[2004] Colorado Cup

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

[2004] Colorado Cup

Post by Jack Smith » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:38 pm

Listen up slalom racers, the Colorado Cup event was a class act.

The tight slalom hill has the best surface I have ever raced on, the pitch was perfect, making for very fast racing.

The GS hill was amazing, it is as least as wide, if not a bit wider than La Costa. Once again, the surface and pitch were sweet. And the Colorado Crew even ordered up a tailwind.

The courses were fun and fast.

Both of these hills are world class, as was the organization and running of the event. Perhaps even more important was the vibe of the event, the Colorado racers besides being fast, truly love racing and it shows through in their attitudes. Sportsmanship was at it's highest level. Except, when I caught Mitchell pouring beer in my bearings before our GS matchup, just kidding, it was an accident. Jason even offered to let me pour some beer in his bearings.

It was great to see some racers that I hadn't seen since the Van's parking lot race a few year years ago.

Don't miss next year's Colorado Cup

I am one lucky hombre, I'm traveling and racing more now than I did during my first slalom go 'round back in the 70's. A big thanks to Mark McCree of Radikal Racing Trucks who makes it possible for me to attend these events. I would also like to thank Dan Gesmer of 3DM and Chris Chaput of ABEC11 who are kind enough to keep me in wheels, and allow for my wacky wheel combo experiments.

And most of all, I thank my lovely wife Maurine, who understands and supports my involvement in slalom skateboard racing.