Possible Pro/Am Contest in August 2003

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:20 pm

From Russ Howell:

Possible Pro/Am Contest in August 2003

The Idaho State County Fair will be held in the capitol city of Boise at the end of August this year. The County Fair Committee has requested a SkateBoard Show to span the full nine days of the Fair with at least three to four shows daily. After discussing several options with the committee, I realized that this Fair could finally introduce Idaho to the full spectrum of what skateboarding has to offer our community.

Today’s skateboard demonstrations are often narrow in scope and offer only what the promoters hope will reap the greatest rewards in terms of profit. I would like to see a much different presentation by offering a view of all the disciplines of skateboarding.

Vertical ramps and StreetStyle will certainly be a large part of each of the shows during the Fair, but the plan is to showcase much more. This is a great opportunity to introduce Boise, a very enthusiastic ski & snowboard town, to slalom skateboard racing. We are hoping to have several of the top female skaters represented to entice more participation from our local ladies. Plans to include a Pro/Am Slalom & FreeStyle Contest are being discussed. Local skate talent will fill in many of the demos throughout the nine day event. The last day of the Fair will host the Idaho State Amateur Skateboard Championships sanctioned by the Northwest Amateur Skateboard League.

The Fair has generously given us a very large parking lot with smooth asphalt for this event. They have committed to printing 150,000 flyers along with television and radio spots. This is the largest county fair in Idaho. There will be booth space available for sponsors of the event and your company logos will be printed on all the flyers.

I’m asking for your help to make this event successful. We need riders for the demos, prizes to give out during the shows and interested participants for our competitions. All competitions are contingent upon the interest level and commitment within those specific arenas. The Fair has agreed to pay for all ramps and operating costs.

This is a show for all of us who love the sport of skateboarding. I welcome your suggestions and support.

Serving the Sport,
Russ Howell

You can find out more information on my Website.
Click on the “Site Map” and go to “County Fair”
http://www.geocities.com/russhowellsite

Bruce Brewington
Wall Street Racing
Wall Street Racing

Post by Bruce Brewington » Thu Jan 30, 2003 5:56 pm

The tentitive schedule Rick has proposed for the Idaho State Fair Slalom contest is Aug 17/18. That is the same weekend as the FCR contest in Tahoe.

thought you should know

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Feb 20, 2003 4:47 pm

This event is no longer to be run by Russ in case some of you did not receive any further info.

I'm not sure who is doing it and have no news as to whether Slalom and Freestyle will be part of the program.