European Races 2006

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Jadranko Radovanovic

European Races 2006

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:26 pm

For all race promoters, Let´s start planing 2006 series of europe.

Grueningen will not candidate for the World Champs 2006, because it's not possible to run a race with 150 Rider's.... We have every time around 100 rider's without the Americans, and we don't want to tell our amateurs, that they can't compete next year, because there are a lot of Pro's...

We will candidate for a main status again!

Our race will probably be on June 9/10/11 not confirmed yet.

9. June Night Giant Slalom
10. June Special Slalom
11. June Nation Cup

More will follow in the end of september...

J-RAD

David Rudnianski
LTC
LTC

Post by David Rudnianski » Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:35 pm

Normaly, till april, 4 basic races will takes place in Paris for the pirates slalom series. 1 race evry 1st week end of each month. More news will come later.
French Pirates are in the place...
www.riderz.net
http://pirateslalom.online.fr/
Politic Longboard Activist...

Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher
Paul Keleher

Post by Paul Keleher » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:31 pm

J-rad

good news on the early dates, hope they are confirmed soon, especially as they don't co-incide with fathers day in the UK

Paul K

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Re: European Races 2006

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:48 pm

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:Our race will probably be on June 9/10/11 not confirmed yet.
J-Rad,

Bear in mind that it is the weekend directly after Paris which is scheduled for 3/4/5:th of June. There are advantages and disadvantages of these close together races. Some long-travellers ask for them, other dislikes them. The good thing is that there are only 3 days in between, so killing time won't be much of a problem!

/Jani
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Wed Sep 14, 2005 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:05 pm

Keep in mind it´s World Cup 2006 in Germany.
WC races has to be before or after to get any media.
Paris and Gruningen is perfect.

PK

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:03 pm

I know, that is directly after Paris, but we started now a big promotion action in Zurich and we want to continue it 2006 in Grueningen.

Here you see how you can do good promotion on and before the race. We print 5000 ex.
By the way, that's what i learn by the latvian boy's !!!
page 1 and 4
page 2 and 3

bad quality on the net, but the printed Folder inspire emotions ! And that is the target...
We will see, if it work's...

As for our promotion in our region fot the World Cup 2006 which will be held in Hinwil (Night giant Slalom) and Grueningen (special Slalom and Nation Cup) we will print 50 000 ex. and this will be distibute in our region where 80 000 people live. Here the map. Oberland Map

The night slalom street is about 700 meter long and it goes down. I will show a video when we get the permissions. Here the map: location

Me and my handicaped people from our psychical house work for a advertisment distribute company, that's way we can do this very very cheep...

We have "Vitamin B" contact to a national tv station and are looking now if we can do somthing with them.

so, that are the newest news... More will fallow perhaps tomorrow...

J-Rad

Detlef Rehbock
Dete

Hannover Race

Post by Detlef Rehbock » Fri Sep 16, 2005 4:49 pm

We plan another big race for hannover. This year we had a lot of fun with
all you slalomers. we learned on our first race and we know what to do next year.
i think the first race was o.k. so watch out for our second race.

we have big problems with the date, because on the first weekend in june paris will
do there pswc. the expo area is the best place for us, but the big expo party is always on the first weekend in june. but we work on the problem.

you will see the result of our work at the end of the year on www.skateboardworldcup.com

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:16 am

Jani, Corky,

When will be the other's Statuses setted ?

green = setted

Major:
Brixlegg
Antibes

Main:
Riga
Grueningen
Paris
Hannover
Brixlegg/Antibes

Prime:
Stockholm

We have 4 candidates for 2 main statuses.
Paris, Hannover, Grueningen are three weekends in a row. In other Words, only one of them will get main ?

There are three countris represented: Germany, Switzerland, France

The problem is, that a country without a slalom scene will get perhaps the biggest status.

From the time advance rule Antibes will get a Main. Than we have only one Main for Paris/Hannover/Grueningen.

Paris will get out because of the main status in Antibes.

Than it's between Hannover and Grueningen.

Who should get the third main Status ?

/J-Rad

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:43 pm

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:The problem is, that a country without a slalom scene will get perhaps the biggest status.

/J-Rad
oukay...thanks for the info

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:37 pm

J-Rad wrote:Jani, Corky,

When will be the other's Statuses setted ?
J-Rad,

I'm not deciding anything. I just make my voice heard like everybody else.
Corky shouldn't really decide anything either, but as he runs the ranking he often draws conclusions to finalize discussions and also sometimes just has to make the decision so that something is decided.
J-Radc wrote:green = setted
Why is Riga and Stockholm already set? Once the Mains are decided and everybody won't get one, I assume there will be discussions on the Prime status.
J-Rad wrote:Paris, Hannover, Grueningen are three weekends in a row.
In other Words, only one of them will get main ?
Brixlegg and Riga may be two weekends in a row.
Does that mean that only one can get a high status? Yes, I think that's what Corky is suggesting. Hmm, then if Brixlegg gets the Major status, then maybe Riga should only be a Prime?
J-Rad wrote:From the time advance rule Antibes will get a Main.
I hope you are misinterpreting this rule. The "time advance rule" is only to make sure events are announced early enough. It doesn't mean they automatically get a high status.

J-Rad wrote:Paris will get out because of the main status in Antibes.
Unfortunately I agree that it may be hard to defend to Main events in France.

/Jani

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:31 am

j-rad

i read between the lines and i find it rather sad to see that you are still against what i am doing.it started when i first put on my ideas and you continue to stab me whenever you can.
why that negativeness against brixlegg,or do you have a peronal problem with austrians?

as for austria not being a slalom country,well that's true,but they offer the best playground ever to be seen on the european continent.
i know that you will deny that fact but i also know that your thoughts do not reflect the feedback i received from your fellow countrymen.
why don't you just concentrate on your stuff and try to be good next year?
how about that?

jani

a fact is,that most people get the impression,that either you or corky decide what will go on next year.you know,i'm keeping myself out of the discussion,i know that you only try to set some positive marks for the future,but the general interpretation is as mentioned above,when it comes to defining race-dates in europe.

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:57 am

Her come my own ideas about what Jadranko wrote:
The problem is, that a country without a slalom scene will get perhaps the biggest status.
What IS the/Your? problem, Jadranko? I don't get it.

Paris will get out because of the main status in Antibes.
What? Funny rule, isn't it? I mean, You must be pullíng my leg, Jadranko. Paris deserves a MAIN status. I mean, come on! Do I really need to tell You why?

Than it's between Hannover and Grueningen. Who should get the third main Status?
If Grueningen really wants to compete with Hannover, I wish good luck to the smalll village of Grueningen with their handful of spectators and small facilities.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:36 am

I'm not agianst a person or any race or any country.

I only want that it should be clear and it should be known how the statuses are setted.

Are there rules or aren't there rules ?

Every European Championchips had a Main Status and it's an important race for Europe, that's way i make it green as setted.
Stockholm is setted green because of the numbers of Event's. There are 7 races in Europe and 8 Statuses.

Perhaps i posted the wrong rule, i mean't what Corky said: The High Statuses races should be over the whole season and not close to each other, what makes sense.

Don i'm not against you or your idea. What i try to reach is, that we have some guidelines setted how the whole thing should work. Every year is diffrent how the statuses are decide.
Why i'm every time asking Jani and Corky is because they have a lot of experience and know how the whole thing can happen.

ss.com is a Forum where every one can say what he thinks.
I think the desicion should be done by an organisation (ISSA) or the race promoters until we have an organisation who is represented by all countries.
I think no country should have more than one Main Status.
At this point where we are now, i think a competition who is the first time in, can't get the highest status, even if they have 100'000 Euros prize money.
I think we need guidlines for the allocation of the Statuses.

Steve by the way,

Yes, Grueningen is small. Yes, Grueningen has a history (first time heard in the year 1038).
Yes, Grueningen has a slalom competition since 2000. Yes, Grueningen hasn't a Expo Fest where 100'000 people are. Yes, Grueningen had the last 3 year's the most competitor's in an European race. Yes, Grueningen had the most competitor's in 2005. Yes, Grueningen is easy to reach for all. Yes, since the year 2000 there were mor than 180 diffrent skater's in Grueningen from 13 diffrent countries. Yes, Grueningen is in Switzerland. Yes Switzerland has the biggest slalom community. Yes, Switzerland is the most time the biggest representative on Slalom Contest's in Europe. Yes, we started with 24 rider's the first year and we have now 92. Yes, we make it possible for people who can't attend the race to sponsor them to come to Grueningen. Yes we make it possible to race for 20 Euro's two day's. Yes, we make it possible to sleep for free. Yes, we showed that when we make the race on a other place (Zurich) that we have thousends of spectators. Yes, we will have a slalom-series next year. Yes, our Websites will be ready in one week. Yes, we have perhaps the best timing computer. Yes, we (one Electric Engineer, one Informatik Engineer, normally they earn 220 CHF per hour) are developing an Information System for Slalom races. Yes, it will be possible to watch the results on our website with a 5 minutes delay. Yes, we are all young. Yes, we started with 14 year's organising Slalom Competitions. Yes, we will candidate in 2010 for the World's. Yes, there are people who belive in us and who invest time to help us.

Should I state now which Media Coveriges we had ?

How many Flyer's, Poster's, Folder's we printed ? Our Posters in the 62 Busses which are three weeks before the competition in the Busses ?

20'000 Folder's which goes to every post box in our region ?

Which sponsors are in ?

Should i now say the best deal ever you had in Europe ?

No, that's for sure not my way !

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:16 pm

don't coem with your media thing j-rad.
brixlegg has had so much coverage in all the important skateboard magazines,you can't count the pages.
your skateboarding background is different from ours,i know that,this is also ok for what you do and are.
but you should be so open-minded to see the other side also.
we,the skaters with different backgrounds inskateboarding,seasoned guys,want to see slalom grow in the actual skate-media.
reaching the whole world in a european held contest is far more important to me than just reaching one country.especially reaching the main-target group-namely other skateboarders we try to hook on slalom.i think this is more important than attracting mom and dad.
i could have chosena different place in germany to hold this event,but i would have absolutely been unable to offer the package i'm offering now,therefor i decided to choose brixlegg.
maybe you take your time and speak to other skateboarders who don't race and try to find out how famous brixlegg is and how well-known among the vast majority of skateboarders and tourists who often visit the skatepark,since it is such an outstanding terrain to skate.
i also value and honor your arguments,j-rad,but in this certain case i have to ask the majority to overrule certain standards in order to make this thing happen.
the expectations of the sponsors are high in this event and they will also contribute in the after-amrket effect on the venue.

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:32 pm

Jadranko, beside my very personal ideas about Grueningen I totally agree with You when You write:
What i try to reach is, that we have some guidelines setted how the whole thing should work. Every year it is different how the statuses are decided.
All these discussions are useless as long as the guidelines are not fixed.

One thing is for sure:
If ever somebody will come up with enough money to pull out a BIG contest, the ISSA and their rules will be completely overrun. Nobody knows if this sport might grow any further. But the ISSA should be ready for this situation if it wants to play a role in the future.

For me Brixlegg is one step in a progression.
Donald offers something bigger to slalomskateboarding as it was never offered before. At the same time he is ready to cooperate with the ISSA. Even if he wouldn't need to.
ISSA-status or not: This race will be attractive on its own.

The slalomranking is fun, for sure.
But If a skateboarder has the choice between participating in a contest of Brixlegg-range or competiting in another contest to gather some points for the ranking, what will he do?

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Austria

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:35 pm

@Jadranko and @ all others how are promoting Slalom...

THERE IS A SLALOM SCENE IN AUSTRIA.

Why ? - Because I have had customers who bought Slalom-Equipment from our online store...

... and they used these things to do some Slalom.

maybe the scene is more silent, but never the less ...

... and remember Chris Eggers and I carried some help to have Grüningen more International ... e.g. rules, English translations, .... this was a long time ago ...

... and remember 2003 when some good and well known US-Races were in Grünningen, e.g. R.Carrasco, H.Gordon (Turner), ... please think about this. who was the man / men behind this ?

Grüningen started very small and with some help it began to grow. - - -

I understand that you fight for your Grünningen, but other mothers have nice daughters, too...

Slaolm-discipline AND winning new people, e.g. street & pool skaters.

CONCLUSION
To my mind BrixLEGg is a good chance to go some steps forward.

So, support Donald – because he is on the way to take Slalom a step further

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:15 pm

Of course many people has helped in Grueningen and we will be thankful every time for that !

I don't have even a vote, for what should i fight. Grueningen will be held as every year, we make some things better... We will develop the race himself not any side event's.

I'm sure Donald can do a perfect contest, and he has a lot of Power !
Sorry, but i don't belive that carhartt would sponsor the event when there is no Skateparkrace. The same thing with Stockholm, WE sponsored because there was the pool sessions and legends like Olson, T-Mag, Hackett and all the other's famouse skater's attend it for free. How much they have to pay to Olson and Hackett if they want them only for a pool race ?

Perhaps i'm wrong, but what i think is:
They are sponsoring the Slalom Event because of the Pool Race. What will the magazines show ? Slalom or more from the Pool ?
I don't belive that carhartt or WE or any big Skate Lab will sponsor Slalom, because it's a too small target group for them! And there is the job for us all to promote Slalom. I even don't believe that streetskaters will change to slalom. Do they have enough time to do both? Yes a skater who goes to school for sure, but other ones who has to work the whole day for sure not.

I hope i'm wrong, but that's what I think.

A big step for me will be when i'm in Brixlegg in July and I see thousends of spectators on the Slalom race side not at the Pool race. Than i will be the first who will gratulate to Donald.

Or is a big step something else ?

J-Rad

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:35 pm

Steve Hinzen wrote:The slalomranking is fun, for sure.
But If a skateboarder has the choice between participating in a contest of Brixlegg-range or competiting in another contest to gather some points for the ranking, what will he do?
I would go for the points. Call me narrow minded but I'm not interested in who's winning the killer-class poolrace or who wins the super-g longest-race in history. This is SLALOMskateboarding not DH or pool. Don't get me wrong I skate pool and DH too and enjoy both, but not at a slalom race.

And as J-rad says if it wasn't for the pool thing Stockholm probably wouldn't have had WE as a sponsor. On the other hand if the pool thing didn't happen perhaps a little bit more time could have been put into the slalom comp so that things would have been a little bit more solid at the race. Rain is hard to fix but we all know that wasn't the only issue.

At the end of the day you gotta remember that its a slalomskateboard competition, not a promotion event for all skateboarding, or is it?

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Don't Move, Time Is Slow

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:47 pm

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:ss.com is a Forum where every one can say what he thinks.
I'd like to be in an octopus's garden in the shade.

Clear your debts ;-)

Can anybody write down a list of all the proposal dates? Would be helpful.

rmn

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:05 pm

marcus:
i don't think you will be able to comment on the quality of the gs race in any way,because you don't know squat about what will happen.you don't know which kind of course will be set for the gs,right?

bottom line-for you

i want to hold a longer gs course than the usual stuff we have seen this season in europe.
fact is,that i do have the longest track at hand-this doesn't imply that i have to use the track to its full extent,ok?
another fact i'm considering in this race,will be a course set to challenge us and also the americans.recent races showed strength and weakness on both sides of the sea in different track-sections and the way they were set.well,this course will be set in a different way and it won't be a cakewalk,it will be exhausting,trust me

bottom line for me

next point:
sponsors sponsor the slalom race not the pool race,at the moment the pool-race is absolutely unsponsored,which will change soon enough.
vans and carhartt pay for the slalom event.
why?
because i'm friends with those guys and they strongly believe in my ideas.
i'm reading so much stuff here which makes me wonder,i didn't have those problems in lining up my main sponsors,this was way easier.
i do have a big influence what will be shown in both mags involved,since i am responsible for the photo selection-i certainly don't need to explain to you why that is so.

one of the strongest attractions this year in the usa were hacketts races and the new pool/bank races-they really got attention,maybe not yours.

i have seen your problems and already commented on them,being the loudmouth that i am.

i took the time to see this year at each event what can go wrong,i will try to improve.

at the end of the day i want to remember that i pushed slalom to new heights,that everybody had a good time and good races-nothing else.

to end this i want you to reflect on your assumptions on certain circumstances which either lead to the sponsoring of this certain event,or on the promotional outcome of it.

you will find out in both cases that your input was highly unqualified and unjust,because-AGAIN-it was only based on your own theories.

so you are either grossly misinterpreting things or openly claiming false statements-what is it?

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:38 pm

Donald, I'm not commenting on the quality of the GS, or your event. It's gonna be super, it gotta be after all the commotion.

What I wrote was that I think SUPER-G and pool is not very schlalom. Bring all disciplines to one place and throw a big competition, just don't forgot what you called the comp. Was it wc slalom - focus slalom, was it skateboard jam - focus party.

I'm not sure what input was wrong, unjust, grossly misinterpreted or whatever you wrote, perhaps that wasn't aimed at me. I'm sure you agree with me that WE was in it for the pool, not the slalom at sthlm.

If you are selecting the photos, has this thread increased or lowered my chances for a centerfold? :)

btw what was the topic for this thread again?

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:42 pm

If I'm correct these are the tentative dates for the main events in Europe next year:

Paris, May 25-28
Hannover, June 3-5
Gruningen, June 9-11

Riga/Jurmala, July 1-2
Brixlegg, July 22-23

Antibes, September

I think the World Ranking is correct to suggest that events should be spread out over the season, but I'm not sure it's really a strict rule. I think it's a recommendation.

J-Rad, did you ever consider moving your event to August? Looks like there's an empty, pretty interesting, slot there! Moving the Paris event to August wouldn't be possible as it would then compete with Antibes, being in the same country. Hannover is stuck with their weekend in June because that's the weekend of the Expo. If we want that audience back it's the best weekend.

It's a pity to have both the European and World Championships in July.

Maybe it would actually be better to make Gruningen the European Championships, but only if it is moved to August?

Antibes should ideally be late September.

/Jani

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:06 am

Jani,

our organisation will meet on Saturday. We will look if it's possible...

/J-Rad

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:37 am

It's a pity to have both the European and World Championships in July.
That's why I prefer Antibes to hold the European Championships at the end of the season.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:22 am

There is a regular SuperG Slalom event in St Germain, part of a local freeride event in Brittany, it's a very popular event.
SuperG slalom racing offers an opportunity to DH riders to try themselves through cones at their advantage.
it's a major race from a proselitic point of view: the number of slalomers in this neighbourhood doubles after each of these races.

Just one question that comes to my mind: how many different races can a pro racer participate in one week-end ?

Steve Hinzen

Post by Steve Hinzen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:12 pm

I would go for 10 !

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:17 pm

as there are two open prime slots for germany we would like to announce 2 races for the next year one slated for april2nd in cologne and one for october 8th in düsseldorf as the "great western race series".
if i don't see anybody else stepping up for a race we will take the 2 primes for germany.

besides that we DO have sponsors for our races,namely US.

please feel free to correct me if there are any mistakes
Last edited by Donald Campbell on Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:22 pm

november 27 in cologne pavel and kaliber will present the GOG race in cologne
as far as i can see that prime slot is still open,right?
Last edited by Donald Campbell on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:12 am

That´s exactly why I think Antibes should get the Worlds. The Word Championships has to be at the end of the session. Blow all the steam in July and then what???

Riga was out there fisrt of all, never claimed anything else, nobody challanged, now all of a sudden some of you are looking for plan B.

RIGA IS THE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONSHIPS 2006

The Worlds is between Brixlegg and Antibes.

Stockholm choose not to apply for main status cuz we think the statuses should be moving to different citys every year. Paris though should be the grand opening every year.

As for our freind in the USA I think its all up to them. They make there statuses and just inform the rest of the world.

Keep it rolling
PK

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:07 am

Donald,
How sure is the gig in Köln?
How far is Dusseldorf from Köln?

Let us know asap.

PK

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:57 am

definite
dtown cologne 25 mins distance

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:10 pm

We are not able to move our competition. And we don't want to change anything because the sponsors have already our Dokumentation and there is the Slalom World Cup Grüningen on the front page.

so, 9/10/11 of June Grüningen.

Riga is the European Championchips

J-Rad

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Sun Oct 30, 2005 8:15 pm

guys...
the november 27th date is for this year.
next april axel fischer will be in the boat to make things smooth as butter,prepare for a nice course and good audience-perfect to start the season.
this year november i will coordinate the event in cologne.
entry fee is 20 euros-you will get a free t-shirt with a cool logo and the money earned will be spent on 2 portable slalom ramps which can be folded and are absolutely easy to assemble.
steve came up with an intriguing concept.we'll finance the ramps with the money earned.

don't forget-we have the BOWL

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:16 pm

The Statuses are decided for the World's and European Championchips ?

If i rode it right, Antibes will be the last race in Europe where you can earn a lot of point's.

Major:

Brixlegg

Main:

Riga
Antibes

There is now one more Main left.

We want to have a main in Switzerland.

How will the decision be ? I think it's between Paris, Hannover and Grueningen, or are there other's who want the last Main Event ?

/J-Rad

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:25 pm

myvote definitely goes to hannover-detlef absolutely deserves that status

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:49 pm

Paris

rmn

Detlef Rehbock
Dete

World Cup Hannover

Post by Detlef Rehbock » Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:02 pm

Hey Vinzz,

what date is paris? i need an answer to plan our Race.
please let me know asap.
Tomorrow we have our first meeting with the local Radio Station.

I think we need operating figures that have to be fulfilled to get a main or major status.
We talked about this at the beginning of this year. I think ISSA or the organizers of slalom races or all Skaters
have to describe the standards for a main race and then

organizers are able to apply for a main race status.

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

PARIS for MAIN!

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:42 pm

PARIS is of course candidate for MAIN status.
Next year the parisian event will try to be more professional than ever and will take place inside something big with the city.
As the Trocadero seems to be finally not available in June, you know that we had to change the initial plans so the contest will PROBABLY be held on the week end of 27th and 28th of May (probably from 25 or 26th to 28th)
BUT the meeting with people from the city, the federation, co-organizers and other associations involved will happen TONIGHT.
So I hope to have a strong confirmation about the dates.

Detlef I'll inform you as soon as possible about what is goin'on here.
[ www.pavel-skates.com ] [ www.riderz.net ]
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Glad to hear it!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:20 pm

Good Luck tonight Vinzzzzzzzzz. By the way are any of you folks aware of the battle going on to have the status from one canceled race status moved to the race in North Carolina this coming weekend.

Could some of you take a look in the (viewtopic.php?t=2269&start=50) section and voice your opinion.

There is no solid reason, other then the existing rules established in the 80's or 90's that have not been revised to alow for last minute changes or cancelations of status events.

We have very few contest comparitively in North America and travel distance to even lower ranking events is quite a bit further and a lot more costly to attend.

There have been several good points brought up by several people. Perhaps a few people from Europe could convey their suggestions.

Thanks for your time.
Many Happy Pumps!

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:37 am

Now when there are so many organizers aiming for the 4 highest statuses there are a couple of points that can help sorting it out
- Spread them out over the season
- Spread them out geographically
- Spread them out over odd and even years
- Avoid same country getting more than one of the highest statuses

Spread them out over the season
It's good if we have the races spread out over the season. This gives us maybe four season zones over the year. May/June, June/July, July/Aug, Aug/Sept. Races in the same date zone compete against each other.

- Zone May/June
Paris, May 25-28
Hannover, June 3-5
Gruningen, June 9-11

- Zone June/July
Riga/Jurmala, July 1-2

- Zone July/Aug
Brixlegg, July 22-23

- Zone Aug/Sept
Antibes, September

Spread them out geographically
Let's try to give as many as possible the chance to have at least one Main close by.

West: Paris, Antibes

South: Antibes

Middle: Grüningen, Brixlegg, Hannover

North: Riga, Stockholm

Spread them out over odd and even years
If one city gets the Main one year then other could get priority the coming year. Since the World Ranking (pros, wom) are over multiple years that will not affect the world ranking at all.

Avoid same country getting more than one of the highest statuses
This is only a problem for Antibes and Paris. Even though Brixlegg is in Austria it feels a lot like German or Swiss territory since the slalom scene in Austria haven't made itself shown very much.

With these points I get these two different proposals.

- 2006 Proposal 1
Paris May 25-28
Grüningen 9-11 June
Riga (EC) 1-2 July
Brixlegg (WC) 22-23 July

- 2006 Proposal 2
Hannover June 3-5
Riga 1-2 July
Brixlegg 22-23 July
Antibes September

The first proposal is a little bit too compact concerning dates for my taste. The second proposal is better but might seem surprising with Paris loosing Main status. But Paris will attract all skaters anyway. And with Hannover as Main the weekend after will give a very attractive double Prime/Main week. And we get a nice finish late in the season with Antibes.
I have started to like the second more daring proposal even though Grüningen then only gets Prime status. But that could also be a guarantee for them getting a Main for 2007. Same for Paris.

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Prime in December?

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:11 am

C'mon, let's get real here.

It's not even in any of your proposals, one or two for 2006. You show nothing in several months in your spread out scenario.

Let's add a new rule no Prime or Main status events outside of April to October then? Sound fair? Of course not!

I do like the fact that some people can fly round trip for $12.00 Canadian. But getting England to take advantage of that fare would add another $1,200.00 EH!

Psst. Hey Peter, Alfie is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will lend him to you in February, EH!
Many Happy Pumps!

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:28 am

2 points corky:
downhillbillies-they deserve their demanded status more than anybody else does at the moment,give them what they want-my oppinion.

now we are talking about flexibility

regarding main statuses i would suggest that the main status goes out to paris and hannover also.
in the ranking the better score for a racer who attends both races will be going to count-that would be the easiest solution.

as the sport grows,the choice of locations also grows.if we are all lucky it will be even tougher for anybody to decide whcih race gets main and which not.
from their size both,paris and hannover,are a must be main-race,especially hannover had an immense amount of spectators,there's no denying that.
maybe my idea is not that bad and the rules could be changed easily for your needs in order to keep everything coordinated.
as we are talking about the quality of a race here is a result of conversations i had with different skaters not only from germany:
besides the quality of a race itself the "touristical" aspect is a dominant factor in any racers decision to enter any given race.so on that scale i would go and say that either paris or hannover or stockholm or antibes are a must.i can't comment on riga ath the moment,but next year.grüningen is not on that list,since this place is really a remote spot on the map in switzerland.zürich would be nice ,but not grüningen,since this place only offers a race with a very unspectacular race-track.the orga was good,but that's not all people are looking for..

i often watched the discussion about slalom going to the olympics,therefore i want to derive a few aspects from other sport events which are not skateboard related.
#1 olympic games are never held at the end of a season
#2 world-championships-there are quite a few as i see it

just some food for thought,mainly the flexibility is important,coming back to the original purpose of my reply to your post.
without flex some systems might be hindering the evolution and growth of a sport.

next year could be a main stepping stone for the system to show how good it can be.

reducing paris to a prime is unthinkable at the moment.
giving detlev a prime would be absolutely unfair and short-sighted-he was the king of spectators with a solidly organized race.
antibes well pierre is at the end of the season,good place for a good ending of the season.

stockholm would be also cool for next year again-why not?

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:26 am

Donald, Thanks for your support. The DHB is working hard to put on a race worthy of such a status and with Dave G not being able to put on the MSS race we are filling that void. Dave G is a Charter member of the DHB and is going to be our primary time keeper this weekend at our race. Dave G has already attended 4 other DHB functions this year alone.

Thanks for your support. The DHB supports you.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:27 am

Donald,

What is the defination of the size of a race ?

What was different between the spectators in Antibes, Stockholm and Grueningen.

If you are speaking about a remote place on the map than you are a bit wrong ! you will be faster from Grueningen to the Materhorn, than from the Airport in Paris to the trocadero.
Zurich is 15 Minutes away...

unspectacular-track:
Ask Luca which was the most challenged course in 2005 !

I don't know what you understand under growing the sport.
Is it a growing if we have Carhartt or any Skate Lab which sponsored 10'000 Eur for one contest ?
Why is carharrt sponsoring the Streetskate Tour ?
Because there is a big market for them to sell their stuff ! It's all about promoting their stuff. And in the Streetskating are a lot of people who buy this stuff!
Why aren't they sponsoring us ? because we are only 800 people world wide ! What do you think how much Olson and Hackett would cost to have them only for the pool race ?

Look on the numbers of rider's from the last 3 year's at the contest's.
Ask Maurus, ask Chris, ask Olson about Grueningen

The status will nothing change in Grueningen. We make a slalom competition, we are the main envent, not only a side event, we are only concentrating on Slalom.

But think about the rider's in Switzerland ?
Perhaps they want to have a Main Status in their country ?
They are the most representatives at every Contest here in Europe.

I will be happy with a basic Status ! Look at the Zurich race which rider's were there for a basic race.

By the way: Did the F1 change they rule during the season ? A change is a good thing, but for the fairness it can only change in the end of the year.
democracy ?

I hope there will be some rules when we debatt about the Statuses for 2007, this is of course bad, how it was done this year.

Don, If you want to make it Professional, than first our bodys has to look like this. Than you will be intresting for the sponsors...

esthetic, isn't it ? Do you see the muscels ?

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:39 am

Jadranko Radovanovic wrote:If you are speaking about a remote place on the map than you are a bit wrong ! you will be faster from Grueningen to the Materhorn, than from the Airport in Paris to the trocadero.
Zurich is 15 Minutes away...
Maybe you wanted to go by car or something, but the Trocadero is a few minutes away from any airport by the subway, of course if you take a cab during rush hours, that's another problem...

Concerning the man with muscles: This man got used to see his self esteem and feelings, his physical shape and recuperation, general health and all biological functions and rythms, all regulated by injections. Whatever is exactly injected nor he nor us will ever know, but he will have serious trouble changing this habit after the end of his very short career, and he will also face all kinds of health difficulties caused by side effects, particularly depression, ruined kidneys and cancers.

Slalom is not in the general bio-human-experimental athletic circuit... i personally find it particularly remarkable that it is not possible to decide wether if the body of Luca is in itself more powerful than the body of Richie, Jani, Chris Hart or Kenny, sometimes it makes me wonder if what we do is actually a sport... and i wish as strong as i can that it will go on like this as long as i have anything to do with it.

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:01 am

Claude,
Alfie scored 6 (4+2 ass) point last night.

Proposal 3
Paris 25-28 may
Gruningen 9-11 june
Riga E.C 1-2 july
Antibes W.C september

We get a well spread out season whith a great final of the year in Antibes.

Proposal 4
Paris
Hannover
Gruningen
Riga
Brixlegg
Antibes

ALL MAIN

I think however the status should be MAIN for all competitions with more then 16 of the top 32 in the world rankings from 2005. I don´t expect anyone to go my way but I think the system need to be more flexible.

Keep promoting your gig.
PK

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:06 am

ohohoh
hey j-rad nothing wrong with sharing one's thoughts on the internet.
i gave my take on the situation-nothing else,so cool your jets.
besides that your pro course has been done by ramon-he did an excellent job by the way.

you won't change the fact that grüningen is a bit off the map.
in return you will say-of course-that brixlegg is remote,yes,right,but it does have its attractions,plus a good functioning infrastructure which is non-existent in grüningen.
i can't see the point of your super-athletic dudes here in this discussion,etienne.i think that's not the major focus of my thoughts previously posted.

please refrain to the main points of discussion.
at the moment we are trying to find a solution for existing problems and this discussion is no platform for anything else,just accept it and try to give postive input.

marion has worked his ass off to make his downhillbillie event happen,he has a problem which needs to be solved.
maybe corky can use some of my input on the problem which was my main foucs on this post.

FSU
DON

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:51 am

besides that your pro course has been done by ramon-he did an excellent job by the way.
Yes, the Gruningen competiton grow with a lot of inputs from many diffrent people.
Ramon makes the best courses, that's why he is setting it in Grueningen.

Grueningen is in the aglomeration of Zurich.
7 minutes to the lake of Zurich
14 minutes to the old town in Rapperswil (first heard in 8000 somthing)
15 minutes to Zurich
30 minutes to the airport.
40minutes and you can snowboard down the mountains

Every 15 Minutes you have a bus to all this places. Yes from Grueningen, the bus company is in Grueningen, the garage for the buses is there.

I' don't want to speak with you about this things, because you don't know what exist here and what not. If you want i can give you the adress of our local Tourismus agency where you can have more infos than i can give.

The Fact is:

- last year 92 rider's
- all the top rider's from Europe
- in the middle of Europe
- the swiss scene is behind the World Cup
- the swiss scene want to have a Main in their country

Btw Donald.
The competition in Grueningen isn't my competition. I'm only 1/15 of the organisation who organise this competition.

The point of the athletic discussion is, if you want to make it professional, you need racer's who are athletic, not in the way the sprinter is. No one will be interessted to see some big guy's on a skateboard.

/J-Rad

Sven Lippert

Post by Sven Lippert » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:01 pm

i`m follwing these discussions about the worlds and all this organization crap since a few weeks but now it turns into a strange direction "nobody is interested in seeing big guys on boards" ... is my image right for your fashion parade ??? ... no big guys allowed ... richy stay home ... oh my god ... only testosterone approved 100 % sporting guys please ... no more smoking and no more beer ... shit happens mates

sport sport sport ... here we go

thats maybe slalomskateboarding i don`t know

SOME THOUGHTS OF A SHABBY AM SOMEWHERE AROUND 250 IN THE RANKING

[/quote]

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:48 pm

It must be strange, when you didn't read the whole sentence.

there is a very important word there "if"

before you interprate something, please read the sentence a second time.