[2005] US Nationals, Breckenridge August 19-20-21 - Results

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

[2005] US Nationals, Breckenridge August 19-20-21 - Results

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:59 pm

Results just in from Dan Gesmer:

Timeship US Nationals, Vail, CO, August 19, 2005 - StandUp Downhill

Downhill Quals

1. Jimmy Flint
2. Rob McKendry
3. Will Brunson
4. Dean Ozuna

Downhill Elims A

1. Rob McKendry
2. Jimmy Flint
3. Will Brunson
4. Dean Ozuna
5. Brent Kosick (qual 12) !!
6. Joe Lehm (qual 7)
7. Matt Franklin (qual 9)
8. Mark Jeangerard (qual 6)

Downhill Elims B

1. Nick Warn
2. Oliver Spees
3. Michael Lanahan
4. George McLellan
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:24 am

Mike Cividino

Post by Mike Cividino » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:38 am

wow, brutal cone counts by almost everyone. Does that mean the course was too hard?

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Too tight?

Post by Marty Schaub » Mon Aug 22, 2005 12:59 pm

Mike,

In looking at the pro quals and the finals brackets, I can only find two clean runs posted. One by Hackett & one by Carrasco.

The open had a 15 cone limit?

I would say brutal could be used as a descriptive......

I'd sure like to see some vid posted.
La Costa Boy For Life

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

The course

Post by Claude Regnier » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:11 am

Mike ( & Marty know you weren't there) )think back to Morro bay last year. About 60% as long but 35% faster.

It was extremely hard to go slow and try to make it. Looking into the times and cones hit for the final you can tell how tough the course was.

I thought (still do) that my lack of practice hurt me but when I see some of the times and hit one cone to many not to qualify, hell I'm quite satisfied considering.

In the TS they gave everyone that didn't post a time another run to post a time. In my run I was making a point of running clean. I was about halfway when a cone flew into my path, facing the way near an offset and pulled out. taking the DQ rather then the chance of another severe beef. The incident flashed back memories of Ricky Birds board coming accross and taking me down in the Slalom Cross at the Worlds a few years ago. Ouch! Can't afford one of those rightnow.

I'm re-building another sk8park in my sk8park and will be busy for a while. I got my trackmate now and no time to play. Mike I hope you can make it to Morro this year as I don't think there will be any Canadian representation as money will be a factor and my lack of practice time for this years Worlds make it pointless considering the races I've attended to rep us this past year.

The GS was supperb. This was similar to what we set on July 2nd on a big hill with the odd shot of tailwind. Fast, Furious & Fun for all. :)
Many Happy Pumps!

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Post by Jonathan Harms » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:36 am

Civ, Claude's right about the speed. It was FAST! especially at the bottom, and even at the top it was hard to check your speed. I hit seven cones despite going as slowly as possible in my one good qualifying run, hit five (I think) vs. Keith.

Overall, it wasn't TOO hard, but for slow warmer-uppers like me it was a real challenge. I'm guessing we got about 5-7 runs each, including the no-cone warmup/practice. I changed my setup three times before it even felt close to makeable. If I'd been able to practice super-tight in the preceding two weeks, I might have done better. By the time I got eliminated, I was ready to rock! Typical. :-)