[2005] Slalom on the Farm 5.0pen

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Mike Ohm

da farm

Post by Mike Ohm » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:01 pm

Tway, can you post the slalom elims from saturday. Thanks!

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Da Farm, Experience!

Post by Claude Regnier » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:30 pm

Wow! What a great time.

Alyssa, thanks for letting us all in.

Tway, TK, Joe I, Terry & Yvonne, Cnova and everyone else that helped out to make this a great event. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

So many great people to meet and greet. New faces, New & Old racers getting faster and spreading the stoke of Slalom racing and skateboarding.

I just can't start naming people cuz I do not want to leave any of you out. To the people I actually did not get to spend any time with hopefully it will be in our future.

There just isn't enough time.

To the whole Canadian Contingent. I am so proud of all of you. Great skating and Greater people. It was nice to see 10 of us there and 8 of us competing in the events.

I can't post anything on the other site because of some error and my other system is still down so: I will when I can.

Thanks for the submited photos and I'm sure the videos will be Great as well.

I'm glad I made it through the weekend without injury this time.
Many Happy Pumps!

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Final Results

Post by William Tway » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:55 pm

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:09 pm

TWAY RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

were there times for Downhill?
Evil Potentate
Team Fatboy - all hopped up on goofballs!

Still douchebags, but CLASSY douchebags ;)

UNDISPUTED WORLD CATAMARAN CHAMPS!

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:17 am

good work tway, we were so close!!!! glad u make it to the finals dude.

(note to self, change my gloves before next race)
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Eddy Martinez
Texas Outlaw
Texas Outlaw

Post by Eddy Martinez » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:16 am

Leo muchas gracias por las photos. Wesley T es muy macho you rule the D group. Congrats Bro. I will be there next year. Your Amigo Eddy Texas Outlaws.

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Downhill Results

Post by William Tway » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:14 pm

Police Blotter

#30 T.W. 30.779

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 4:46 pm

COOL!!! We made the police blotter!!!!!! Farm race couldn't POSSIBLY be ANY cooler!!!!

Thanks for postin' the DH, Tway-san. Yet another reason you are one up on Fonzie!
Evil Potentate

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Front Page News

Post by William Tway » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:04 pm

Slalom skateboarding: All roads lead to Lewisboro

Page 1

Back Page

[br]

Post by Guest » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:56 pm

Notice that I am not a professional like Noah....

:-)

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:29 pm

Cool!

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

No Helmet Law

Post by Marty Schaub » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:58 pm

Wow,

66 beat Tucker in the DH riding a park board and no helmet.

6 IS the D bracket avenger!!!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:11 pm

Thanks for posting the Downhill results...Congrats to Ron Olson and Marty for kicking my ass! I should have ridden my Axe like Ron! Way to go bros! Damn I need to learn pump instead of tuck!

Tway, next year, Shady Lane Downhill should have two divisions: The one like we did that was a pump downhill and one where it's a push start that goes over that hill and across the bridge to the other side....Not sure how you would time it but man that would be fun. Love to break out the Big Red X or the Bozi and push like a mofo at the top of that hill. I rolled that part at the bottom and the other side of that rise is steep and way fast. What say you Tway? Can we have a super big DH next year please!

EDITTED:
If you do decide to put this particular event on I will work on getting the Swag donated specifically for the podium winners. I have connections!
Last edited by Marion Karr on Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Ron Barbagallo
Fatboy

Post by Ron Barbagallo » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:58 pm

Yeah, and I want a separate division in the Vintage Class for the Plastic Playboys!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And just like Marion, I'll get separate swag/trophies/hookers for the winners!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Ron Barbagallo on Fri Aug 12, 2005 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evil Potentate

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:54 pm

Fatboy, you should have that division for sure! You guys were amazing riding those death traps down the hill. I kept calling Derek Smith the Sketch Master General.
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:57 am

RE: Newspaper article

I believe I told that newspaper guy that it was like "Man on Man Camp" and he misquoted me.

Do they print retractions in the Lewisboro Picayune?

Joe

Jonathan Harms
JBH - ISSA Treasurer
JBH - ISSA Treasurer

Great article

Post by Jonathan Harms » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:02 pm

That's one of the best articles about slalom, or any kind of skateboarding, I've ever read. No awkward Bart Simpson references or oddly placed "cowabunga" or "gnarly dude" lingo, just the facts plus some background information to place everything in context. From all the accounts of the race from the racers themselves, this article seems to be a perfect fit.

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Post by Marion Karr » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:43 pm

Yo Cowabunga Dude JBH! How they hangin?

Seriously though...

Mark your calendar for November...the Farm Franchise race in North Carolina requests your participation!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Farm Vid

Post by William Tway » Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:17 pm

Video Highlights Slalom on the Farm 5.0

This is just the short version. Look for the full on version sometime this Winter.

Tway

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

SWEEEETTTT!!!

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:01 am

Tway,

After working in the yard for four hours in the Georgia heat, I came in to find that sweet surprise waiting for me. Thanks bud. I am a farmer for life.
La Costa Boy For Life

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Nice so far

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:14 am

Is it just my computer (wich wouldn't surprise me) i'm not getting to the 4 minute mark on it.
Many Happy Pumps!

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Post by Marty Schaub » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:42 am

It ran full length for me. Bummer for you, the 5 minute mark had the strippers!!!
La Costa Boy For Life

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

ha ha

Post by Claude Regnier » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:47 am

i got the full version on the other site.

some people should keep their clothes on :)
Many Happy Pumps!

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

m

Post by Marion Karr » Sat Aug 13, 2005 1:50 am

You're a freakin god there TWAY! That video is the absolute coolest! I am so freakin stoked up big to the max! Super Nova Stoke Bomb was just dropped by Tway on the Farming Community! Like Marty said, I am now a FARMER FOR LIFE!

Dude, you're awesome!
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

Ninja Bearings
www.skateabsolute.com

Billy Bordy

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!

Post by Billy Bordy » Mon Aug 22, 2005 5:02 pm

Just got home to UT and my E-mail account only to find this video candy to make me happy! I got to go put my boards together and set a course.
ARRRGGGHHH I cant set a course because my cones and most of my skate gear., are lost in flight some where now I have a problem.. O-kay back to the video then.

mmmmm SLALOM

Nice work Tway!!!
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated

John Gilmour
Team Roe Racing
Team Roe Racing

vintage times

Post by John Gilmour » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:52 am

What were the vintage times because it was the only race I got to enter this year?- I need some analysis.

JG
One good turn deserves another
john gilmour

Billy Bordy

Fast

Post by Billy Bordy » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:49 am

JG

Your times were UBER fast.... fast enough to win worlds.....
Some of the best skating at the da farm and on a girls set up....

It was great to see..
Hopfully the snow comes fast!
2edges.

Billy
www.hardbooter.com
alpine dedicated

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:32 pm

Marty Schaub
Old LaCosta Boy
Old LaCosta Boy

Airtran

Post by Marty Schaub » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:59 pm

Hey 6.0 Farmers!!!!

I just saw on a travel website that I frequent that Airtran will begin serving White Plains in April of 06. Now that's gooooddd news. Maybe now the fares to WP will be competitive.
La Costa Boy For Life

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

farm 6.0

Post by William Tway » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:55 pm

Just wanted to give everyone interested in the Farm 6.0pen a little heads up on the possible dates for this year’s race. Right now it looks like the race is going to take place Aug. 11th and 12th. We are currently dealing with the town politicians and hope to get the dates finalized ASAP so we can post it up on the CC by mid May. Thus far, Bethel should be no problem but the South Salem Town Supervisor is hospitalized and will hopefully be back to work soon so we can this the show on the road.

Briefly, it will again be a two day event. GS on Friday and Dual Hybrid and Vintage on Sat. As always, expect something different stuffed somewhere in the mix.

Also, due to the nature of this event, only past participants will be invited to sign up for the race during the first week it's posted on the CC. Field will be limited to 56.

Further, there will be no minors permitted to camp w/o the supervision of a parent or guardian. Alcohol is strictly forbidden for anyone under 21.

We've been a bit lax in past years but as this event continues to grow, liability issues grow as well.

Let's make this one the best yet. Dinner will be served both Fri/Sat and lunch will be provided on the hill Sat. AND more crocks will be awarded for the various classes.

Crock on,

tway Joe TK

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Mon May 15, 2006 1:10 am

Mr. Tway - I thought Farm 6.0 was August 4th. US Nationals in Longmont, ColoRADo is August 18-20. Is it really going to be on August 12th now? Let us know the scoop...

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Thu May 18, 2006 11:07 pm

I really hope to come to this one..... 8)
No vestido para mi

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri May 19, 2006 4:15 am

Chris and everyone else,

Farm is a go for 8/11 & 12

Thursday before is a warm up race and dinner at my house in CT, The 2nd annual Wentzle Ruml China Cup challenge.

The Sunday after is a tour of New York so Texas Eddy and Gumby can look at the big buildings.

I'm sorry about the proximity to the CO race, but it's when we could get the hill in August. I hoping it will be a positive for the Euro crowd. They can hit two races on two weekends, with their first stop in a major NYC airport.

The sign up will go up soon with a period of time when Farm or Farm series only veterans can sign up.

More info soon (like dinner both nights, band, spokesmodels, pie...)

Joe

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

That sucks

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Fri May 19, 2006 5:39 am

Those dates will kill the farm. Dang

Chris Barker

Post by Chris Barker » Fri May 19, 2006 4:29 pm

Bummer. Sucks for Colorado.

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri May 19, 2006 5:45 pm

Full Disclosure;

We could have pushed the date out further into September, but want as many of our new riders (primary, secondary, and university students) to be able to attend without missing school.

I had hoped that my CO friends would still be into coming since they'll be "home" the following weekend. But if it's not possible, we'll all be very sad not to see you. I'll personaly poor some tequila on the ground and sprinkle some salt around it.

I hope CMC is wrong and moving the Farm one week doesn't "kill" the Farm. If it does you'll get to see TK, Tway, and I at more races, traveling with all the money we save by not throwing a race. :-)

Joe

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Fri May 19, 2006 8:25 pm

"but want as many of our new riders (primary, secondary, and university students) to be able to attend without missing school"

As far as I understood, the Farm race was one of the bigger races for the east coast of the year. Being a bigger race and my opinion, it seems like it would be of best interest to change the dates to accomodate some of the better riders that of which are coming out of Colorado and will be attending the Nationals.
I think if its so important for the "new" riders that they should get out and practice more and make an effort to show up at some of the lesser local series races. All this talk about every thing for the newbies, changing courses to accomodate the newbies--that's great and Im for it by all means...however, do not disreguard those who put the time in to practice and may not be newbies. I am a university student and I wont miss anything...now its about education?
Lets get back to the real facts. The real facts are that many of the racers who contribute to making the farm much more enjoyable from a spectator and competition viewpoint because of their skills will not be coming out to race it due to the fact of scheduling conflicts. Two big races, a rider should not have to choose but attend both. Look at your numbers. See who attended the farm last year. Then see which of those will be attending the Nationals. Chances are that you will lose those that are in the Nationals from scheduling conflicts. ??

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Fri May 19, 2006 9:45 pm

CMC,

We have permits and insurance for 8/11&12, so that is when the race will be. You can complain or discuss, but that is when the race will be.

It was my suggestion alone (so you can blame me) that we still try to have the race during summer vacation to accomodate students, parents of students, and teachers. That includes the Chapmans, Schwippert, Me and Nick, Marshall and Molly, Civ, Shaggy and Cherri, Wentzle, along with some new kids that I hope will be ready. PLEASE READ THAT AS PRACTICED AND READY FOR THE COURSE.

Also, please understand that the Farm will remain the premier slalom event on the East Coast. We will continue to set courses that suit medium to advance skills. It is not the Nationals, the Worlds, or the Intergalactic TV Championships. It's also not a beginers race. May we be a little sloppy? Might we give a new person another try they don't deserve? Hell yes, it's the Farm.

It's trite and over used, but you cannot fully appreciate what it takes to throw a race until you do. So walk a mile in my Vans before you call foul.

I've raced and partied with the COSS crew all over the world. NO ONE will miss them more than me. We don't know who is coming though until they sign up. On the flip side AKI has been in touch to say that our proximity to the Nationals may make it possible for him to attend the Farm. Perhaps we'll see a new crowd.

Please feel free to PM or call if you would like to discuss. I'd like to keep our on line conversations as positive as possible. We are looking to draw, not exclude new participation.

Respectfully,
Joe

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Fri May 19, 2006 10:27 pm

As far as I understood, the Farm race was one of the bigger races for the east coast of the year. Being a bigger race and my opinion, it seems like it would be of best interest to change the dates to accomodate some of the better riders that of which are coming out of Colorado and will be attending the Nationals.

YO,

How I wish it were that easy.

I apologize for your misunderstanding but the farm is not a bigger race. Matter of fact, it doesn’t even come close in comparison to the DC and never will. It's the same as it always was....a field limited to 56, a GS on Shady, a Hybrid/Vintage in Bethel in the middle of nowhere with maybe 15 spectators. As for the dates, we tried to keep it the same as the past 2 years but it wasn’t an option. These dates will certainly not kill the farm.

The biggest race on the East Coast is w/o argument the Dixie Cup. It is a very professionally run event with a very strong field with a lot of spectators in the middle of town. My personal favorite race on the tour. This just isn’t what the farm is about.

The Farm has never had many Pros or West Coasters in attendance…hell there are only about 4 or 5 declared pros on the east side. The sport is still super small and it’s not growing at an alarming rate. Plus traveling from the West is super costly right now and our race has always been for charity not for prize $. I suspect if I were a Pro on a limited budget, I'd go where the prize $ is which is the Buckeye Open.

If the COSS crew can't make it then that's sucks but we will play the cards we were dealt and make the best of it.. Our event was voted a Main event so we will provide 2 days of quality races with challenging courses which will not be newbie friendly. The outlaw series is for the newbie’s to prepare for the farm.

There will always be somebody who can't make a race. You can't accommodate everyone. Hell I can't go to Karl’s race this weekend due to my son's B-Day. I wish there were an easier solution but Aug. 11th and 12th are best we can do this year.

This years farm is gonna rock. You want some more pie…come and get it brother.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Fri May 19, 2006 11:00 pm

COSS will be well represented, don't worry.

Curt, it's nice to see you so active and interested this year; it's a benefit to our sport. But you've been relatively quiet the last few seasons which are really representative of the foundation of da Farm and the series that's developed around it. I, for one, am glad to have you as such a worthy competitive adversary, but chill out on da farm. I assure you, enough of COSS will be in NY/CT this August to keep you off the podium.

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat May 20, 2006 1:18 am

Bla bla bla..everyone has something to say. The point I am getting at is I wanted to attend both races, as do others, and now I have to choose. Until the Dixie Cup arrived, The Farm was one of the bigger or more hyped up races for the East.
Joe, I started and organized the ECES for alpine snowboarding which the event attracted over 80 particpants, lasted 6 days and covered terrain across varied states. I know what its like.
Tway, I will continue to consume pie. Please make the next one strawberry bananna.
Noah, I have always enjoyed racing with you. Let's not worry about coss keeping me off the podium. Lets worry about CMC keeping you off the podium. Results:
CMC – 16.660
Noah – 16.805
13 – 16.993
Troy – 17.916
There is a direct correlation with those who practice and get better. Im out for blood this season and Im not getting slower. Looking forward to racing with all of you. See you at the race in the am ;)

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat May 20, 2006 1:24 am

It was my suggestion alone (so you can blame me)

Ok Joe, thanks. Now I know where to throw my pie tomorrow hehe and tell your son the massage therapist will not be present to soothe his aching muscles.

Noah Heinle
Noah

Post by Noah Heinle » Sat May 20, 2006 2:34 am

Well, I guess it's good for me that you can't go to both races. At least I'll fininsh ahead of you at one then. pua

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat May 20, 2006 3:26 am

It was my suggestion alone (so you can blame me)

Hey Noah,
I
ve had some time to think this over. We have had some good years of racing and I have always enjoyed seeing you at the races from as far back as the Storrow drive races maybe earlier.
Now Step in Joe I. who according to the Sausage King Karlingus ("Maybe I'd let you set the course but in boston we already had one molasses disaster") and starts trouble with the improper Farm dates and causes a commotion amongst East and West participants, more importantly between us. What is this guy? Busting up friendships because he is to blame for shitty dates? Im not falling for it. From here on in, stand with me, and Ill see to it that this Icosmelli character gets a face full of pie(like in the movies) Joe..you did ask for it ;)

Paul Pellerin

Da Farm

Post by Paul Pellerin » Sat May 20, 2006 6:34 am

All this bitching is getting really old. The second race of the Outlaw Farm Series is tomorrow/today and already we have skidded back to last year's blow-up. It's too early in the season for this crap. Keep it positive and fun.

I'm hosting the July contest in Maine. Since it's the final race before the FARM, I'm trying to make it as difficult as possible for the advanced racers. I have found an ideal location (renovated high school/park complex). It has several hills (GS /HS & TS courses possible), asphalt 9/10 or 10/10, etc... Joe I and Gilmour will be checking out the site next weekend. I'm talking with the town about a permit and closing the road down for a day or two. Ideally, two days would be great with three different courses. The HS and TS would have two levels so the advanced racers will be tested by a Gilmour set course. If I gain access to this one gated hill, you can expect a very, very steep T/S. I described the hill to Gilmour and he was foaming over the phone. Could this bring JG out of retirement? Curt you will be tested. Since this is Maine in July, the pie will be seafood and strawberry.

Tway are those start ramps still looking for a home?

Due to tax season, annual after tax season flu, and 2 plus weeks of rain, I have not practiced. But I'm still going to the race tomorrow. I will more than likely hit way too many cones and piss someone off. However, Karl has arranged for cheer leader coneheads, so I intend to criddle every single cone. Curt enjoy video.

See you at the top of the hill.

Leonardo Ojeda
Venezuelan Racer
Venezuelan Racer

Post by Leonardo Ojeda » Sat May 20, 2006 8:54 am

Paul do you have any tentatives date for this race?

its anyone have come up with the farm race calendar?
are we doing VT and CT again this year?
"I`ll see you at the end of the hill"

Curt DeBartolo
CMC
CMC

Post by Curt DeBartolo » Sat May 20, 2006 11:05 am

Paul, if its a challenging hill..bring it... . I love a Gilmour set course more than anything, with him and Brammer setting most of the courses while I was learning slalom. Ive often thought how sweet it would be if John or Eric could be the official course setters for the series. To see more challenging courses as a progression is a step in a great direction for the series as it will also step up the rider's abilities.
I will enjoy the cheer leader video, bending over to pick up your cones, hopefully they just turned 18 haha. If cheer leaders were the cone heads at every race, who wouldnt criddle? Fun and joke aside, you know what I meant about practicing. See you in Needham.

Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels
Adam Daniels

Post by Adam Daniels » Sat May 20, 2006 11:33 pm

the dress looks less and less scary....
No vestido para mi

Paul Pellerin

Farm

Post by Paul Pellerin » Mon May 22, 2006 6:46 pm

The tentative dates are July 15th weekend or July 22nd weekend. Once Joe I and Gilmour approve of the hill(s). I will start working on the details, dates, times, one or two day race etc...

Curt, I knew what you meant about practicing. I wish I had more time to practice. It's fun just to race and hang out. However, I really enjoy watching the racers that do practice and seeing how fast they have become.

I will post regularly regarding the race details starting next week.

Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell
Laura Bissell

Post by Laura Bissell » Thu May 25, 2006 11:11 pm

I'm so there. With bells on.
i wanna go fast