Henry J's Slalom Clinic

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Marc Dean

Post by Marc Dean » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:32 pm

Is anybody going up from the North Jersey area? I am looking to car pool. drop a line to sharcsplean@yahoo.com or call me at 917 544 9371. thanks!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:34 am

Directions are at http://www.deerfield.edu/directions.cfm

and if you think you're just going to some random highschool to skate- watch this video

http:www.deerfield.edu/deerield.ram

A few dedicated Deerfield students could add a lot to our scene.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Mon Apr 28, 2003 5:17 am

henry j's clinic rocked. We set a low difficulty level gs course for the newbies and allowed an unlimited push so you could enter at whatever speed you were comfortable with. Henry has a great set up there and a great supportive family as well. His mom and sis were major players in the event. The sponsors would have been pleased to see how well their prizes were recieved. Everyone who participated left happy and I believe we added a few new racers to the sport of slalom. Times ranged from the mid 13's (psr) to right around the 19 sec mark .
There were 3 devisions. Mens, boys and girls. The Mens were PSR 1st, Joe Iacovelli 2nd and Mr Friend 3rd. Joe I gets most improved along w/ Henry J. I can t remember the boys names but for the girls it was the Rad long board family sisters . A super day had by all. John Gilmour was in the house and spent the day coaching and running the times as did UR13. TK

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:06 pm

Henry J put on a hell of an event. I really built up alot of confidence to skate hills and to skate bigger courses. Thanks so much to TK, Gilmore, and UR13 for helping me and everybody out with their stance, pumping, ect. Hope to see you all at the Farm!

TheBrain

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Apr 29, 2003 1:48 am

Congrats to all it sounds like I missed a lot of fun and some bright new talent.

C-you in a few days at the Gathering.
Many Happy Pumps!

Mike Gorman

Post by Mike Gorman » Tue Apr 29, 2003 6:56 pm

Man, this event sounds like it was great.
How about posting some pictures? Didn't anybody take any?

Henry Julier
Ick Sticks
Ick Sticks

Post by Henry Julier » Tue Apr 29, 2003 7:03 pm

Mike-

I took a couple pictures with a disposable camera I had,but I was so busy that I didn't get any group photos. it's a mistake I won't make when I hold my next slalom event, whenever that will be.

I will use the camera up and get it developed asap.

Henry