attila aszodi G&S deck or Response Pro stiff and/or Cone

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

attila aszodi G&S deck or Response Pro stiff and/or Cone

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:55 am

I started doing slalom on a Response pro that was kind of flexy for me (or was i gaining weight?) so i was wondering if someone hasan extra Atila Aszodi model or the 4 ply response for sale.

For cones i checked the seismic store but 35$ for shipping was way too much for me. so any other ideas on where to get cones?

Leo
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Cone woes

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:28 pm

Hey Leonardo,

I looked at cone options too. Yeah, the 3dm cones are great but the ship is a killer. Iacovelli turned me on to a low cost idea that has worked so well for me. I trotted to Sam's Club and picked up a 300 bag of those heavy duty 20oz party cups. Take five of those babies in a stack and wrap a piece of good fiber duct tape down the side and wrap up the bottom and inside the bottom cup.

Viola, a cone that has withstood 20 good practice sessions for me and they hold pretty well in wind AND the most important thing, they pop right out of the way when you plunk one. My total outlay for 60 cones was 8 bucks.

Sweet!
La Costa Boy For Life

John Dillon

Maybe...

Post by John Dillon » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:53 pm

some of the COSS guys can bring some in their luggage when they come to Da Farm Race, Leo?

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:18 pm

Just for the record, here's the deal with shipping cones:

The Yahoo Shopping Site does something weird calculating the freight costs. According to Dan, if you order 50 cones, it's ok. But double it to 100 and Yahoo doubles the freight costs.

If you contact Dan directly, he'll quote you a more accurate price. I do know 100 cones plus a cardboard box and some plastic weighs 30 pounds. UPS ground across country from California to South Carolina was something like $23. Seismic still ships cones from California, NOT Colorado.

Again, contact Dan and he'll give you a more accurate price for shipping.

Eric Brammer

Where to get Cones, before Turner/3DM

Post by Eric Brammer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:42 am

I swiped this off of an old post of mine on NCDSA. Funny stuff from then as folk were still debating what a Slalom Marker might be!? A Cone, Doh! ;-)

JG,get off your butt,and check out 'First Plastics Corp.' in leominster,Mass. They may be of help.

These guys had orange plastic cones which I could get at around $0.33 apiece a few years ago. They came with the extra tabs at the base (easily trimmed off) and are a bit stiffer in texture than the current Slalom standard. Shape and size are quite close to 3DM's cones, though these will not resist wind as well. I bought them small bulk, batches of 100 or less. I think the price might be Less if a bigger order were placed? I never had the $$ to try for a 'big' order.
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"