[2010] Texas Sizzler, March 27-28

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Thiago Gardenal

TEXAS CHAMPIONSHIP

Post by Thiago Gardenal » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Hello friends,

Unhappy I dont go to TEXAS, but I remain very volition. Nice Champ and confraternization for you.

Cheers,
Thiago

Jason Bortolussi

Post by Jason Bortolussi » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:51 am

Location for Sundays Racing

Sunday Austin Texas HS/TS
Parking will be where conner dead ends \Racing will be on sheldon cove

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:27 am

Some unofficial results I got from a couple of sources:

Yesterday's GS
1- Joe McLaren
2- Jason Mitchell
3- Louis Ricard :D
4- Richy Carrasco

Masters:
1. Gary Fluitt
2. Dave Pirnack
3. Keith Hollein
4. Marty Schaub

Louis may have got a 4th in the DH which should make him the winner of the King of the Hill title (GS/DH combined). :D

Today's Hybrid
1- Joe McLaren
2- Louis Ricard :D
3- George Pappas

Miguel Marco

Post by Miguel Marco » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:07 am

More unofficial results!

Hybrid Women
1- Lynn Kramer
2- Julie Boulanger :D
3- Cat Young (I think...)

Hybrid B Group
2- Joe Iacovelli :D

That's all I got. Looks like Team Fullbag ain't doing too bad... :D

John Janik

Texas sizzler pics

Post by John Janik » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:18 am

Sunday Hybrid slalom pics
http://pbckt.com/sL.drIz

Chris Doan

Post by Chris Doan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:51 am

justin collins

bummed

Post by justin collins » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:09 am

completely bummed i missed texas!!! however, i shall be at turri because i just started a 16 week course as to become a lineman or high voltage power electrician.i trained hard but couldn't make it. congrats to everyone that raced especially my team mates!! Gunna put my head down for the next few weeks and take care of business. see you all soon and i can't wait for slalom to pick up!!!!
Justin
ride with the kings
http://www.sk8kings.com/

Sebastien Leger
Seb
Seb

Re: bummed

Post by Sebastien Leger » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:13 pm

justin collins wrote:completely bummed i missed texas!!!
Hey Justin!! Your still alive! I tought you quit after the worlds in HoodRiver. Hope everything is going, can't wait to see you again at races!

S.
The waves of life makes us stronger!

Jason Bortolussi

Post by Jason Bortolussi » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:26 pm

Here is a little bit of video I shot of the GS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9xzpkcIPgo

The vid of the Hybrid is on my Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?v=a ... 7059773920

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:36 pm

WOW. FIRST OFF FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART THANK YOU TOO ALL OF THE SLALOM SKATERS AND DOWHILL SKATERS FOR COMING TO THE 2010 TEXAS SIZZER. RESPECT GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU. Imagine if I would have not met O G Texas Outlaw Marcos Soulsby Monroy. The whole slalom gig would not be happening in Texas. Thank You Marcos. The Texas Outlaws would not exist if not for you. Thank you for letting us into your world of slalom many years back. Damm you got old bro. First off we had some bad news coming in to the contest I found out my Team Mate, friend, brother and Race Organizer Jourdan Adler Grand Mother had passed away. And he had to leave town immediatly. We all send our condolences to him and his family in this time of grief. Jourdan hear is hoping you can get through this tough time. You are a good man brother. Thank you from all of your Texas Outlaw Brother for your hard work. And God Bless you and your family. Thank you to the city of Austin Texas. We are trying to keep you as weird as possible. Thank to all of our sponsors, BigTime thanks to Dan Gesmer of Seismic. Love ya man. With out his help pushing our sport of Slalom. Who knows were we would be with out you. Fat Boy thank you for calling out the racers on to the starting ramps. To Pyramid Beer. Thank you for the Cold Gold. Most refreshing. Dan Barnett for designing the contest shirt. Mark Gumby Gosser for paying for half of the shirts. Big Ryan and the rest of the Texas Outlaws for setting up the courses. PMC for gathering the shwag. The Dallas Outlaws for bringing the B. A. R. And the rest of the Texas Outlaws for helping out during the contest. I will have PMC add the rest of the sponsor later, but thank you to all for caring. Still trying to unwind. To Gary Fluitt El Presidente for coming off the couch and smiling through the whole contest, time delays, helping out with the timing, calming the masses. You are Joe Cool bro. Wahoos Fish and Tacos for feeding us and letting us have our Award Ceremonies at your lovely restaurant. Vitamin Water most excellent. Day 1 proved was very interesting. Why? We got a very fast tailwind. Dan Gesmer commented " this just turned into a very fast race " And it did. Fat Boy and I literally hung on to the EZ UP. Lou the Carpenter and Texas Outlaw. Set up 9 ft B. A. R. Ramp. No complaints about the ramp. All was positive vibes. Thank you goes out to JBH for setting the GS Courses. Last year he had 800 ft of wire to run. This year for the course he ran 1300 ft of wire. Excellent course setting as allways bro. Slalom Racers were being clocked at 40 mph on the Big Hill. When we ran the B course. Joe I came up to me and imformed me that the B racers had decided to start from where the man hole cover was. My answer " Joe I ran the B course from the hump last year . Watch". I took off down the hill. Only to find my self wobbling at 30+ down at the bottom. I walked back up and told Joe I. " Starting from the manhole cover is just fine". The DownHill ran late, we normally run just a speed trap, time consumption got us this year. So Dave Bonelli and I asked the Police officer to please extend us 30 min more which he did. Big Time thank you goes out to Neil Orta for helping us out with the DH. I am allmost sure he had done this before. Neil you are an Awesome guy. The DownHill Bros Grant, Dixon and Tanner You are what DH is all about. Thank you for conducting yourselfs like the true Proffessionals that you are. Day 2 coming up. Forgive my grammar I can hardly stay awake.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:38 pm

Day 2. We were STOKED. When we got to the race site the course was allready set by Karl Floitgraph and the Multiple World Champion Henry Hester. It was an awesome course. We finished setting the course, chalking. Big Ryan and I tested the New Track Mate Timing System 10 times at the top it worked. 10 tens from the top of the hill to the bottom using racers. And it worked flawlessly. Time to race and the system fails. Gary Fluit and Borto start working on it immediately, And Lynn Krammer and Husband Eric joined in as well. They all tell me to chill and not to worry the timing system will work. And after a 5 hour time delay. Gary tells me we are ready to race. By now it is hot and Dan has the racers movng full bore. Fat Boy is once again getting the racers on the start block. We did top 32 and kept moving. Got through the Hybrid Slalom and of to the Tight Slalom. By this time we are running A and B Tight Slalom. It is getting dark and I am ready to call the Tight Slalom. Gary imforms me that everything is fine and the lights just came on. I am baffled. The street lights have indeed turned on. I smiled and got back in line. We fininished up and headed to Wahoos. Gary and I sat and talked. He said we had some curve balls thrown at us and we pulled it off. He was smiling from ear to ear. And that is so cool. My Track Mate will be heading to Canada soon. All things new or old breakdown and I understand that. To all the slalom skaters. Dan Barnett for designing the contest shirt. Thank You Again. Marion Karr said he would send us a prayer for good luck. THANK YOU Marion. It worked. To our Honorary Texas Outlaws Bob Loftin and Mike Moore thank you for giving the Texas Outlaws life. bonelessone.com, Northern California Downhill Skateboarding Association • Index page, Silverfish Longboarding - The Longboard Skateboard Community - Front Page, Slalom! Slalomskateboarder.com. Slalom legends LCB Henry Hester who is also a Texas Outlaws, LCB Marty Schaub, LCB Chris Yandall. To all the Ladies who came out to race. As I said before PMC will thank all of the schwag sponsors tonite. I need sleep. BombSquad thank you for your kind words. You guys carry yourselves very professionally. That is O G. Makes me feel good inside to see that. To all of the racers that came down to race thank you again. It is you guys that make the race fun. Seismic Dan gracias as allways. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:48 pm

THANK YOU GOES OUT TO ALL OUR SPONSORS FOR MAKING THIS YEAR TEXAS SIZZLER A SPECIAL ONE

Rayne Longboards
Gravity Skateboards
Honey Skateboards
Longboard Larry
Randal Trucks
Revenge Trucks
Pleasure Tool Bearings
Preassure Drop Longboards
Vitamin Water
Pyramid Beer
Kind Energy Bars
Daddies Longboards
Sundae Skates
Texas Longboards
Seismic Wheels
Full Bag Skateboards
Khiro Bushings
Propaganda Skate Shop
Skate Kings
Radikal Trucks
Surf Rodz
Wahoo's Fish Tacos
Sector Nine
Oust Bearings
Fatboy Longboards
Loaded wheels
SoCal Skate Shop
Cindrich Skateboards
Bulldog Skates

And A big thank you to all the racers for attending our event
Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Greg Stubbs

Post by Greg Stubbs » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:23 pm

I don't know if anyone in Austin made mention of the fact but maybe the Sizzler set some kind of new record? By my calculation there were in attendance:

Richie Carrasco
Gary Fluitt
Henry Hester
Keith Hollien
Lynn Kramer
Joe McLaren
Jason Mitchell
George Pappas
Paul Price
Chris Yandall

That's a lot of world champions all in the same place.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:40 pm

Wesley Tucker wrote:I don't know if anyone in Austin made mention of the fact but maybe the Sizzler set some kind of new record? By my calculation there were in attendance:

Richie Carrasco
Gary Fluitt
Henry Hester
Keith Hollien
Lynn Kramer
Joe McLaren
Jason Mitchell
George Pappas
Paul Price
Chris Yandall

...and Pirnack ;-)

and Jackhammer if you count AM World Champs too, no?
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

- Jason Mitchell (Criddlezine Interview)

Stephen Lavin
Topsider
Topsider

Post by Stephen Lavin » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:39 pm

I have to say it was an honor to lose to Yandall - great guy. Chris you better be looking over your shoulder though...
LAVIN

Greg Stubbs

Post by Greg Stubbs » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:00 pm

Rick Floyd wrote:
Wesley Tucker wrote:I don't know if anyone in Austin made mention of the fact but maybe the Sizzler set some kind of new record? By my calculation there were in attendance:

Richie Carrasco
Gary Fluitt
Henry Hester
Keith Hollien
Lynn Kramer
Joe McLaren
Jason Mitchell
George Pappas
Paul Price
Chris Yandall

...and Pirnack ;-)

And Henry BAD H Hester.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Greg Stubbs wrote:
Rick Floyd wrote:

Richie Carrasco
Gary Fluitt
Henry Hester
Keith Hollien
Lynn Kramer
Joe McLaren
Jason Mitchell
George Pappas
Paul Price
Chris Yandall

...and Pirnack ;-)

And Henry BAD H Hester.
He's between Fluiit and Hollien.

It was H and cYa's attendance that got me thinking about it.

Greg Stubbs

Post by Greg Stubbs » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Wesley Tucker wrote:
Greg Stubbs wrote:
Rick Floyd wrote: ...and Pirnack ;-)

And Henry BAD H Hester.

Oops! My bad. It was great showing for all. Really, really cool having everyone there.

Marcos Soulsby-Monroy

Post by Marcos Soulsby-Monroy » Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:23 pm

Greg Stubbs wrote:
Wesley Tucker wrote:
Greg Stubbs wrote: And Henry BAD H Hester.

Oops! My bad. It was great showing for all. Really, really cool having everyone there.
John Stryker
As Luck would have it . . .

Neil Orta

Post by Neil Orta » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:12 pm

And of that list....
Richie Carrasco
Henry Hester
Keith Hollien
Lynn Kramer
Joe McLaren
Chris Yandall
Brad Jackman
John Stryker

AXE ARMY is VERY well represented!!!

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:15 pm

you crazy kids and your imaginary armies...
"All the money in the world can not buy sharing the excitement of life with other people. Nothing else matters."

Neil Orta

Post by Neil Orta » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:24 am

Rick Floyd wrote:you crazy kids and your imaginary armies...
Leave all others holding the BAG.....:)

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:40 am

Louis has it.

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:14 pm

And Loui claims it is full. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:48 pm

There's not much you can't do with a full bag and an axe. ;-)

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:54 pm

What about a bag full of Axes. Eh. Your Amigo Eddy TEXAS OUTLAWS. Did not think about that did you Harvey Borris.

Rick Floyd
Pink Floyd Skates
Pink Floyd Skates

Post by Rick Floyd » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:55 pm

Eddy Martinez wrote:What about a bag full of Axes. Eh. Your Amigo Eddy TEXAS OUTLAWS. Did not think about that did you Harvey Borris.
Tried it, got busted for trying it as a carry-on last flight, a Fullbag and an Axe can be tough to get past the TSA! ;-)

-HB

Keith Hollien

2010 Texas Sizzler

Post by Keith Hollien » Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:26 pm

I want to thank Jourdan Adler for all his hard work and everything he did for Michelle and myself. I hope the rest of the year goes MUCH better than it started. Jourdan, thank you for having Wahoo’s Fish Taco be our official meeting place, restaurant and sponsor. I also want to thank Eddie and Gumby for taking such good care of me. It was great to see all of the Texas Outlaws and everybody else. I know I am only an Honorary Texas Outlaw, but I want to thank all of the Outlaws for treating me like one of their own. Thank you, Texas Outlaws.

I want to thank Lou Statman for his KILLER 9ft start ramp. All I can say is we should use that ramp at EVERY slalom race(especially in dual). Michelle and I had a great time again this year as always, but I have to say that ramp was a blast.

I want to thank all of the sponsors for all of their support. I want to thank Dan Gesmer of Seismic Skate Systems for doing the timing and his support of slalom skateboarding. I want to thank Gary Fluitt of the ISSA for all of his help at the race and his support of slalom skateboarding. I also want to thank Joe I. and Jonathan Harms of the ISSA for their help at the race and what the ISSA does.

I want to congratulate my Radikal/SK8Kings teammate Joe McLaren on winning all 3
Races to start this season. I also want to thank Richy Carrasco for helping me set the Tight Slalom that I unfortunately did not get to skate. I want to say it was an honor to race with Henry Hester again. Thanks Henry and it was great to see you.

I want to let everybody know I have black & silver Talon hangers(spherical bearing or urethane insert) in stock. I will have Hollien Blue in the next week or so. Hangers are $60 each(+ship). I also have 35* & 45* base plates(bearing or insert) and 6-8mm(172mm-210mm) axle sizes & 3-10mm(184mm-210mm) axle sizes in stock. Orders and questions contact Keith@KeithHollien.com.

Keith – Teams Radikal, AXE ARMY & Oust.