Radikal front wanted

Radikal Skateboard Trucks

Moderators: Keith Hollien, Mark McCree

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Radikal front wanted

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:47 pm

Does anyone have a front Radikal for sale? This is rediculous. Anyone? A good product is one thing. Running a business is another. Let me ask you guys, If you had an ice cream shop, would you hope to run out of ice cream during the summer or winter? My guess is that you would forecast the sales of ice cream to be greater during the summer so you would not run out of supplies during the peak season. Likewise for slalom products. In addition, the ecommerce aspect of Radikal's site sucks as well. Let's be realistic here. Im not going to sugar coat anything here to kiss anyone's ass. A great product exists. The business aspect behind it needs serious work. Yea yea yea, I have a 4.0 in business, national deans list, bla bla bla. Even still, it doesnt take that to realize that there are many frustated and potential customers that are losing interest in this company. Take it as an insult or take it as critism and do something about it. I am a poor basturd, finally get the cha ching for a front truck, and the mysterious parts are nowhere to be found. How about getting the act together? Yea I'm pissed.

So who has a front truck for sale? Pm me.

Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel
Carsten Pingel

Post by Carsten Pingel » Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:36 pm

ask Michael Stride from Octane Sports in England !

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:20 pm

Thanks Carsten. I will ask him. Please note. My outlash is by no means attacking the quality of individuals as people. An example, a fellow I worked for for years who owned a snowboard shop. Greatest person and boss ever. He was like a dad. He did a lot for me. But from a business perspective, he sucked ass and couldnt run a business to save his life. Put the ski industry in 3 millions dollars debt. So please understand, my verbal puke will hopefully get someone ass in gear to correct or better the business issues at hand. As a customer, I do not need to know the current issues at hand as to why. I just want product, I have your cash. Anf if there is a business issue that I can help with, I would be more than happy to lend my expertise. One pissed off customer is one too many. Correcting the problem begins with not letting them happen. Thanks.

Jeff Boswell

Post by Jeff Boswell » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:06 am

CMC,

You’re not the only one that’s PISSED by any stretch of the imagination. Try having your credit card charged three times for the same order, pay 27 bucks for two day shipping and having the product arrive over a month later! They did refund me some money, but when they did it was short $130. Somebody is very mathematically challenged in that organization. My E-mails and phone calls go unanswered; I think I deserve to be treated better! I’ve been holding my tongue over this matter for some months now but I think it is time to let people know. Save you’re credit card statements and sales receipts, it might just happen to you.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

geesh

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:13 am

how pissed are you? WOW That's too much

Jeff Boswell

Yea Geesh

Post by Jeff Boswell » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:35 am

I guess I was a little harsh, but when you're pissed you're pissed, what can I say.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:26 am

Last edited by Rick Stanziale on Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Used?

Post by Marty Schaub » Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:56 pm

As Rick has suggested, buy used. If enough people that would normally buy new, buy used through these types of websites, then the manufacturer will get the message.

Now the key is what does that manufacturer do with that message???

They could not care, which in eventual terms will cost them thier business. Because even if they remain a business entity, no one will care to even inquire about product.

Or they could give a damn, and they take stock of the shortcomings, and seek an action plan to fix them. They communicate with thier customer base and start treating customers right one at a time. Then and only then will a positive word of mouth begin. Remember the old adage; A happy customer tells no one because they got what they expected. An unhappy customer will tell at least 10 people because of the percieved or actual mistreatment.

And with public forums like this that number can grow exponentially among your potential customer base. Every time someone talks about Radikal with me, right or wrong the first thing I think of is Hieko's publically posted problems.

Just my 2 cents.
La Costa Boy For Life

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:58 pm

Rick thanks, I only have $190.00 Whp will part with one?

Tyler Hager

Post by Tyler Hager » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:46 pm

I feel you guys.

I ordered my Rads, and when they got here they didnt even come with axel nuts. You think, that if you spend 400 dollars on a set of trucks, they would at least come with some fucking axels nuts.

And to top it off, one of the kingpins was cross threaded. Thank god I know a machinist, otherwise, Id probably still be waiting.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:18 am

Ive wasted too much time. Ill buy elsewhere.

Ted Hall

Post by Ted Hall » Sat Jun 10, 2006 6:58 am

I have to chime in, and add that I find it really weird that we're entering the height of slalom season and what is arguably one of the finest slalom products is simply unavailable, and the compaony seems to be unresponsive. I hope they'll get it together, as I too am frustrated. I have two slalom set-ups & one downhill set-up waiting for equiment from Radikal to become available. Guess I'm going to have to find other solutions... They could be earning money on product along wiht the good will of some eager skaters, but instead they are creating problems for customers and, by multiple accounts, some bad feelings. It's too bad...

Steve Collins
Harbor Skateboard Racing
Harbor Skateboard Racing

Post by Steve Collins » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:59 pm

Curt DeBartolo wrote:Ive wasted too much time. Ill buy elsewhere.
It looks like you've wasted ... a day.

It seems to me that there may be trucks here:
http://bahne-skateboards.com/dragonsclaw.html

Also, try contacting Jack. Set aside all the stuff you've heard from others. Try for yourself.

radikaljack@yahoo.com.
1-877-723-7587

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:43 pm

Thanks Steve. Been there done it...but thanks. No avail. Juggling school full time, work full time or try to, plus training amongst other things, even something as small as ten minutes of wasted time is important.

Mark Chandler

Post by Mark Chandler » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:33 am

Do I need to start stocking the Radikal trucks, too (we already blow through the bushings as soon as they come in)?
MileHighSkates.com
Feeding skaters' addictions since 2003...

Kevin Dunne

Post by Kevin Dunne » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:04 am

There really is no point in stocking the trucks if you cant also stock the various axle lengths. I have been waiting for 1/4" axles to be available for 4-5 months and, every time I inquire, I get the same answer: "they will be ready in 10-14 days". If you can stock the trucks AND the axles you will have no problem selling them...just look at all of the people who are trying to get them on this forum . In my opinion, they are the best front truck available for slalom and hybrid applications but, in the time I have been waiting for the narrower axles to be available from the manufacturer, I have purchased 3 (second hand)front Radikals from others on this forum. It's too bad they are having such a hard time keeping up with the demand because they really are a great (front) truck.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:01 am

Hello All,

As most of you know I am the customer service person for Radikal. I take the heat for Radikal's inventory short comings. I feel each and everyone of your frustrations, times a hundred. I am working to correct the current situation.

Radikal took on a major debt load last year, sending numerous racers to Europe, twice, as well as sending racers to numerous US events. Supplying prize money for major races. We also ran into difficulties with damage to the factory, when Sparky attempted to puchase a new building, he ran into even more problems with arsenic poisioning in the dirt around the building, eventually leading to the cancellation of escrow, and then a hunt for a new building. The new factory is now set up. Both Mark and Sparky manufacture Radikal Trucks due to their love of the sport, they are NOT making money at this, they have spent hundreds of thousands of dollars of their own dough on this venture, without seeing any return at all.

We now have titanium in the house for the axles, along with hundreds of kingpins. The CNC machines are running both slalom and downhill trucks. We should be back up to speed very soon.

If you have any questions please call me at 877-723-7587.

Thanks for your incredible patience.

Jack Smith

PS - The Heilko matter was resolved two months ago.

Art Pryde

Thanks Jack!

Post by Art Pryde » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:43 am

Jack,
Thanks for the super quick delivery on the kingpins!!!

Thanks alot,
Art

jeff bonny

Re: Thanks Jack!

Post by jeff bonny » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:31 pm

The regular email contact keeping me apprised of the progress of my Radikal order and the phone call to confim color before you shipped is the kind of service that says you care. I'm happy to continue dealing with you and hope the current troubles pass quickly.