[2006] BIG-n-FAST BECAUSE I SAY SO, Salem Oregon May 7, 2006

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Paul Howard

[2006] BIG-n-FAST BECAUSE I SAY SO, Salem Oregon May 7, 2006

Post by Paul Howard » Sat Feb 18, 2006 10:25 pm

WHEN: Sunday May 7th 2006 Sunday 10:23am

WHAT: This will be a dual lane BIG hybrid/small Giant type of course with fairly loose cones throughout to focus on speed and flow. This will be an IDEAL EVENT FOR NEWBIES. The top section will be straight with some narrow( in width,but loosely spaced) offsets to quickly pump up some speed before the bigger and looser main section of the course which will have a few places to tuck or quad pump(your call). For those not ready for full speed, we will likely have a 2nd start line further down the course bypassing the top section for a "B" division.

WHERE: Take I-5 to Salem Oregon, go to south Salem(NOT south OF Salem), Look for Hwy 22 West and go West(Toward the coast). This will become Mission Street(Ave?, Blvd?) almost immediately. Follow Mission for approx 2.5 miles West of where you got off of I-5, it will meander a bit and go under a bridge. Look to your Left/South after 2.5 miles (approx) for Bush Park, look for a big sports stadium, turn left into that parking area. The Soap Box Derby hill will be just west behind the Stadium.

HELMETS: YES. All other pads, wrist guards, slide gloves, heavy jackets are recommended.

OFFICIALITY: Outlaw, bring your park decks just in case we get busted and we'll go to one of the nearby skateparks. A bust is very NOT-likely, the Park maintanance staff and visitors DIG WATCHING US WEAR OUR HELMETS AND SLALOMING, so lets continue wearing helmets and picking up garbage, etc.

For more information and web signup, go to: www.ncdsa.com and look on the Contest Calender.

See you There!-Paul
I just dig slalom!