Exkate X-24 Powerboard. like new

Post by Andrew Eure » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:02 pm

Andrew Eure

Post by Andrew Eure » Tue Apr 05, 2005 5:49 am

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:21 am

How much for the Exkate. I have two and LOVE them. I ride mine almost everyday for at least 5-10. More fun than most anything. Like the hill that never ends. An endless wave. No ice/chairlifts. Just pure surflike fun.

How much?

Andrew Eure

Post by Andrew Eure » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:44 am

Sorry I didnt check this earlier. Its @ $700 and auction closing soon.

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Mon Apr 11, 2005 6:05 pm

Its totally worth it. I let my bro and his kid take both of mine out for a spin. they could only ride for 20 minutes. When they came back the batteries were still fresh.
I let this kid who loves to snowboard ride mine and he said "this is so much more fun than snowboarding" which I also believe. The endless wave or hill. I have two boards and three batteries. Thats 45 miles of riding and when you get home the first battery is re-charged!!!

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:11 am

Kenny,
Coming from such a good skateboarder as yourself I take what you say as a very good recommendation for a fun carving toy.

How is the durability of these? Do they hold up well, have you had any breakdowns? And would it be easy to get parts for them if you needed any?

http://www.exkate.com

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:04 am

Just got back from a 1 hour sesh on the Exkate. I took these kids on rides, then tuned it down to the 3 mph setting and let them ride. They were 5 and 7 years old and had the biggest smiles.

I said "isn't this the coolest toy you have ever seen". The 7 year old boy said "Kenny, thats not a toy-its a machine".

I just puts the biggest smile on your face. Fast, slow, turning or tucking. The only thing better is a good powder day, or the Indian school ditch. I did about 12 miles tonight. Its good training for slalom and your calves are tight after an hour of curb-to-curb GS turns.

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Post by Kenny Mollica » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:14 am

Oh yea. The Exkate is very durable. I dont push mine hard, meaning I stay off sidewalks with the big cracks. There are hardly any parts, and the guys at Exkate are super cool and from the Bay area. They have every part at their shop and will replace anything. It comes in a nice box for shipping to them.

I have broken one belt by going from full throttle to slamming on the brakes (pushing the trigger forward). It stretched the belt and I was going to send it back to the guys in S.F.

They told me is was super easy to replace and I was set on sending it back because I don't work on mechanical things. The guy, Jim, is super cool and he told me to get a screw driver. I fixed it in two minutes. Piece of cake.

I have two friends that have had them for over 4 years. They still run fine, but the batteries are not good. An extra battery was $150 when I bought mine. They say to change the battery every so often, but I know I have put more than 150 miles on mine and it still runs like the day I bought it.

Some people love to slide the Exkate. I have never done it. But I think they can take WAY more abuse then I give them. I really baby them and make everyone else. I cannot wait till the day we say "man we thought that Exkate was the bomb". You know something else is coming along that will be better. But for now its the most fun for the money. BTW, they don't give referral discounts, multiple board discounts or any discounts. The guy says every guy that buys one turns on at least two people. Wind and hills affect the speed. He mostly sells to Florida and the midwest.

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:05 pm

Kenny..bein' as you're not mechanical and all..Do you know the braking system?? Is it merely the motor applying drag?? I'm definetely interested in one after trying yours for a short jaunt in Fayetteville!! It'd be the ticket around here ,where the roads are too narrow to carve into oncoming traffic to break speed. I'd love to throw my paddle over my shoulder and cruise to work in the morn, w/o fear of foot dragging 1/4 mile before the rt19 intersection!! The brakes were my main concern!! Any adjustment needed over the 150 miles you've logged?? Foot daggin' gets scetchy barefoot after you wear the calous off!!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Dave Gale
Dave Gale
Dave Gale

Post by Dave Gale » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:09 pm

I was thouroughly impressed how you had to anticipate the very powerful deceleration under foot..especially considering the weight of the beast!!!
ENJOY!! (while you can)

Marie Maxime

Post by Marie Maxime » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:06 am

ahahahah !

an electric board !

that's so gay dude !

Frank Henn

Post by Frank Henn » Sun Apr 17, 2005 9:31 pm

Marie Maxime wrote:ahahahah !

an electric board !

that's so gay dude !
Crazy, some say that about slalom!

Andrew Eure

Post by Andrew Eure » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:21 am

Marie Maxime wrote:ahahahah !

an electric board !

that's so gay dude !
So your saying you definitely want one?

Marie Maxime

Post by Marie Maxime » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:59 pm

don't understand gay like an homosexual.

this is just that I don't understand how you can ride this board, this is ugly an unuseful ...

I can't say what I thinks of this board in english ...

Andrew Eure

Post by Andrew Eure » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:38 pm

where is fance?

Frank Henn

Post by Frank Henn » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:45 pm

Its very useful. Its the best way to get to the top of a hill. Great for beer runs at midnight.

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:06 pm

Marie Maxime wrote:don't understand gay like an homosexual.

this is just that I don't understand how you can ride this board, this is ugly an unuseful ...

Perhaps you shoudn't talk about what you don't know and what you can't express

If a World Class rider like Kenny talk about that board like that, I believe it really worth the try!

Just shut up, go and do your homework

Patrick Allan

Post by Patrick Allan » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:41 pm

Marie Maxime wrote:don't understand gay like an homosexual.

Alors ta gueule...

Marie Maxime

Post by Marie Maxime » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:00 pm

ralala si on peut meme plus etre chocking ....

m'en fou je metterai pas 700 USD dedans ...

Marie Maxime

Post by Marie Maxime » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:11 pm

Frank Henn wrote:Its very useful. Its the best way to get to the top of a hill. Great for beer runs at midnight.
OK ... no problem

It's just that before I don't anderstand the real utility of this kind of board.

Frank Henn

Post by Frank Henn » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:37 pm

Marie Maxime wrote: OK ... no problem

It's just that before I don't anderstand the real utility of this kind of board.
Its to skate and have fun on. Kinda like every other skateboard made.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:43 pm

besides....

It's faster than a Renault

easier to service too

Eric Brammer

Exate electric

Post by Eric Brammer » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:36 am

I too, had my doubts about this board, as it's big, HEAVY,and does take a bit of getting used to. However, as a Commuter on bikepaths I can't think of a more entertaining means of transport. In town, the weight and relative lack of manuverability would be drawbacks, but wise choices in routes would make it useful, especially at night. There's little noise, and the excelleration is rather convincing.:-D
What I really want, is that motor/battery pack on my Streetluge! Then I could cruise for miles and miles in a comfy lounging position. Coasting along downhill, and just use the motor to scoot me up the next rise. Of course, I'd likely end up with a major traffic violation ticket, or find myself wedged under a logging truck... ;-)
"Surfin' these Old Hills since back in The Day"