Da' Farm 3.0

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:05 pm

Just wanted to give all farm racers plenty of time to plan for our 2003 event. We are tentatively planning on <b>AUGUST 2nd.</b> Mark your calendars, get your camping gear together and come join the fun/party. And Yes, Mr. Hays has agreed to once again host all the post race festivities. We look forward to seeing new faces and hosting a rain-free event.

Da Farm 2.0

Glenn S

Post by Glenn S » Thu May 08, 2003 11:55 pm

Tway , TK, JG, or whoever is in charge,

It seem to me that the East Coast is spearheading a TS revival in the US. I'd sure like to check out some of the East Coasts TS courses.

Could you post, as best possible, an accurate description of the TS and GS/Hybrid courses for this event well beforehand? Maybe even a diagram! Even if you guys run something in advance and tweak the course till it is perfect, and mark it with paint pens, that would be great. I don’t care about local advantage. I’d rather the locals had run it and tweaked it to perfection and it was not some lame ass “cones just plopped down random” on the day of the race, course that everyone can complain about. If you posted the exact course we could start talking about wheelbases and setup needed.

As JG(John Gilmour) often posts, this would help those that travel from afar to have the right gear. This way we could order our TS decks well in advance, and maybe even have enough time to practice on them :wink:

I really gunna try and make this event this year.

Also, maybe in so doing you'd attract some of the pros from out West who actually like real TS to show up and race.

Thanks.

=========================
Update: bummer :sad: can't make it this year, an unexpected expense came up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Glenn on 2003-07-14 23:16 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Fri May 09, 2003 3:22 am

Got a call from Hays tonight and he will be out of town August 23rd so we are now <b>tentatively</b> changing the date to August 2nd. The only conflict is a DC Summer Series Race. I'm sure Brian and I can work something out. I will be submitting the legal paperwork to the town board tomorrow and if all goes well, the race will be officially announced in just a few weeks. Thanks for your patients.

Da Farm 1.0

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Fri May 09, 2003 3:51 am

I don't know but those Orange cones look awefully close together :smile:
Many Happy Pumps!

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri May 09, 2003 4:26 am

Of course I am all for posting a course in advance. I don't know who will set the course this year- I set the last two TS courses with some tweaking.

The hill for the race is not perfect. The Asphalt is fairly grippy but it has an extremely pronounced crown- which has likely worsened since last year. I am sure I can set around it as I did last year.

The skill level has risen considerably since last year hopefully we might be able to break the racing into two classes. I would like to see everyone excell to the best of their abilities and not be swamped by an overly technical course nor bored by one that is too easy. To do this with the current skill spread it might be worth it for Tway to consider two courses. I would expect to see no more than 12-16 racers in the advanced single track TS. But I must say that it was really great last year to see people showcase the skills they have developed as opposed to just pumping at a slower speed through wide gates. Spectators were blown away- and so was I.

I'll be passing through Tway's town more than once this summer. Hopefully we can hit the hill with some chalk during a non busy time and experiment.

FYI last year's course was not very tight. Most only a few cones at teh top were 6.5 foot on center and everything after the start was at least 7 foot on center gradually widening to 7.5 foot on center. For every 4-6 inches of offset generally another foot between the cones was added. The last few gates were 7 foot on center (tighter to make the end more thrilling)

The course had lots of rhythm- but was pretty tech. I found it a fun course to run- and for once...even more fun to watch.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed May 21, 2003 6:13 pm

Ok, I am ready to buy my aeroplane ticket to "da farm 3.0"

Some questions I need answered.

#1. What are the dates of the races?

#2. Equipment suggestions: Which wheels should I bring? Cambria's? What durometer? Board wheelbase?

Some things that I want to accomplish while I am there.

#1. I aspire to race JG, TK, Vlad, Tway and GBJ and meet or race all of you East coast skateboard slalom enthusiasts.

#2. Ride the subway in NYC.

#3. Go to the top of the Empire State building.

#4. Tour the Plank-R production facility and consume Vodka with the chief of operations.

#5. Become proficient at your TS courses.

Not necessarily in this order...

Thanks for the help, I'm jazzed to race in the East.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adam trahan on 2003-05-21 12:15 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Thu May 22, 2003 4:38 am

The letter has been submitted to the town supervisor and I expect a definite answer when I return from da south. (June 12th). I requested the date of Aug. 2nd and barring no conflicts... this will be the date. The only problem we are dealing with is we have to limit the number of racers. The town board is voting on this issue. More definite info as soon as I get it.

From Flatland Country in Florida

Tway

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:56 pm

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:54 pm

DaFarm 3.0 is a go. It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day. See ya there.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Tue Jul 01, 2003 12:07 am

Oops, missed that one...
#1. What are the dates of the races?
August 2, Saturday.
#2. Equipment suggestions: Which wheels should I bring? Cambria's? What durometer? Board wheelbase?
Cambrias and Avalons. 86/90A or softer if you have any. If you don't, I have enough. 18 inch hole to hole should be good for anything. If you don't have a short-wheelbase board, don't worry, we have enough.
Some things that I want to accomplish while I am there.

#1. I aspire to race JG, TK, Vlad, Tway and GBJ and meet or race all of you East coast skateboard slalom enthusiasts.
Doable. Bring your vintage race gear too so that we can race in three races.
#2. Ride the subway in NYC.

#3. Go to the top of the Empire State building.

Doable. I'm there too!
#4. Tour the Plank-R production facility and consume Vodka with the chief of operations.
Questionable. Dalv is a drunk. If not for his skills, I'd fire him. It depends if he's coherent enough when you get there. I can drink with you. Let's not involve Dalv in this. Thanks for your understanding.
#5. Become proficient at your TS courses.
Stick around on Sunday for Camp Gilmour.

I'll have a chat with Captain America at his Boston party and contact you soon.

Vlad.

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:17 pm

I have procured a prize of a "Severe Terrain" model from WINTERSTICK and some related swag.

I need to know who to send this to and the particulars of the race.

Send the address and contact info to me in a private message so I can get this to the marketing director at Winterstick.

Winterstick is onboard with us for "da Farm."

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:26 pm

Adam, you are coming this year, aren't you?

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:00 pm

Adam thats great! Send it to 55 tide mill rd, hampton, nh 03842 or just bring it along . Again, thanks for the sponsorship! TK

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:27 pm

Right on. Just so y'all know, there will be an outlaw race Friday night (Aug.1st) @ 9pm in Vista. Lightinig is fair to poor but with white cones it should be no problem. It will be a single lane T/S (first 35 cones) then a few mean offsets followed by a killer hairpin cure with a few more tight ones to the finish. $5. entry.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Mon Jul 07, 2003 12:10 am

Where should I fly into for Da'Farm?

Newark?

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:11 am

White Plains is the closest airport but since it is basically a smaller local airport serving this county and mostly executives chances are it will be much more expensive than the major NYC airports.

Newark will be the cheapest most likely though it is the largest pain in the ass to get to tway's from there without a car/ride.

JFK and Laguardia are both $35 flat fee cab ride (JFK is a $2.00 subway ride into manhattan...it's cheap but takes for ever and can be sketchy, the "A" line is scary!) into Manhattan/Grand Central Station. From there you can take the Metro North commuter railroad up to only a few miles from tway's farm.

JFK is most likely your best bet.....not the cheapest but the easiest all around.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Stepanek on 2003-07-06 21:13 ]</font>

Troy Smart

Post by Troy Smart » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:45 am

You may also want to consider Islip Airport on Long Island.
When I flew to Atlanta last summer the best airfare I could find was from Islip.
It adds about a half an hour to your trip as compared to JFK but may be worth it.
(from JFK it's about an hour and 10 minute drive [usually]. This is New York. If you fly in on Friday at rush hour, instead of an hour and 10 minute drive you may get a 3 hour tour.)
By the way, of the two major NY airports I would recommend Laguardia as it's closer than JFK.
Another good thing about the Islip airport option is that if you are coming in late friday afternoon you can bypass all that traffic by driving 30 minutes to Port Jefferson and catching the Port Jefferson/Bridgeport ferry (38 bucks one way. Car and driver).
The ferry ride lasts a little over an hour but but instead of fighting traffic you're kickin it with a cold one in the ferry bar.
From Bridgeport the Farm is about a 40 minute drive.
Might be worth checkin it out.
P.S. If you should happen to discuss this with anyone just remember that "kickin it with a cold one in the ferry bar" works ok in print but when actually said could get you in trouble.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Troy Smart on 2003-07-06 23:52 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:31 pm

$290.00 airfare

Northwest Airlines 462

Booking Class(es): V
Fare Basis Codes: VE14MVN

Ticket Designators:

Fri, Aug 1
1hr 57min

7:40am Depart Atlanta (ATL)
9:37am Arrive Detroit (DTW)
Plane Change

Northwest Airlines 5853
operated by
PINNACLE AIRLINES JET/NW AIRLINK

Booking Class(es): V
Fare Basis Codes: VE14MVN

Ticket Designators:

Fri, Aug 1
1hr 40min

10:20am Depart Detroit (DTW)
12:00pm Arrive Westchester County (HPN)

Total duration: <b>4hr 20min

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:38 pm

Delta flies direct to Westchester Co. Airport for $290.

My mom takes this flight every time she comes up here and loves it.

Departure: Atlanta, GA to White Plains, NY on Friday, 01 Aug 2003
Return: White Plains, NY to Atlanta, GA on Sunday, 03 Aug 2003

Itinerary 1 Price per passenger: $290.00 (USD)
Select
Itinerary Carrier
Flight # Cabin &
Class Departs Arrives Stops View
Seats
From Time/Date To Time/Date
Delta 4476 * Coach (U) ATL 11:40am
01 Aug 2003 HPN 2:00pm
01 Aug 2003 0
Delta 4474 * Coach (U) HPN 10:30am
03 Aug 2003 ATL 12:43pm
03 Aug 2003 0

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:16 am

thanks to everyone for all the help

looks like I'll be arriving in Newark late Friday night

see you all at Da'Farm!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:38 pm

Ok,

Now that we got all the air fares straightened out, how about some answers for somebody who's driving? (That would be me.)

If I could be so bold, could I get some feedback on gas prices up I-95? Currently, I'm paying $1.27 a gallon and its going DOWN (please, those of you in the northeast, hold your applause.)

Perhaps some participants on this forum could let me know what it's like in their neck of the woods so I'll know what to budget as I begin my trek to Vista?

• Noah, and Brian, what'cha paying in New Jersey? (I learned a long time ago that it actually PAYS to get off the Turnpike, buy gas and then pay a toll to get back on. That's cheaper than buying gas at a Turnpike way station.)

• How about in Virginia?

• Andy, JD and Curt, is gas still exhorbitantly outrageous in Maryland?

• Chris, Tway, what's it going for in New York?

• Joe, when I get to Stamford (where I'm staying again,) what can I expect to pay? (I'd ask Jar Jar, but we all know he doesn't care. He just whips out Dad's credit card and pumps the gas :smile: )

Oh, for anyone looking for a room at 'da Farm, I'd highly recommend the Holiday Inn Downtown in Stamford. Really nice hotel, indoor pool , free parking in a garage on the weekends and only about 20 miles from Vista. The breakfast buffet was so great that it caused me to be late and miss practice Saturday morning. Last year I stayed two nights for $148 ($74 a night after taxes and fees applied.) I got it through Hotwire and I believe the quote rate was $66 a night. Same this year. You can always expect to pay $10 a night in accomodation taxes when you stay in a good sized city.

Oh, and before anyone asks, "why don't you fly?" the answer is MONEY. I can drive to Vista and back on about six tanks of gas. At a MAXIMUM of $30 a tank full, which I know I won't pay, that's a maximum travel budget of $180.00. Plus, once I get there I have a car and no need to look for a ride or the additional expense of a rental. Ergo, I drive. All it costs is time and I got plenty of that!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-07-08 13:40 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:13 pm

<A HREF="http://www.newyorkstategasprices.com">NY Gas Prices</A>

Party on Wesley.

<A HREF="http://www.pgnicole.com/wavfiles/my%20voice1.wav">Hey baby</A>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: william tway on 2003-08-25 19:50 ]</font>

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:30 pm

I don't even bother looking at the gas prices anymore. I just pull up to the pump, swipe my card and fill the tank.

I seem to remember someone telling me gas was around $1.80+ per gallon for the cheap stuff.

Wesley...drop the gas guzzling American muscle car (the only things worst than giant schoolbus sized SUVs)...

:razz:

European cars are better anyway!

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:42 pm

They can have my Camaro when they pry it from my cold, dead fingers!

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:01 pm

hahahahaha....

I've never ever been a car person until about 2 years ago when I got into Formula 1 racing. Now I am into just about any European car racing....F1 being my largest interest...but LeMans is also interesting.

I guess my tastes are in Italian super cars (Pagani, Ferrari) and a handful of English cars (lotus Elise, TVR tuscans) and some German cars (Audi, VW and Opel)

One thing that remains is my loathing for American muscle cars. Especially Corvettes! Camaros and Mustangs fit in there too....Shelbys and the lot too...blah!

I loath import/street racers too...but have nothing against normal japanese (toyota, Honda, Subaru)

The only American sports car I have any love for...and ALOT in this case...is the Ford GT40....that car is perfection in form and the Ferrari killer.

I drive a Chrysler car and the only other Amercan brand I would buy is a Ford.

GM = BAD! (my father ingrained that much into me).

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:23 pm

For some reason the current crop of F1 Drivers really doesn't get me excited. Although I have to say I was kind of tickled at seeing Schumacher get run off the road into the sand this past weekend. Him sitting there in a million-dollar Ferrari just spinning his rubber was kind of comical.

Not since the days of Prost, Senna, Mansell and Picquet have I really cared. The 1000 HP Hondas and Renaults were really something to watch.

Also, seeing Bentley get back into it with GTP racing (or whatever they call it now,) is really kind of cool. I watched Road Atlanta on Speedvision not too long ago and that hillon the track where I think we could have a slalom race looked as good on TV as it did in the publicity still.

To get back on topic, one of the things I like about driving from Stamford to Vista is looking at some of the driveways attached to those estates. No telling what you might see. Last year, I checked out a Bentley, a Ferrari and that limited edition A-M that came out a couple of years ago (V-12, 6-speed, based on the Virage? I can't remember.)

And of course, you know that Lamborghini Tway keeps hidden in his garage is choice. Don't let anybody fool you: there's millions to be made in padlocks.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:41 pm

Oh ya...Lambos don't do it for me either...

I've watched alot of the older F1 races on tape, the Senna/Prost years, the ultra high tech computer controlled F1 years (all around 93)..they are fun but I suppose not my period. I get much more of a kick watching some of the grand prixs from the 50s and 60s...the most exciting race I've seen is one Jackie Stewart won (?) at the old Nurburing long (16mile) track in about 1971....that was insane.

Modern F1 is so sterile compared to those days but still interesting. I'm a Scuderia fan but not really a Schumacher or Rubens fan.

BTW - it was JP Montoya, the former Indy 500 winner/CART/Toyota Atlantic driver...that pushed MS into the gravel...

back to topic.....if you want to DRIVE Wes....take a drive up the Taconic parkway when you are up on the farm (it is maybe 10miles from tways)....if you love your car you'll love that drive....

see you at the farm.

Terry Kirby
Team RoeRacing
Team RoeRacing

Post by Terry Kirby » Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:50 am

Da Farm Aug 2nd update. Registration will be early, 8:00am, Following will be GS practice. We will then run a single lane best of 2 qualification round. The top 16 racers will be taken from qualification and 1 -8 will be A Pro, 9-16 B pro. These racers will then take 2 runs for final results in the GS. There will be an A pro champ and B pro Champ.

TS will be run the same way. Given the hill and the fact that its is a one day event we feel this format will help us get 3 events off in a day. GS, TS and the now famous Vintage race. We are serious about the 8:00am registration. The party afterwards will be all time. TK

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:46 am

Also, No winners will be announced until the awards party. Thanks TK. How was the striper bite?

Brian Morris

Post by Brian Morris » Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:01 am

Wes,

I don't know how gas is down south by Noah, but its around 1.45 a gallon up north. For some reason, the price goes down as you go south, cigarettes are the same...

Brian
Wobbler

Alan Schroeder
Shaggy

Post by Alan Schroeder » Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:10 am

Anyone up for a practice this Sunday? Ball Dam?

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:21 am

Just a quick note about dafarm:

In order to keep the race fair, all PVD's are deemed illegal. Anyone caught riding PVD's will be politely asked to leave the race.

Thank you for your cooperation.

PS. This rule will only apply unless someone coughs up a set for me.

Dan Mitchell

Post by Dan Mitchell » Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:26 am

Hey, could anyone loan (or rent) a vintage setup to me for 'Da Farm? My G&S Henry Hester with Midtracks and Park Rider 5's was stolen in 1982.

Feel sorry for me, pleeeease.
Dan Mitchell, aka PA Dan

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:32 am

DaFarm is almost ready.

The wife wasn't happy about that one so I pulled it. Sorry.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: william tway on 2003-07-24 21:11 ]</font>

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri Jul 25, 2003 3:25 am

Did I miss the announcement, concerning the post-race happenings, that I think I missed?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: WesE on 2003-07-24 21:26 ]</font>

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:21 am

The wife wasn't happy about that one so I pulled it. Sorry.
I didn't like the picture as well. It didn't show the grass roots. Don't be sorry, I think you did the right thing.

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:33 am

Awww shucks missed it.

Wesley and southern racers be SURE to fill up IN New Jersey it is a lot cheaper than CT or NY. Particularly for the Primo stuff your Chevy Camaro V8 desires. Prices in Mass are at $1.88 a gallon to $2.05.

You'd think with the ever shrinking "Iraqi Most Wanted" gas prices would drop. Oh I forgot...we went there to liberate them, rebuild their infrastructure, off free health care, etc.

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Fri Jul 25, 2003 5:48 am

What I do know is that on my two trips up north last year Connecticutt had the highest gasoline I saw all year (including California.) I was stunned when I paid over $2.00 a gallon for gas in Stamford but it was almost .40¢ a gallon cheaper the month before in Massachusetts.

Ah, well, I have to point out, though, that you can't always blame that on the Middle East. The reason I pay $1.27 and y'all pay $2.00 is TAXES. Sure, there's a little difference brought about by the wholesalers and distribuors, but the real choker on gas prices up north is what y'all pay to the State House.

It takes a lot to finance The Worker's Paradise of Northeast America.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wesley Tucker on 2003-07-24 23:49 ]</font>

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Fri Jul 25, 2003 7:10 am

In the DC area, Virginia always has the lowest gas prices. The smaller the town, the better the price (not applicable at Exxon, Texico, Mobil, etc). I'm not positive, but Fredericksburg might be a good place to gas up. Maybe Dave Riordon knows for sure. The cheap gas stations to keep an eye out for are Sheets, Racetrack, Crown, and Citgo (7-11 gas station) in that preferencial order.

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:51 pm

On 2003-07-24 23:33, John Gilmour wrote:
Awww shucks missed it.

Wesley and southern racers be SURE to fill up IN New Jersey it is a lot cheaper than CT or NY. Particularly for the Primo stuff your Chevy Camaro V8 desires. Prices in Mass are at $1.88 a gallon to $2.05.

You'd think with the ever shrinking "Iraqi Most Wanted" gas prices would drop. Oh I forgot...we went there to liberate them, rebuild their infrastructure, off free health care, etc.

the only (well one of many) problem with New Jersey and getting gas there is the INSANE state Law that you can't pump your own gas. Everything in NJ is full service. That has always bugged me. I'll pay more JUST to pump my own damn gas thank you very much!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Stepanek on 2003-07-25 10:52 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Sat Jul 26, 2003 5:19 pm

New York Grass Roots Presents <b>"DaFarm Friday Night Jam"</b>. This event will be hosted by NY Grass members and exotic course designers UR13 and myself. The course offers an interesting mix of TS/Hybrid/GS and Slalom-X. Entry fee is $5. Practice is 9-10pm and the race is 10-11:30pm. It will be a single lane format and all participants can take as many runs they desire in the allotted time frame. Top 3 racers take home da cash. This promises to be a very exciting and most of all... <i>interesting</i> event. This is a first of it's kind. A great kickoff to what promises to be a fun filled weekend. See you there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: William Tway on 2003-07-26 11:31 ]</font>

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Sun Jul 27, 2003 9:31 pm

Mr. Tway, I'm trying to find a motel somewhere around Midletown, NY to book.

I've found a couple further away but I would like to be within an 1 1/2 hours drive. away max, for the morning scoot to Da Farm.

Enjoy the Friday session folks.

C-ya

Oh yeah and real cheap,eh!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Claude Regnier on 2003-07-27 16:21 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:54 am

Thanks again Joe for all your help in organizing this event. This year’s race is going to be the best ever. We have a boat load of killer prizes from some killer companies. A personal thanks to :<b> COMET, Pocket Pistol, Roe, 3DM, Bozi, Solid Skate, Biltin, Winterstick Tiernyrides, Dan from Seismic for his sweet new spreadsheet, and now Ommegang.</b>. I look forward to tipping a few after the race.

Also if you are camping, bring a flashlight. It gets dark in the woods. Further, a roll of TP wouldn’t hurt either.

Finally, there are still a few spots available…so if you are still sitting around thinking about coming, <b>bring it on.</b> (That also goes for GBJ and Mitch. Call in sick and come join the party). If you name is on the list and you aren’t racing, please notify us ASAP. If your name isn’t on the list, (see contest calendar) please let us know so we can add your name to the score sheets.

**New York Grass Roots Presents <b>"DaFarm Friday Night Jam"</b>. This event will be hosted by NY Grass members Tway & 13. The course offers an interesting mix of TS/Hybrid/GS and Slalom-X. Entry fee is $5. Practice is 9-10pm and the race is 10-11:30pm. It will be a single lane format and all participants can take as many runs they desire in the allotted time frame. Top 3 racers take home da cash. This promises to be a very exciting and most of all...<i> interesting </i>event. This is a first of its kind. A great kickoff to what promises to be a fun filled weekend. See you there.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:57 am

Wesley, what time are you planning on arriving? Try and make the Friday night gig. My wife is cooking dinner for all early arrivals. Probably around 6pm. Hope you can make it early.

Twayzer-X
" If a man can write a better book, or preach a better sermon, or make a better Slalom Board than his neighbor, even if he builds his house in the woods the world will make a beaten path to his door." Team Fatboy

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:43 am

this course that tway and I set (tway&13™ productions® 2003©) has something for everyone. You have TS, a few tech TS, hybrid, uphill pumping, GS fall line sweepers, a 90 degree hairpin turn, slalom-cross pass thru gates and an uphill finish. You have never ridden a course like this before.

The night we set it tway was running a plank with indys and 80a avalons. I was running a plank with PVD R3s and 94a-85a wheels with no problems as far as traction. Our wheelbases were 19"-21" and all was doable.

bring lots of wheels and a few setups. This course requires you to trade something off to maximize the other section. Finding what to trade off will be key to winning.

see you all on friday night.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris Stepanek on 2003-07-28 22:45 ]</font>

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:02 pm

Pretty Cool.....

Thanks once again Joe for your help.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Wed Jul 30, 2003 3:27 am

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

Post by John Gilmour » Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:51 pm

looking at teh forecast- don't give up. August typically only has late in the day thundershowers so if we can be done by 4:30 likely we'll make it. There looks like there is a weather window. Sat afternoon to sat early evening

Michael Dong

Post by Michael Dong » Thu Jul 31, 2003 3:18 am

Does anyone know of a shuttle or the like from JFK up to Wilton, CT? I am arriving Thurs at 8:00pm.

thanks,

Michael

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Thu Jul 31, 2003 4:05 am

Michael, Try Connecticut Limo. They offer a very resonable shuttle service from JFK. Don't be fooled by the name, all their limos are Greyhound buses. I think Bruce is taking it to Norwalk.

http://www.ctlimo.com/