[2006] Luna Slalom Jam 2006

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

[2006] Luna Slalom Jam 2006

Post by Ricky Byrd » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:39 pm

I just wanted to start a new thread on Luna. I didn't like the question mark associated with the other, there is diffinately no question mark on LSJ, so...

First things first...
I would like to publicly thank The Henns, Frank & Laura, for all they have done for Luna 2006. In times of stress on race day I never fail to forget to thank all that should be, so I'm going ahead now and make sure everyone knows how much I appreciate the efforts by these two local legends of the board. Thanks Frank & Laura!

Luna plans are lining up great. Permits secured, insurance obtained thanks to the efforts of the ASSA gang, after parties shaping up with catfish, BBQ ribs, smoked chicken and Crawdads, timing system re-wired to eliminate 95% of the phone wire. The venue is near perfect for this race. It sits right next to a city park which will be teaming with cyclists, Harleys, sportbikes on a sunny May day. Two eating places within a very short walk (or skate) from the hill.

I'd like to thank the sponsors of this race for helping out with schwag. Companies like Bahne, Radikal, Pocket Pistol, Khiro, Pleasure Tool, Comet, BLR, Gravity, Seismic, Roe Racing, Sk8King are the people who make it fun for eveyone. Thanks so much!

We do have a few major sponsors to mention, one being Redbull. Redbull has been beside us for 4 years now and I can't thank them enough. A new sponsor this year is Southern Wireless. This local cell company approached us about getting involved in the event, catch that, APPROACHED US, which is always cool. Thanks to Mr. Steve Weston for helping out this year!

Another major sponsor that needs announcing is Pocket Pistol Skates. Pocket Pistol has stepped up to sponsor the Friday night race. The event is now dubbed "The Pocket Pistol Outlaw GS". Chicken is going to kick in nice prizes for the top finishers and T's for the participants. Chicken is always there to support grass roots racing and we appreciate it. Thanks Chicken! We have invited all our local longboarders to participate in this event to give them a taste of timed racing. They'll dig it I'm sure.

We are trying to pull together a ditch jam contest on Sunday so stay tuned for info on that. This event depends alot on weather as we approach he date. The ditch needs to be dry that week.

Come see us everyone. Like I said, things are shaping up to be a good one. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Rick Stanziale
Red Clay Racing
Red Clay Racing

Post by Rick Stanziale » Sun May 07, 2006 9:47 pm

Thanks Ricky & Lisa, Clifton, Frank & Laura, and the supporting cast & crew.