[FCR 2002] World Championship Results (updated)

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

[FCR 2002] World Championship Results (updated)

Post by Adam Trahan » Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:10 am

Here are the results in Acrobat PDF format...

Open Giant Slalom

Open Tight Slalom

Pro Giant Slalom

Pro Tight Slalom

ur13

Post by ur13 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:02 am

good god! Actual times from an FCR race! I thought these were secret. So secret only FCR could see them.

WOW!!!

Thanks whoever got this done finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:24 pm

Thanks Adam for posting these.
Chris, as you may have noticed there are hundreds of things to do before, during and after a contest. We have worked all year long on getting the results and times posted sooner. We hope to do an even better job next year.

ur13

Post by ur13 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:40 pm

jack,
I know, I know....I know posting times are low priority. Maybe consider next year some kind of digital scoreboard above the decks behind the start ramps? I know those things can be costly but it would be great for 2 reasons. Racers can imediately see their raw times and know walking up the hill what is what. Secondly spectators can see the times, sorta like seeing the score of a game, it gets them more into it.

Even simple 4-6" "00.000" readouts for each lane set behind respective starting gates would be great. TK has a timer from HG that has a 4" letter readout, double that and you got it.

Even those scrolling LED things yous ee in stores might do the job for each lane, AND those work in low light.

Point is is that racers need to know there times, more on the hill than after the fact (though I dig anazlyzing things). There must be some way for FCR to get that done for next season.

Ricky Byrd
ByrdDog
ByrdDog

Post by Ricky Byrd » Fri Oct 18, 2002 10:36 pm

Thanks for getting those posted Jack.

I knew mine and Cliff's race was close, one of the closest of the day in the Open class.

Cool!

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri Oct 18, 2002 11:05 pm

It is an honor and a pleasure Jack.

You were very nice, genuinely (sp?) so to Amanda and I. I really appreciate your hospitality. It's nice when people stand up for what they believe in and everything works out isn't it?

I did receive the PDF files from Jani. Perhaps in the future, we could get the Excel file or what ever program Mr.Gesmer is using for results and I will post for all the racers reference.

Thank you again.
On 2002-10-17 12:24, Jack Smith wrote:
Thanks Adam for posting these.
Chris, as you may have noticed there are hundreds of things to do before, during and after a contest. We have worked all year long on getting the results and times posted sooner. We hope to do an even better job next year.

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Sat Oct 19, 2002 7:19 am

Chris,
We would have loved to had digital readouts this year. However, after spending $18,000 on the timing system, we couldn't afford the additional 8K for the displays that would work with our system.

I do get weary of racers telling me what racers need. Please remember I was a racer once also.

We did our best.

Dan Hughes
Dan Hughes
Dan Hughes

Post by Dan Hughes » Tue Oct 22, 2002 5:26 am

I really appreciated getting access to the times, thanks so much! Now, I'm wondering what the possibility is of getting the times for Breckenridge and Hood River?
Thanks again for a great season of racing!
dan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dan hughes on 2002-10-21 23:27 ]</font>

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Tue Oct 22, 2002 6:05 pm

Dan,

I will host and post ANY records that are submitted to SlalomSkateboarder.com

Thanks for the response, there are a lot more of you who want these records as well.

It's just a matter of getting FCR to forward the information to slalomskateboarder.com They know that I will do this, now I simply wait for the race records.

adam trahan
On 2002-10-21 23:26, dan hughes wrote:
I really appreciated getting access to the times, thanks so much! Now, I'm wondering what the possibility is of getting the times for Breckenridge and Hood River?
Thanks again for a great season of racing!
dan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dan hughes on 2002-10-21 23:27 ]</font>

Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier
Claude Regnier

Post by Claude Regnier » Tue Oct 22, 2002 7:55 pm

Is there anyway as to see the Friday. Qualifier and Racing Results as well.

There was some very good racing going on and some racers who were fast enough failed to advance because of the format.

I was fortunate to have had a chance to race in Morro on Sunday but others did not and deserve to let the World and themselves know just how well they did.

Sincerely,

Thanks again for everything. Talk about a roller coaster ride of emotions. We can talk about the drive to and from another time :smile: .

CKnuck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Claude Regnier on 2002-10-22 13:57 ]</font>

Daniel Poweleit

Post by Daniel Poweleit » Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:29 am

Hello!

I come from Berlin / Germany and here we are some slalomskaters just for fun.

Often we are discussing about times and courses and we never come to a satisfying result.

Now you post this PDF-File with all this time results.

For us it would be great if someone could post the course settings for these times.

Then discussing could have an end. And perhaps it would be better to give up slalomskating. :smile:

Thanks a lot

Daniel

Andy Bittner
GBJ
GBJ

Post by Andy Bittner » Sat Nov 02, 2002 2:26 pm

As one of the people who set courses for FCR this year, I can tell you that most of this year's courses were set organically, relative to the hill and the conditions. I set the course on Sunday at the World Championships in Morro Bay, and I couldn't even tell you how many cones there were. What I can tell you is that no measuring tapes were used in the process of designing the course, only in the setting down of the duplicate, dual racing course. Cone spacings ranged from the 6' vicinity at the top of the course, to as much as 12' offsetting around some of the stuff in the intersection.

I guess, if we had all the time in the world, we could've graphed the position of every cone, but were we able to give it to you, what would you do with it? You don't have the same hill, or the same three-fold crown in the road. It'd be like if I could happen to give you the exact gate spacings from a FIS World Cup Slalom event (alpine skiing). Even if you had a hill to set it up on, you still wouldn't have the course that was set at the real race, for that particular hill.

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. In the meanwhile, just keep going as fast as you can!

Daniel Poweleit

Post by Daniel Poweleit » Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:43 pm

Thank you Andy, for your explanation.

This is alright. I did not knew that the slalom was run in those conditions (hills etc.)

As I have explaned above we always discuss about our times. Are we fast or slow or, or or....

I had the hope that we could get somes times to compare with. We all are doing it just for
fun. But you know how it is when five men are going down the hill! :smile:

Thanks

Daniel

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:25 am

Hey!

If you just would like to get a hint of how fast you are maybe you could try out the cyber challange. I'm not sure how many that really do their best and post results or how accurate the comparison is, but it sure is a good idea anyway. At least I think so... read more about it at <a href="http://www.ncdsa.com/cyber_slalom.asp">NCDSA</a>

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Nov 04, 2002 2:54 pm

If it is of any help I can say that the Sunday course in Morro Bay was either 49 or 50 cones long. I counted the cones and came to 49 and thought I missed one in the count... I'm not sure. Remember also that the time was taken from to top of the ramp and not from the first cone. Also the finish line was a few meters after the last cone. All of these factors (and the others that Adny mentioned) together makes it difficult to compare, but it could still give you and idea of cones/second or something similar.

The Cyberslalom challenge of NCDSA.com is a great idea, but it may not have been updated by all the best skaters recently. I think many of the top racers prefer to keep their times to themselves and show it all only on the race day. But do use it as a reference, it's the best method we have.

Judi Oyama
JudiO
JudiO

Post by Judi Oyama » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:38 pm

Where are the women's results for the World Championships? Would like to know the final times for Friday, Saturday and Sunday if possible.
thanks. Judi