NYC Bank Slalom, Nov 2002

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Brian Morris

NYC Bank Slalom, Nov 2002

Post by Brian Morris » Sat Oct 19, 2002 5:52 am

Does anybody know how the course is gonna be set up at the Redbull Bank race in Brooklyn? I dunno if i should practice with the Bahne or the S9??

"Brain"
Wobbler

William Tway
Timing Guru
Timing Guru

Post by William Tway » Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:23 pm

Last edited by William Tway on Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:20 am

That's sick! please post some more pics of the course! Must have been fun as hell riding it, or?

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:47 pm

Marcus Seyffarth wrote:That's sick! please post some more pics of the course! Must have been fun as hell riding it, or?
Here's a <a target=_blank href="http://www.users.cloud9.net/~wbtway/wese.MPG ">video</a> of me riding the course.

The banks were the best built skate structures that I've ever been on. The surface is Skatelite 3000 (I think) and is the vanguard of grippyness & speed.

After the race was over, we got as much time as we wanted to free ride the banks.

Thanks, Noah and Tway, for providing this vid and the pics.

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:08 am

your board is custom ... needed a tail and cut it in a newschool ?

Etienne de Bary
Etienne
Etienne

Post by Etienne de Bary » Thu Nov 21, 2002 4:37 pm

(question in previous post is adressed to WesE after seeing the video)

Dan Parrish

Post by Dan Parrish » Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:22 am

Anyone hear anything about a Bklyn Banks '93?

Last year's was a hoot- got me back into skating and into slalom. I hope it's going to be held again.
If so, are you coming Brian?!!

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:59 pm

Dan, another Urban Waves race is being planned, but it might not be in the same geographical area. All I know is that they want us to <a target=_blank href="http://www.redbullurbanwaves.com">“stay tuned”</a>. It would be great if they had it in NYC again.

Red Bull is my favorite energy drink.

Etienne, I’m sorry for missing your question. I was not sure what you meant. If your message was asking how I put the kicktail on the board - I made a ‘wedge-tail’ by gluing a piece of door molding to the top of the deck, at the end of it.

Wes Eastridge
WesE
WesE

Post by Wes Eastridge » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:34 am

Damm. I miss riding those Red Bull banks in Brooklyn. I was hoping Red Bull would come through again, but I haven’t heard anything newer than the “RED BULL URBAN WAVES 2003 NEWS AND INFO COMING SOON!” statement on the event’s website. This event seemed very appropriate for the cold, occationally winterlike weather, since traction doesn't play a major roll.

Dan Parrish

Bad News

Post by Dan Parrish » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:54 am

Wes, I've been itching to ride those ramps again since the last run I took WHILE they were being dismantled last year.
Unfortunately, I have some bad "news". A contact with Red Bull emailed me ...

No plans for Urban Waves 2003 or 2004 right now. Red Bull put most of their money into Flugtag this year, the human powered flight machine competitions. I know that some of the ramps were donated to a skatepark but don't have any details. Believe me, if I had my way I'd be on the road with those ramps 24/7!

I still have all the competitors emails and will send out a note when I hear something.

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGHH!!!!!!Image

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:29 pm

I spoke to our Red Bull rep Eddie Tanner about the slalom/skate communities interest in holding an Urban Wave event on the campus of Ole Miss or Miss State. He was stoked on the idea. He said he would look into it. I guess that's my answer.