[2005] Nature Boi's Labor Day Outlaw Jam - Sept 3rd, 2005

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

[2005] Nature Boi's Labor Day Outlaw Jam - Sept 3rd, 2005

Post by Christopher Bara » Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:05 am

Sunday, September 3rd

Columbus Ohio at the unofficial Mollica Race site

GS/Hybrid Jam session

900 ft long derby hill, about 25-30 mph

two hotel rooms booked for those who need a place to crash Saturday night. $70/nt

Who's in?

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:15 pm

The race is posted on the NCDSA Calendar

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:51 pm

Derby Warmup Sessh

Last edited by William Tway on Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:04 pm

Mollicas got the stoke goin' on down there big time.....the young guns are showin' good form...

Once upon a time not too long ago there was a first Farm , a first Gathering, a first Luna, first Red Clay and first St Lou ..... now they're all traditions in parts of the country that arent exactly considered racing hotbeds

this year we've already had the Chicago Shootout and now the Buckeye Open ..... hopefully they'll do the same.....

Finally, I'll be able to say" I remember when......"

Was waiting to post these up on the Gong Show, but I think NCDSA blew up...

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:29 pm

Hey Chris,

Nice beefage pic. Who was the unlucky soul?
La Costa Boy For Life

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:43 am

yeah, ya kinda like how that left shoulder is dipped right under?......man....at my age, that'd be 4 months intensive therapy...that's one of the new young guns....dont know his name....Kenny said he got back up and was heading downhill again in no time.....

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:48 am

WHERE ARE YOU STAYING AND AT WHAT COST?

I'm trying to talk someone into going from Georgia.
La Costa Boy For Life

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:29 am

I've got two rooms on hold at the Varsity Inn 614-291-2983, 1445 Olentangy River Road, Upper Arlington....Each room has two double beds. We've got 4 guys coming down and we can split people up to spread the cost out if you want. It's 75.32 a room with taxes if you have aaa and 83.69 if you dont. Kenny recommended the place. Simple hotel, clean with a pool. We're rolling in early Saturday afternoon and leaving some time after the race. If you come down, let me know. If i dont hear back from anybody by Thursday, i'll cancel that 2nd room. There's an OSU football game that saturday and most hotels are booked....give it a shot!....it's a nice hill and Mollicas a great host

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:15 am

Christopher Bara wrote:Was waiting to post these up on the Gong Show, but i think NCDSA blew up...
Whose pictures are these?
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:19 am

Kenny's..............

posse session

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Workin the plan

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:28 pm

Chris,

Hold that room for us for 24 hours or so. I am waiting on Tom Thompson to commit. If he does we are there. Two of the GASS boys on a wild hair trip...... 586 miles per MapQuest.....I hope we get four runs.

Marty
La Costa Boy For Life

Christopher Bara
KILL CITY RACING
KILL CITY RACING

Post by Christopher Bara » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:35 pm

Tell ya what, i'll hold it until Thursday night.....but if you find out that you cant make it before then, let me know and i'll cancel it.....
Hopefully, you can make it (i know it's a long haul).
4 runs shouldnt be an issue at all....especially with the Honda running people back up the hill after runs.
The derby hill is pretty well hidden from the public. Picture this. You go down a long park road all the way to a parking lot in the back. behind the lot is a gate to prevent cars from going back on a service drive. you walk down the service drive thru some small woods, the road bends left and there it is....in the middle of nowhere....the derby hill....no traffic, not getting in anybody's way....some locals walking by it on a paved trail thru the woods now and then and that's about it......it's a perfect spot

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Chris!

Post by Marty Schaub » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:13 pm

Hey,

Posted it at the Gong Show too. Thompson bailed and so must I. A ten hour trek alone is not an option. See you at the Nature Boy Open #2.
La Costa Boy For Life

Chris Favero
CHIxILL Master CFav
CHIxILL Master CFav

Post by Chris Favero » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:30 am

hey,i am with marty,i cant come this weekend because of a family vacation,but you do this in sept and we are there.its only 5 hours from chicago.cf
Freak Bros. Racing
www.chixillskateboards.com

Kenny Mollica
Nature Boy
Nature Boy

Crash pad

Post by Kenny Mollica » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:52 pm

Marty-
You guys can stay at our crib. We have two queen size beds, a long couch and love seat. Futon in the Suburban can be moved inside. Plus, some floor space. We can house 3 easy, 4 with someone on the floor.

Our house is being renovated big time, but if you want to save some cash, crash at our house. Leave super early Saturday, get in by dinner. Check the hill. Party. Race. Head home or stay at our house again Sunday night.

The weather looks great and we can ride all day and set a different course for a second race. I dont care. Just come and have some fun.

Where the hell are the Canadians?

Nature Boi

Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia
Robert Sydia

Canadian Response

Post by Robert Sydia » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:29 pm

Kenny:

I would give my left nut to come down and run cones with you - even though I don't think you want it.

Personally, it is the wife's B-Day, so for the good of my marriage I am in Toronto.

I think the rest of the Canadian contingent is heading to Montreal for the Top Challenge with Pierre and JF.

Kenny, are you heading to Marion's race in North Carolina??

Hope you guys have a great session.

All the best,

Rob

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Sorry Kenny!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:49 pm

I'll be building new ramps for our sk8park. We are finishing our last week of camp and my newest Grandson will likely be welcomed to the world today.

We looked at heading over but I don't even think I can make Morro Bay this year and that sucks big time.

So take Care everyone and have a great time. They canned the Slalom event in Montreal so I'm not even making the treck there.
Many Happy Pumps!

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Oh well

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:50 pm

Kenny,

Thanks so much for the offer. I tried a last ditch effort yesterday with all the GASS boys and struck out. Oh well.....

Are we going to see you in November at Marion's? It's gonna have a mo fo GS on Sunday.

Marty
La Costa Boy For Life