Slalom. We had 15 racers.

Tight:

1. Keith Hollien 10.785
2. Ron Olsen (AXE ARMY!) 11.574
3. Steve Lavin 12.124

Not very Giant GS:

1. Keith Hollien
2. Ron Olsen
3. Marion Karr

Full results, video, photos to follow.

Thanks to all the participants for coming out and racing. I hope everyone had a great time.

RonO

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:07 am

Only blood of the day... I soaked my last good Van right down to the sole.

http://a970.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... fc18a1.jpg

SL
Last edited by Stephen Lavin on Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
LAVIN

Ron Olsen

Podium Picture

Post by Ron Olsen » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:06 pm

GOS 2007 Podium:

Image[/url]

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:45 pm

You guys look good sportin the long sleeves....
Glad you had fair conditions to race in.

Hope the skin grows back SL.... Got the 2007 wake up call out of the way early... hehe

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Mon Jan 22, 2007 4:10 am

MC Hammerhead Shoutouts:

RoN OLSEN: You're Awesome Brother! Thanks for putting together a great Outlaw event in Suwanee yesterday! Dude you were on fire yesterday and everyone that came out had a great time!

STEVE "TOPSIDER" LAVIN: Thanks for making the trip down from ChiTown to join the southern slalom gang. Bro you had it going on in the tight/hybrid and the dancing!!!

JOHN KARG OF WOODY'S HALFPIPE BOARD SHOP: John is building the longboard and slalom scene in the Southeast like no other shop!!! The man has a movement going on in the Atlanta market that has a growing following! Thank you for all you are doing for the sport and the support you have shown me.

THE WOODY'S HALFPIPE YOUNGBLOODS: Dudes and Dudettes! You guys ROCK! The slalom racing was killer but nothing could compare to the late night Parking Decks (and yes, that's plural bro's, eat your hearts out) Session!!! As I said before about DHB skate jams, my face is sore from smiling so much! Every run down every deck was a blast! Thanks so much for making me feel welcomed into the crew and hanging out with me at the shop! Looking forward to getting back down to Atlanta to shred some more!

MARTY SCHAUB: My traveling partner and Woody's teammate, thanks for coming out only two days after shoulder surgery to share your stoke and run timing for us! Great to see you there and get healed up soon! We have some TRAVELING TO DO BRO!

KEITH HOLLIEN: It's always good to skate with Keith. Thanks again for sharing your stoke, advise, and frienship!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

thomas edenton

Post by thomas edenton » Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:15 am

Ron,
Many thanks to you for setting up the Suwanee Jam! Had a great time and it was most cool to meet you and some of the other first class skaters. Definately looking forward to hitting the pavement again with ya'll! Be well!

Ron Olsen

Video

Post by Ron Olsen » Mon Jan 22, 2007 11:32 pm

Tom Thompson

Post by Tom Thompson » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:49 pm

Very cool Ron. That looks like a fun course....

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:50 pm

How did Lavin place anything but last with no wheels on his board? That new rear Radikal must really be the dog's bollocks. :-)

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:21 pm

Ahh, there in lies the secret of the Midnight Special. The real question is "... how did Lavin beat everyone else with no wheels on his board...".

I was changing out my wheels getting ready for the not so giant GS and RonO wanted to snap a pic. Then I sliced up my ankle and just fell apart, well not really :)
LAVIN

Keith Hollien

Post by Keith Hollien » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:51 pm

I want to thank Ron for putting the race together. I had a great time. I also want to thank all the people who traveled from out of state to come and race. Thanks to Marion & Jim from NC, Steve from Ill and Gabe form Miss. I have to say the Woody's HalfPipe team is coming on strong(so look out).

I know our Radikal Talon trucks are versatile, but I was a little suprised how well they did racing. In the second race(not so giant Giant Slalom) I was riding my normal GS setup and thought I should get a time with the board I had my Talon's on. To my surprise the Talon setup won the race for me. I had a 55 degree baseplate(green & blue bushings) in the front and 45 degree baseplate(black & blue bushing) in the rear with 1/4" axles in both. That means I was riding 6.75"(172mm) trucks in the race.

I want to thank Ron for calling me on sunday morning to skate, but then the rain came. So we went to a nice parking garage and ran cones for a couple of hours. Thanks Ron.

Keith, Teams Radikal, CHIxILL & Oust.