The First High School Slalom Team in the US

Movie Files (avi, mpg, rm, etc.)

Moderator: Jani Soderhall

Karl Floitgraf
Slalomspot.com
Slalomspot.com

The First High School Slalom Team in the US

Post by Karl Floitgraf » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:29 am

This is the 2005 season promo video for the Needham High School Slalom Racing team. Clips range from practices to races and jam sessions. Enjoy

A zipped quicktime file.
http://www.slalomspot.com/video/2005/Ne ... al.mov.zip

We (think we are) the first in the country to organize slalom skateboarding through our school, like baseball, football or the chess club, Needham has a slalom skateboard racing team.
BOSTON BAKED BEAN
HONORARY TEXAS OUTLAW

T Whalen

Post by T Whalen » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:33 am

Killer promo vid Karl!

Awesome tunes and editing too.

You and Weasel must be rock stars at NHS.

Terry

François Tembrun

Post by François Tembrun » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:16 pm

really top!

with high level slalomers! great!
"l'uréthane-trop d'la balle!!!"
RennesLongskate l'asso

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:07 pm

Karl,

You and your team are to be praised for this effort. I know first hand how fast you guys have gotten. You are breaking new ground and bring a breath of fresh air to a sport filled with old guys.

BUT

You cannot rest on your laurels. One team? Who do you compete against? How can you help grow teams at other schools? Any contacts? Can you contact other local schools and have introductory meetings?

Can you document here how you've organized and trained your skaters? They have gotten fast quickly. How did you do it. Specifics as to practice courses and equipment would be helpful.

If you are seeing success, how can it be copied. I'd bet you could turn this into some project that would fullfill some assignment at school.

We butt heads sometime Karl, but I am honestly proud of you and what you guys are doing. Now if I could just get you to pick up some cones...

Joe

Paul Pellerin

Post by Paul Pellerin » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:12 pm

Joe,

Karl is management material. Last weekend he had one longboarder and two flippers resetting cones and directing foot traffic. I don't think you will see a huge change in this area.

Great idea Joe!!! Karl needs to take it to the next level and get other schools to form teams. The team shirts had a lot of people asking questions. The most common being - Oh you are a team - who do you compete against. Current answer - among each other and at other regional/national slalom races. If they continue to develop this concept and are successful, slalom in the Northeast will just explode.

Congrats on your DHB race.