FORMAL PRESS RELEASE

Radikal Skateboard Trucks

Moderators: Keith Hollien, Mark McCree

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Nov 26, 2002 7:41 pm

FORMAL PRESS RELEASE

The third generation RADIKAL truck was formally christened in Port Orange Fla. on virgin asphalt with a 9% grade through a 70 cone course. (They were raced in Jackson Miss. prior to, by myself). Kieth Hollien made it official that the new generation truck now known as RADIKAL II TITANIUMS are the lightest, fastest, most responsive Radikal truck to date. (total weight 288 grams- TURNER and PVD's are 368 grams). Totally computer milled out of 60-61-T6 aircraft billet aluminum and 6AL-4V billet titanium, all steel parts ie. axles, king-pins are titanium. Base plates and hangers are aluminum. Nuts are stainless steel.

Incorporated into the hanger is a patent pending application of a stainless steel, teflon knuckle bearing. This allows movement only in the intended direction of the hanger. The urethane bushings DO NOT hold the hanger in place as in traditional truck design. The bushings only dampen the travel distance of the hanger. Also incorporated into the base plate is a mini stainless steel teflon knuckle bearing to support the pivot pin.

The design was intended to aid racers in their ability to adjust the truck in a conventional way without disassembly or the need for 5 different tools and 15 minutes.

The truck height was lowered 3/8" from the second generation Radikal dsx height. (The only real complaint about the second generation trucks)

In keeping with the adage that "something designed to go one way does not work in reverse", there is a completely different rear design: The rear is a 35 deg. hanger to base plate design (front is 45 deg.). The rear also has trailing arms (off sets) to the REAR like they should be and are ADJUSTABLE. Thats right, the rear trucks have adjustable off-sets that face in the correct direction allowing the height to be customized.(and the off-sets are made from titanium with titanium axles)

Now if all this was not enough, both trucks come with 3, yes three sets of screw in titanium 8mm axles with titamium bearing seats (no more speed washers) that allow the front truck to be 3-1/2", 4" or 4-1/2" in width. The rear trucks can be either 4",4-1/2" or 5" respecively. When you purchase the trucks you are buying 3 different width options for any racing condition.

After 25 years of truck design and application, with the aid of new millennium technology, I can say that there is a new benchmark in racing trucks that addresses not only weight as a concern, but the issue of front and rear dedicated design. Along with this, the traditional role of the hanger bushings from stableizer to travel dampener has been forever changed.

As I have said before, the main thrust of my energies is in the creation of racing venues. I don't care what you ride - if there are no races what difference does it make.

In keeping with that theme I am announcing that a percentage, yet to be determined, of every truck sale will be directly funneled into tne racing venues active at that time. I challenge all slalom product manufacturers to follow my lead. Without little league, minor league, major league and the world series, no one can expect to sell baseballs and bats!

The retail price per truck will be $175.00.
First run production models to selective predetermined individuals are set to be issued within 4 weeks.

Retail access to the product should be Jan 1, 2003

ed note: I "found" this press release. Mark is a registered user at http://www.slalomskateboarder.com and I am sure will be happy to answer questions about the Radikal design. I do not have any images to display, if any of you would like to send them to me, I will include them in this post. I have talked with Mark at the Morro Race and have seen a couple of versions of this truck.

Mark McCree
Radikal Trucks
Radikal Trucks

Post by Mark McCree » Fri May 16, 2003 2:39 am

Dateline 5/15/03

The Radikal II Titanium trucks are now under production.

The wait is over!!

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri May 16, 2003 6:04 am

I want to know why a truck offset to the back of the board is better than the traditional offset design. It’s been proven to work, but I didn’t get a chance to actually try them which I admit is to my loss. So I’d like to know the answer.

Mark McCree
Radikal Trucks
Radikal Trucks

Post by Mark McCree » Fri May 16, 2003 6:40 am

Ok here goes, Everyone knows how the rear of a volkswagon works. There is a trailing arm that faces to the rear. This trailing arm has torsional movement that is the ride suspension for the car. IT FACES TO THE REAR FOR A REASON.

The rear facing is down stream from the energy path from the road to the board. If the off-set faces in the direction of the travel/energy path, it has a jambing affect to the assemble. It is easier to drag a shovel than push one. Can you immagine pushing a trailer in front of your car rather than pulling it.

The only reason offset-traditional trucks work is because the off-set is correcting a design relationship that is originally incorrect for racing.

I do not have an "offset". I have an adjustable trailing arm. It only works where it was designed to work-on the rear.

How was that