[FCR 2003] 2003 FCR Series

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

[FCR 2003] 2003 FCR Series

Post by Jack Smith » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:04 am

Tentative 2003 FCR Series Schedule

March 29/30 - Lake Elsinore, CA
May 10/11 - Catalina Classic - Avalon, CA
June 7/8 - Breckenridge, CO
July 12/13 - La Costa, CA
Aug 16/17 -Lake Tahoe, CA
Sept 26-28 - Morro Bay, CA

We will be working with the promoters of events throughout the United States and the rest of the world to certify races as being eligible to award FCR points.

Stay tuned!

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Fri Dec 13, 2002 4:43 am

No race in Hood River, OR for 2003? I was really looking foreward to attending.

Is there a reason? Is there something that I could do to help make it happen?

-- Pat Chewning
Beaverton, OR

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

Post by Rene Carrasco » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:46 am

Thanks for posting the TENTATIVE SCHEDULE!

Makes me start itching to race real bad - just lookin' at that list!

Cant wait for 2003 Season!!!

...............-Rene' "CANNONBALL" Carrasco.
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Sat Mar 08, 2003 3:04 am

Don, Jack and John would like to thank every one for their support during the 2002 FCR Series season, we all had a great time and we accomplished an awful lot.

We apologize for not getting back to you officially until now. We really appreciate the fact that many of the racers seem to be willing to work with us in the future to help to continue to build the Series through some pretty difficult times. We are committed to improving the FCR Series and we are announcing our plan for 2003.

We will hold a minimum of five FCR Series events or FCR sanctioned events this year with the possibility of more. We may consider awarding points for other events that meet certain criteria as those events are presented to us.

For FCR SERIES events only the entry fees for the Pro Class will increase to $150. The minimum prize money for each event will be determined by multiplying $75 by the number of Pro racers that enter an event. If 40 Pros enter then the minimum prize money will be 40 X $75 = $3,000. It will be divided up by percentage as follows:

1st 40%
2 24%
3 12%
4 8%
5 (4X) 4%

The entry fee for the Open Class will
remain $100.

We will award prizes and medals / trophies at each of our events this year.
We will work on better t shirts this year
We will maintain a 100 racer limit at
our events.

We really appreciate the fact that you understand that it is tough out there right now but we, like you, are committed to moving dual slalom racing forward. We are close to finalizing negotiations with a TV sponsor for the Catalina Classic. We hope that we can get TV sponsors for all of out events. We did not have very much sponsorship support last year at this
time either.

There will be changes regarding the World Championships. The World Championships will be an event this year and it will not be the last event. It will be treated like any other FCR Series event as far as points go.

We would like to hold a full schedule of FCR events this year but they are too expensive to hold without adequate sponsorship participation. We can not ask you racers to pay for any more than we are asking. We are optimistic that we can all move this thing forward and that we will engage enough of the public into viewing your efforts that, someday, racers will earn enough to support themselves by dedicating themselves to this endeavor that we all love so much.

Our tentative schedule for this year will be:

3/29-30 – Lake Elsinore, FCR sanctioned event

4/12 – Bahne-Cadillac SlalomCross, FCR sanctioned event

6/6 – 8 - High Peaks Drifter, FCR Series three day event, Breckenridge, CO

July or August – La Costa

September – Albuquerque, NM FCR sanctioned event

9/12 – 14 - World Championships, Morro Bay,

FCR Series three day event
10/18 – 19 – Catalina Classic , FCR Series two day event

FCR Series awards dinner, Sunday October 19, 2003, Avalon, Santa Catalina Island

Thanks
Jack, Don & John

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:45 pm

2003 FCR Series Web Site <a href="http://www.fcrseries.com"><B>www.fcrseries.com</B></a>

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Fri Mar 14, 2003 4:07 am

John, Don and myself would publicly like to thank Stan Strocher for his efforts in creating the new FCR website. Stan also created the site last year, he did so under my direction that he include flash, which created some problems for users. I take the blame.

Stan is a talented designer, as well as my partner in Bahne, if you have a moment take a look at his site SoulStudio.com

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Wed May 28, 2003 6:17 pm

http://www.ncdsa.com/contest_registrati ... testID=100

Wesley Tucker
1961-2013 (RIP)
1961-2013 (RIP)

Post by Wesley Tucker » Wed May 28, 2003 8:53 pm

2003 World's Question:

The sign up says "GS, TS and Slalom Cross." My question, though, is about TIME. FCR made the decision earlier this year that EVERYONE would have to qualify regardless of points standings. Well, just the out-of-towners qualifying in 2002 took a whole day (from morning til mid-afternoon.) If all the FCR regular pro and am are included, that would lead to a whole day of qualifying.

Then one day of pro-am GS racing and one day of pro-am slalom racing.

Would the slalom cross be held on a fourth day? Or would all the qualifying for every participant be concluded in time on Friday to move on to a slalom cross event Friday afternoon?

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Thu May 29, 2003 6:40 am

Hey Wes,

Gary and I are still working out the details of the event. We are confident that we can get everything completed in the time allowed.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:08 pm

As there is some conflicting information in this thread and on the http://www.FCRseries.com web site I asked Jack about to re-confirm when the World Championships will be held:

Jack Smith wrote to me yesterday saying that the World Championships will be held on September 26-28 (so ignore the incorrect information on http://www.FcrSeries.com).

The European Championships will be September 20-21, confirmed by Pierre Samray two days ago.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Fri Jun 13, 2003 11:26 am

Jani, Morro Bay and Euro Shampionship being held the same WE or quite is not a problem, is it ?
Only Airflow team did the trip lately, and that was the before-Troca era, Morro Bay is a US Cup with guests... getting Euro and US results at once seems actually like a fine idea.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Jun 18, 2003 6:57 pm

It is always a pity with two competitions too close together. At least this time there is one week in between the two and maybe some people will try to go to both.

I'd be interested in going to both if I could work out the details and it doesn't interfere too much with my work.

And, No Etienne, although the Airflow team was the largest foreign participation in Morro Bay last year, there were also slalomers from the UK, Germany, myself and Maurus Strobl, although Swiss he's on the Indiana team. I already know of a few who have plans for Morro Bay 2003, so I think we should see a similar European participation this year.

Lauren Gordon

Post by Lauren Gordon » Thu Jul 03, 2003 10:39 pm

Jack-
Is FCR doing the Catalina Classic in October?
Thanks,
Lauren