Mike Maysey Ts board

Skaterbuilt Slalom Boards

Moderator: David Hegstrom

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Mike Maysey Ts board

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue May 23, 2006 7:12 pm

I just got it and set it up with some splifires and zigzags, im using the ds90 50deg on front and a 35deg on the backtruck. altough i am having a liitle bit of a problem.

everytime i pump, the front wheels lift from the ground, my front truck cant be looser than it is already, i dont know if this has to be with my stance thats maybe too far back and i may be applying pressure to the tail, hence the "3 wheels slalom" or maybe my truck setup.

on both trucks im using 2 wedges, adding steering to the front and taking it from the back truck.

any thoughts?

dave, mike,ur13, anyone?

Leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue May 23, 2006 9:26 pm

Hi Leo!

I've had the same problem with mine, but it's a 107mm on a Conekiller GS. Two design problems seem to cause this. It's either (depending on what you use) the top flat washer (if it's not pratically as small as the kingpin nut) or top insert bushing or kingping nut that hits the sides of the hanger. And/or the kingpin hits the sides of the hole which it goes through in the hanger. Check your hanger for any scratches and you will see what I'm talking about.

I got a friend of mine do some mods to it with a Dremel tool this weekend but havent't been able to try them out yet (I hate this f@ckin' rain!). He slightly ovalized the kingpin hole in the hanger and grinded off some aluminum where the nut/washer/insert touched. This should give it a little more "dive". At least, I hope it does...

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Tue May 23, 2006 10:05 pm

so you have 10* dewedge on the rear.....using a DH baseplate? i would take some dewedge out of it. i'm no pro or anything at slalom but i do mess around with all my slalom and longboards a lot. normally i only have the front wheels lift up if the back tilts (not physically turns) too much or the front bushings are compressed all the way. to get more steering out of the front, i remove the lower washer or put in a flat washer and i flip the top washer.

without seeing it i am afriad i can't help too much
No vestido para mi

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue May 23, 2006 10:28 pm

Adam Daniels wrote:...or the front bushings are compressed all the way.
The problem with the front Split is that the bushings can't compress all the way. It's either the top washer (cupped, flipped or flat) or top metal insert (if you use the Khiro conicals) or the kingpin nut ( if you use a really small flat washer just 1 mm bigger than the kingpin nut with non-insert type bushing) that blocks against the hanger, and/or the kingpin hits against the sides of the hole between the 2 bushings.

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Tue May 23, 2006 10:36 pm

Miguel Marco wrote:
Adam Daniels wrote:...or the front bushings are compressed all the way.
The problem with the front Split is that the bushings can't compress all the way. It's either the top washer (cupped, flipped or flat) or top metal insert (if you use the Khiro conicals) or the kingpin nut ( if you use a really small flat washer just 1 mm bigger than the kingpin nut with non-insert type bushing) that blocks against the hanger, and/or the kingpin hits against the sides of the hole between the 2 bushings.
I own 2 splits. I am just making my comments on what I have noticed when I use white khiro's. mine only stop from turning when they compress all the way. i used to have contact hanger issues before but i no longer do
No vestido para mi

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Tue May 23, 2006 10:57 pm

Adam Daniels wrote:mine only stop from turning when they compress all the way. i used to have contact hanger issues before but i no longer do
What did you do to solve those issues Adam? I'm really interested.

And congrats on your results in Boston. Now, make Joe wear a dress please. :D

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Mike Maysey PRO TS. 1st place women's special SL. Paris-2006

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue May 30, 2006 5:32 am

Photo Ellena Senina

Congrats on the 1st place in France! I think it was Mike Maysey #13 (!) :D

You made it.
I bought it.
Olga has taken it there. Just mounted the trucks, practiced a couple of times, and won.

These boards win races. And <i>that</i> what counts.

Most boards are customized by KK Distribution in Moscow. Check out some of the graphics and the process.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:06 pm

Say hello to Lyolya. This is her 3d time on a skateboard. She's pumping quite well...
Thanks to Skaterbuilt "Mike Maysey" TS PRO's ergos and Lyolya's desire to be a PRO skateboard racer.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:06 am

Congratulations on 2 Silvers for this TS deck in the 2006 EU Championship’s straight and special GS under the feet of Olga Kiselyova, PhD.

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:55 pm

Hey Dave and DHB Crew

Thanks Very much for donating a Mike Masey TS to the Dixie Cup!! I picked it up for winning the C division on saturday

Image Myself and my girl emma posing with the board and the Jug!

This is exactly the board I needed, gonna go skate some 4 footers!

David Hegstrom
Skaterbuilt.com
Skaterbuilt.com

Post by David Hegstrom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:02 am

BTW...I'm a BIG Lyolya fan. WOW. We'll have to send Maysey to the USSR R E A L soon!

davO