Slalom Skateboarding in France

Moderator: Guillaume Saint-Criq

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

[2003] Parisian Wednesday slalom rendez-vous

Post by Etienne de Bary » Sun Feb 02, 2003 12:19 pm

Hi,

Let me introduce the parisian slalom rendez-vous: every Wednesday night with dry ground, slalomers meet after 9PM by the gates of the Charlety stadium. Precisely at the top of Bd Kellerman, RER "Cité Universitaire", PC bus "Porte de Gentilly"

Rendez-Vous Charlety is the proud owner of a GS Turner demonstration skate with Seismic trucks and Cambrias.

The rendez-vous enjoys active personal support from Jani Soderhall (cones,...) and support from a soon to start parisian slalom webshop who offered the Turner.

Program is: riding cones, both GS and TS parallels, boards tryings, some fanzine distributions, ...

more infos maps & images :

http://www.riderz.net/viewtopic.php?t=2648

there is no signature at the moment

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:33 pm

This session is getting more and more popular now that the weather is improving (but slowly). It was difficult to skate with temperatures around freezing.

There's a good bunch of skaters in the 20's attending every Wednesday.

I'd better pack my bag and get going for tonight session!

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:25 pm

now we have moved the rendez-vous from wednesday to thursday.
(There is twice as many participants when i promise Jani is coming)

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Sat May 17, 2003 5:55 pm

I am scheduled to arrive in Paris on Wednesday afternoon. Should I decide to fly direct to Paris

I would like to try and do a session. Also does anyone know of anyone I can split a hotel room with on Wednesday and Thursday night- after that I'm all set accommodations wise? I have to decide whether to stay in Paris or Iceland.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:11 pm

news from the rendez-vous:
We do not meet in Charlety any longer, the place has turned into some kind of parking while there is lots of transformations in the neighbourhood, until they work it back, we meet Avenue d'Italie by the Italie2 commercial mall exits, an excellent spot actually, or boulevard Diderot, close to Gare de Lyon train station, where we have regular cyberslalom sessions.
Though some sessions were cancelled because of rain or snow the sessions are still going on during winter !