SOLD: Roe Unlimited Widetail 3/4" camber, foam core

Slalom Skateboarding Equipment
Glenn S

SOLD: Roe Unlimited Widetail 3/4" camber, foam core

Post by Glenn S » Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:47 pm

THIS DECK HAS BEEN SOLD
Roe Unlimited Widetail 3/4" flex version: $120 plus shipping.

This was my second Roe deck that I got from Gareth because the first was as stiff as a log that I had to return to him. Brian Parsons ended up with that Bottle Rocket.

But I feel that this deck, not even near as stiff as the first one, is also too stiff for my 165+lbs. If it was the right flex for my weight I would love to keep this deck, but it is not. I feel that it is a deck that someone 200lbs+ should get.

It was ridden over a 3 month period, but not too much because I knew it was too stiff, I had a Fibreflex that I was also riding mostly at the time, and I got an ICK right after I got this one This Roe has been retired since I got the ICKs.

This Roe has a nose ding from a very slow and direct curb hit on my street. It is dented on the nose about 1/4" only. Very minor.

There are also some very light scrathes on the bottom carbon from my knee or elbow pads laying on it during a drive home from an sss practice session at The Path. About a 30 minute drive but it got these hairline scratches that just really show way more than they should on the black carbon. The Grip Tape has also been removed.

If you can get past the minor cosmetic imperfections this deck would be perfect for a heavier rider seeking a high performance 3/4" camber foam core deck that structurally in great shape. It could also be drilled out or in a bit more in the nose and tail to increase or decrease flex. But in my comparing it to decks that Richy Carrasco rides and he weights 230+, this is a stiff deck and comparable to his, and either way if you drilled it more it is still for a heavier rider.[/img]
Last edited by Glenn S on Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:05 am, edited 12 times in total.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:15 pm

Glenn,

Thanks for the response.

adam

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2003-07-21 13:32 ]</font>

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:01 pm

Adam,
Sorry, I am not interested in a trade. I want the cash.

But for those that might be interested in buying it. Let me just say that the scratches and the nose are really minor. The scratches are not deep just enough to make a visible difference. I just felt that they needed to be mentioned being sold as used. This deck is in Great condition otherwise and I feel is priced right. I only used it for practice for about 3 months and then I started riding a new ICK that had perfect flex for me. This Roe is just too stiff for my 165lbs. I was able to get the right flex out of it with adjusting the PVDs way out (click here to see what I mean) on both the tail and nose, but then there was too little tail space, and too long a wheelbase for my tastes, I like having my back foot over the wheels more. My feeling is that someone around 200lbs+ minimum ought to buy this deck.

Last edited by Glenn S on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:32 am

Glenn,

I am very interested. I am about 230 lbs. do you think it will work?

Brian

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:01 am

Brian,
I do feel that this deck would work for you at this wheelbase and your weight.

It is hard for me to say exactly how it will flex. And I'm sure everyone has their own feeling about the proper flex. I do know from being able to attend practices with Richy Carrasco who weighs 230+, that this deck is a tad stiffer than his decks at this wheelbase. So I don't think that it will have too much flex.

For me I would want a deck to almost flex to flat when just standing on it. And then flex to beyond flat just a bit when pumping. At 160-165lbs at this wheelbase(thinking conventional trucks) this 3/4" camber deck flexes only about 1/8" when just standing on it and when pumping flexes to about 1/2" of going flat. I was able to reach the proper flex for my tastes however by adjusting out the PVDs I eventually had on it(my guess is that this flex would have been comparable to a 23" inner to inner wheelbase). But what I felt was the proper flex left little room for my foot on the tail. I like having my back foot over the back truck and having a little deck behind my foot too. I could have drilled the front out a bit and that would have let me not need the back trucks so far back, but I did not. Hope that helps.
Last edited by Glenn S on Wed Dec 17, 2003 6:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:29 am

Brian, I stepped on this deck and I think it would be a good one for you. Especially since its the higher camber and I know you like camber. Buy IT. TK