Hobie Flex Slalom (cutaway) Wanted

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Hobie Flex Slalom (cutaway) Wanted

Post by Stephen Lavin » Sun Mar 19, 2006 5:57 am

I have not skated for over 12 years but am ready to get back in the game. My kids are now 15 and 13 and they use my old boards for fun. They managed to lose my vintage Hobie flex with Powell/Perelta's (given to me by Stacy Peralta in '79 or 80 - I think) cutaway that lead me to many amatuer wins in NYC.

The Quicksilver and G&S just don't cut it. I want a Hobie. You slalom skaters know which one it is. Anyone got one they will part with? Thanks much,

Stephen
LAVIN

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Nice Vintage Hobie Flex Found

Post by Stephen Lavin » Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:19 am

You guys may not care ('cause I'm totally TS and old school) but I found a mint replacement Hobie setup in Colorado. It's been in a warehouse for years, small pivot full tracks and original Hobie wheels. Looks like it had been used for maybe a few weekends years ago, was sealed in a plastic bag, and I swear I could smell the ocean when I popped it open (must be salt water in the bearings!). Anyway, my 15 year-old wanted to ride it and I said...."no". Actually I said "no F#@!&ing way". I can die happy now - first I need to chuck the wheels, buy some midtracks, and get back to some game. Let's go Chicago... I'll die later.
LAVIN

Tod Oles
Lone Stranger Racing
Lone Stranger Racing

Post by Tod Oles » Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:35 am

Stephen,

Nice find!! I was a Logan Earth Ski rider myself...anyways checkout the link in my signature
for the scoop on Chitown slalom. We're all about TS, GS and BS ;-)

There will be a race in or near Chicago this year sometime...

PM me if you need more info or contacts.

Later, Tod

Jay Vaughan

Re: Hobie Flex Slalom (cutaway) Wanted

Post by Jay Vaughan » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:24 pm

I registered just for this topic. I, also, want my old Hobie-Flex, cutaway. If anyone has one they can part with, let me know.

I nearly killed myself on mine in the 80's and I wanna have another go around before I get too old and grungy. Just loved that thing.

Also, alternative moderns in the meantime: Anyone got suggestions?