Radikal wierd science laboratories

Radikal Skateboard Trucks

Moderators: Keith Hollien, Mark McCree

Brady Mitchell

Post by Brady Mitchell » Thu Sep 11, 2003 4:26 am

I had the chance to tour Mike`s (Sparky) shop today. It was cool to see how the trucks are milled down.

It was planned that I picked up my set of Radikals around noonish. But after speaking with Sparky this morning, I learned that some of the parts might not be ready. I arrived at 12:15 and sure enough, the baseplates weren`t back from the polisher (they are hand polished individually). Mike said they were on the way so I waited...

and waited....

and WAITED.........

AND WAITED.................

But Mke kept me entertained as he was assembling the trucks. Pressing in the bearings, locktighting the new kingpin reinforcement end. Minor tweeks on the polishing with a final bake in a yard sale toaster oven. Axles were lubed and installed, Stimulators were reshaped, and sway arms were attached to the rear truck hanger,

So I cancelled my 1:00 appointment,
then the 2:00, and just plain blew off my 3:00. I did make it to my 4:00 though )no brainer as it was new buisness and paid half of the trucks..lol)

Sparky`s comment..."nice to see you`ve got your priorities straight...)

Somehow I think Mike enjoyed showing off all the toys in his shop. There`s nothing like watching a baseplate get scroll cut and bored with two differant size bits in about a minute. That other milling machine that does nine differant functions at once is bigger than all my garage.

And you gotta see what he does with surgical steel. Some of those things will make the roughest of girls blush.

Anyhoos, I`m awaiting my PlankkR to mount these sweet glowing peices of metal on to. Might even get Sparky to mill down some No Skools 65mm for this schtik. Reports soon.

Hey Vlad, what`s the mailing address for my deck?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brady Mitchell on 2003-09-10 22:31 ]</font>