Possible North Carolina Race Venue...Advise Needed

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Marion Karr
www.downhillbillies.org
www.downhillbillies.org

Possible North Carolina Race Venue...Advise Needed

Post by Marion Karr » Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:39 pm

One of the long term goals of the DownHill Billies is to host a slalom race here in North Carolina. So far our informal jams have been great because they have combined slalom and longboarding in one venue. The majority of our membership are longboarders and downhillers but our slalom numbers are increasing. We hope to find a site where we can combine the two however we have come up with an idea I want to run past you slalom gurus out there. Within 35 minutes drive of Statesville, near the much larger Winston-Salem is a park called Hobby Park. It has a killer mountain bike trail where I used to race and events are still held. It also has a remote control airplane and car area. The most exiting feature for us though is the Soap Box Derby hill! From what we can tell the surface has been maintained well and it has what appears to be a great run out. I am planning on riding over there tomorrow to check it out and hopefully run some cones on it. I have called the Parks and Rec Dept to begin exploring the possibility of using it for an event. Here is a couple of picture I downloaded off the net:

What do you guys think of this idea? I need as much information as I can get about what it would take to put an event together.

Please email or post any suggestions you may have!

Marion Karr
North Carolina Longboarder
Proud Member of DownHill Billies

"Fueling the Stoke One Hillbilly at a Time!"
Marion Karr DHB
DHB WORLD HEADQUARTERS
Sk8sville, North Carolina

HEADBLADE
<br>www.headblade.com

<br>LUCKY 13 TATTOO STUDIO<br>
www.luckythirteentattoo.com<br>
Ninja Bearings