Foot Stops

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Glenn Chapman

Foot Stops

Post by Glenn Chapman » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:57 pm

I will have some foot stops available for purchase at The Farm. They are made out of aluminum and can be set up either regular or goofy. The curved piece can be mounted in 1 of 10 possible location to fine tune the fit and stance. I have made a few other designs but these fit nicely to your shoe and help set the angle of your front foot. If you buy them at the Farm you will save shipping and handling. $20 US

Tony Peters

Post by Tony Peters » Sun Aug 05, 2007 1:09 am

very nice, interesting design, how strong is the L bracket?
turns are fun....

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:39 am

count me in for at least one
No vestido para mi

Pelle Gustafsson
Pelle
Pelle

stop

Post by Pelle Gustafsson » Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:26 am

look´s nice to me..... how much whith shipping to SWEDEN?? Thanx pelleplast

Eric Brammer

Toestop

Post by Eric Brammer » Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:48 pm

Tony, the 'L' is pretty darn stiff. It's got a long slot in it, which is for exact placement fore-aft. Bigger riders might want to get the placement figured, and then add a t-nut to keep it from shifting around. I pushed Adam's around first time out, but added a thin piece of sticky-backed rubber under it, and it not moving now (but I only weigh in at 170 or so). :-)

The curvature of the toestop might not work with size 11 +Up shoes, but may be bent to straighter arc using a vise, maybe a bit of heat... It fits really well with size 9's, totally holds the shoe without curling the toes any. My only 'real' concern is sharp metal edges, so, just don't Fall on it! ;-)

This is a really nice, light, easy to set-up Toeblock, one of the best feeling/working units I've seen.
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"

Glenn Chapman

Post by Glenn Chapman » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Eric, thanks for the review of the foot stop. The parts are made out of 1/8" 5052 Aluminum. I would recomend that after you get the position worked out, that you use some thread lock on the two 6-32 screws that hold the pieces together. You need to crank down on the truck bolt to stop rotation or do as Eric recomends. For now I am planing on selling the next batch at the Farm. If there are pieces left over after the race, I will look into sending them out. Thanks for looking.

justin collins

toestop

Post by justin collins » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:38 pm

count me in for 2 or 3!
thanks!!
ride with the kings
http://www.sk8kings.com/

Zack Levitt

Post by Zack Levitt » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:55 pm

I am good for a couple at the farm