I've Got Your Huckleberry

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Mike Gorman

Post by Mike Gorman » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:07 pm

This summer, outlaw super steep TIGHT racing. That's right, all you self-appointed martyrs of TS. I know all of us on the West Coast are fat beer drinking longboarders that only ride GS cuz we're too lazy to deal with the DISCIPLINE of tight. That's OK. That's why we'll get Floyd Reid to set the courses, cuz he's from London.

Bicknell Hill, Santa Monica California, come out and get spanked.

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:39 pm

Sounds great Mike. Did I also hear that it could be a good hot summer night spot that is lighted?

How steep are you talking about? How would you compare it to the WLAC TS hill? Runout?

Mike Gorman

Post by Mike Gorman » Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:05 am

Hey Glenn,
MUCH steeper. Great runout, you need to make a turn at the bottom of the hill, and then you've got acres of parking lot on either side. I was using a hundred yards or so of runout last night with no problem.

Mike Gorman

Post by Mike Gorman » Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:44 pm

Here's tight:
Bicknell Hill, Santa Monica California

28 cones on 6' centers in just over 6 seconds.

WLAC tight is about 12-15 seconds for 30 cones.

Fast enough for ya? A clean run is a rare and serious accomplishment. Even the world champ doesn't run this thing clean every time.

Forget the hybrid and GS boards, you will not stuff one of those thru this thing. Think 19" axle to axle wheelbase.