thank you's and a summary of the event

Moderator: Robert Thiele

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

thank you's and a summary of the event

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:23 pm

jani adel corky chris helping out with the timing and stuff.
corky preparing the final sheets prior to the awards with broken ribs and not mentioning it

the whole cologne crew for helping and preparing the tracks especially frank and ollie

the cradle crew and especially my friend alex kapfinger for keeping everything under control and preparing this whole affair.

homer for doing all the trophies and working overnight

the mayors of brixlegg and reith for giving us the roads.

the skaters from across the world to come andparticipate
the sponsors:
CARHARTT(no carhartt no contest)
vans
indiana
pavel
airflow
kaliber
sk8kings
skaterbuilt
tirol touristic office
octane sports
concrete wave skateshop

we had tons of schwag and enough money to make everybody happy(CARHARTT AGAIN).

i'll make this short and sweet.
i know what everybody did when where and why.
me keeping that in mind is more important than posting it.

we had a good 3 day event which was packed with action and some of the worlds best skating so far
the gs and special courses were outstanding and epic.
the crews from sweden and england rocked the place and the cradle.
jbh finally met you and it was so good
claude canada represent
richy,mitch,jackhammer,lynnibob hahahaha yeah you rock too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
maurus good show at the gs

homer hmmmmmm donuts

the french crew always smiling and spreading the good vibes

ze germanzzzzzzzzzzzz are getting fasterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

switzerland crew yeaaahhhhhhhh
latvia-be happy that you have janis representing you
the italians one pasta please

did i forget anybody here?
definitely

throw some stones at me,i'll catch em

CARHARTT has been so pleased with the event that we will go into a REPEAT mode next year.
prize money will be the same,maybe i can upper the ante a bit-we'll see.
different tracks next year so the contest won't be too stale.
prize money for the park race then too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe that was the best event so far,i heard that quite often during the last 3 days
but that's something you have to decide.

thank you again to each and everybody you made it happen
Last edited by Donald Campbell on Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guillaume Saint-Criq

Post by Guillaume Saint-Criq » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:12 pm

thank you Don and all guys who make this happen!
It's a really good news to hear about Brixlegg 2007 : French team will be there for sure, faster than ever ;-)
And please, keep the same giant track !

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

WORLDS BRIXLEGG 2006

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:39 pm

Thanks Don for making it.

It was a lot of work, but it was really worth doing it.
It was all about racing, meeting nice people and having fun !!

I like to thank the time keepers and cone sheriffs, too. ;-) special those who were willing to help during the GS.

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:35 am

My turn to thank all the persons who made the worlds possible !!! and first of all of course,Don' King of Brixlegg !!! but also Heiko and his girl friend, Dom, Steve, Frank, Catherine, Carsten, Joachim and so on...
It was also a pleasure to meet again the slalom community, the people I already know and the new ones ! but also US racers: Jonathan, Lynn, Brad, Richie and Maria, Brian, Karl...

My results weren't as good as expected ( tight and special ) but I couldn't imagine beating the king himself ( and my friend Guillaume ) at the Giant slalom !!! The special and giant slalom locations were perfect.
I also really appreciated the free meals ( vietnamese food in Austria, Don you're DA Man ! ) and the toilet accomodations ( even at the end of the giant slalom slope, in the middle of nowhere !! ). A lot of small details that make the difference.

Personnaly it was for sure, my best slalom trip with my french mates, we had so much fun that my head is full of memories of those four days of madness ! the smile didn't leave my face during all the way back to Paris.

HUGE THANKS TO YOU DON TO HAVE PUT SO MUCH EFFORT IN THE WORLDS !!!

Thanks again to Jani and coneRacing who showed me the way...

Fred.

Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com

Riccardo Roma

Re: thank you's and a summary of the event

Post by Riccardo Roma » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:52 pm

Donald Campbell wrote: the italians one pasta please

did i forget anybody here?
yes you forgot italians...

Dominik Kowalski

Summer vacation

Post by Dominik Kowalski » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Don' king Cone!!! You made it!!!

I'm so glad that everything went more than good. Thanks again everybody who was there. My greedings go out to Heiko and his girlfriend, Steve and his family ( I love you!!!), Sir Baumann ( thank you for those trophies, while carring them, you really could tell what you achieved), Katrin (Congrats girl, you rip!!!) , Holger, Frank (I think he was very happy finally beating me in the GS, Congrats :) ), Ollie, Karsten (please get well soon), Alex luxat ( you too), Axel Fischer, Christian Buttler, Chris Eggers, Yoyo, Leo, Wolfgangster, Ditsches......and everybody else from our homecountry, thank you!!! All guys and girls from the Gang of Switzerland, Gang of France!!!! Italy!!! The Brittish!!!! Latvia, Russia!!!! and the guys from america, like Brian and Karl, Richy and Maria, Brad, Jason and his wife, Claude(Canada!) and Mr. Hollien, I really enjoyed hanging out with you guys! Oh, and not to forget: All of the swedish guys, who where really kicking as!!! Keep it going!

For me personly, this event was the most exciting ever. First day, skating on ice, party at night, second day, an awesome course on the best asphalt you can get, party in the pool, at night during flootlight, party harder!!! Drink some more! Kissing girls, undescribable vibes!!!
And on the third day, man, what can I say, I just enjoyed it so much! Mostly because of everybody giving the best of them! After the GS was over, which was just fucking great, the best thing was skating down from Reith, through the gates into and out of the tunnel, down to Brixlegg, while we where passing one more time all locations, where we raced. It was very important for a final review!!! Yes, it was great!!!!!!

Now, the guy who I would like to thank the most is, off course, The Don himself! Thank you for this, it will be always on my mind, you are making me the best time in my life, since you picked me up for joining your team, I can't think of something better happening to me, you are one of a kind, thank you for being so super cool, for always being so true, and sticking by your words. I am very thankfully for meeting you! I love your way of thinking, and having such a big mouth and be able to back it, now I can see what it is good for ;)
I hope this will go on for a long time, I know I still have to learn alot, I know sth. I can be a bit annoying, but I try to do my very best, for being a helpfull, honest and a motivated young man!!! I would never got so far, without your help, thank you!

I also would like to thank Vans, and mostly Carhartt for putting their trust in us!!!! I'm diggin' your shit!!!

Thank you!!!
Sincerely,
Dominik Kowalski
<a href="http://www.pavel-skates.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">SEX, DRUGS & BACKSIDE ROCK'N'ROLL...</a>
keep on rollin'...

Adel Ahmed

Post by Adel Ahmed » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:11 pm

thank you Donald , the contest was really good. Brixlegg was perfect for skateboarding (specially alpague to brixlegg in skate,sweden team represent).it was my first world championship and i never want to forget it , specially the GS.all the riders was so good , so nice (my friend marcus,sweden), i want to give my hapiness to all the riders during the contest.dominik,heiko,donald,peter,sam,katii,gsai,2fre,david,charles,vinizzz the king,johanatan,keith,all the sweden team,all the rest of the team to all in the world , continue to skate with the smile ,and see you next years,donald, i respect you 'cause you decided alone to organize this contest , many job ,for just one guy,so you are to me THE SUPERMAN OF THE YEAR 2006

thank you for all

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:08 pm

Thanks Don for the great weekend. More I don´t need to say...Pavel rules!!!
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:53 pm

What a Fest this weekend of racing was!

This was by far the best race I've ever attended. Has there ever been more prize money? Has there ever been a longer giant course in Europe?

Finnally the girls had there go for some real prizes. They deserve it!

The 2-run-training was cool and made everthing smooth.

The Brixlegg-Ruler deserves to be established for years to come. Maybe next time we will even see Austrain racers. I wouldn't be surprised.

Thank you, Donald, for pulling this off! Mission fullfilled.

See you all back in Tirol next year!

p.s.:
please, never ever play Jack Johnson at a race again!
http://www.pavel-skates.com/
raceboards with a soul!

Maria Carrasco
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President
SK8KINGS - ISSA Vice President

Brix was off the hook!

Post by Maria Carrasco » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:04 pm

Just a very quick note to say "Thank You" to Donald and very extensive crew who worked together to pull off a fantastic event for us all. We have only been home a few days and are playing catch up from our two weeks away from life in the US. Have been getting through photos (have about 600 pics and hours of video tape to process) and will post some of the best up along with other special memories and thoughts as soon as possible.

Great time, beautiful countries, killer venues, awesome hospitality -- what more could we ask for?? Nada.

More to follow. Cheers everyone!

Patrick Allan

Post by Patrick Allan » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:29 pm

Thank you Don.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Thu Aug 17, 2006 7:56 am

Report on sk8mag.de:

http://www.sk8mag.de/contests/brixleggJul06/

only in german language. sorry, no time to translate.......yet

or does someone want to step up?

You can send the translation to Bernhard at sk8mag.de

YOYO SHULTZ

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:58 am

Hi Don and crew!!

As it was a very busy time for me after the Brixx contest, my late reply.

THANKS so much for pulling off this big event, I am still speechless!
Your are the KING!

Let's get rolling again.....

YOYO