Post by Laura Bissell » Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:50 pm

this may not be the best place.
i wanna go fast

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:00 pm

what size melon you got there, Pumpkin?
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell

Post by Laura Bissell » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:26 pm

How do I measure this? are we talking circumference or a generalization? I've only been looking online at bike helmets and as soon as I saw some of the prices (and thought about the weight of those helmets) I decided to ask on here.

I guess I just figured it was a one-size fits all kinda deal.

I know I'm super S-M-R-T but my cranium isn't abnormally large... I'll get back to you on this.
i wanna go fast

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:07 am

Helmets are usually measured S, M, L, XL because the size can be adjusted with padding.

BUT,

If you really want to know your hat size, it's simple: get a measuring tape and wrap it around your head just above the ears. (If you don't have a measuring tape, use a piece of string. Mark the point where the string touches itself and then measure the length with a ruler.)

Take the measurement and divide by 3.14. (pi) VOILA! Your hat size. Round UP to the nearest 1/2. If the measurement is 22.5, that's 7.16, so a 7.5 hat sizes might be the most comfortable. Sometimes there are specialty hat makers who size in 1/4 increments.

Most adults have a head size anywhere from 22-24 inches. Hat sizes range from 6.5 to up as large an 8. Sometimes hats are available as small as a 6 or 5.5 and can go up to 8.5 or 9.

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Easier way

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:10 am

Just go to a shop that sells fitted baseball caps. Try a few on until you find one that's comfy and look at the tag. Instant head size!!! I got mine from SixSixone.com. Great folks and the helmet is DOT approved, etc. All of thier stuff is for hardcore dirt biking and mountain bikers.

I rapped my pumpkin pretty good at Hood and didn't feel a thing (insert joke here.) Seriously though, they make some good stuff and if there is one thing you don't want to buy a cheap one of it's a helmet. After all it is your brain your protecting and unlike skin it doesn't grow back. If you fret about the cash, just think about drinking out of a straw wearing a diaper for the rest of your days. Not pretty.
La Costa Boy For Life

Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell

Post by Laura Bissell » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:02 pm

I could totally rock the diapers.

Thanks. I'm pretty talented at my falls, I feel as if I fall safely and controlled...

But I literally have nightmares at night about... WHOOSHING down a ramp, squervin' round a cone, WHEEL BITE HARD and then... CRUNCHING MY TEETH ON PAVEMENT before I can get my arms in front of me.

My jaw hurts just thinking about it.
i wanna go fast