[FCR 2002] What is in store for next year?

North American Slalom Races & Results

Moderators: Jonathan Harms, Lynn Kramer, Chris Cousineau, Maria Carrasco, Russel Cantor

Gareth Roe
RoeRacing Team Captain
RoeRacing Team Captain

[FCR 2002] What is in store for next year?

Post by Gareth Roe » Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:20 am

Jack, Don, & John -
I realize that this season has not even come to a close yet and there is still a whole lot of racing going on. BUT... I have to ask the question..."are you guys, FCR, planning anything for next year? Curious minds want to know! I know that I am not the only one who is wondering.

And last, but certainly not least, THANK YOU for all of the hard work you guys have put into this years series. Truly amazing! I haven't had this much fun since I was a teenager. Racing in the FCR series has certainly been one of the highlights of my life.

Sincerely
Gareth

Adam Trahan
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA

Post by Adam Trahan » Fri Nov 01, 2002 11:18 pm

Uhh, I hope that these guys answer your question here Gareth...

Rene Carrasco
TEAM CARRASCO
TEAM CARRASCO

Post by Rene Carrasco » Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:24 am

I know there's people out there, reading this- who may not be competing in this sport, activley- well, I just wanted to say publicly, that from what I experienced racing in the Morro Bay World Championship- the FCR people put on one heck of a race!

I also observed how tirelessly they work, their friendliness and professionalism- and with that - encourage you out there, who have been practicing; if you feel like you're getting good enough to compete- come out and support and compete with this fine organizations' contests! You will be helping the sport of slalom racing grow , and experience that neat camraderie you find in sports!

Competing again, reminds me of how fun it can be again- the excitement I used to feel skateboarding back in the 1960's and 1970's! ...Makes ya feel like a million bucks- and that makes your life feel more HAPPIER! Isn't that what we're all looking for in life?

Just wanted to express my gratitude to FCR.

.....I'm practicing with the Brown Bomber-{Richy C.}, also the SSS, keepin' tuned up doin' the WLAC races, and anxiously looking forward to NEXT YEAR'S FCR SEASON ! ! !

.....Adios, -Rene'-TEAM CARRASCO BROTHERS.
RENE CARRASCO for - SK8KINGS.COM - Abec 11 Wheels - Tracker Trucks - Khiro Skateboard Products - Nitro Racing Bearings - Vans Skate Shoes !

Jack Smith
Morro Bay Skate legend
Morro Bay Skate legend

Post by Jack Smith » Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:16 am

We are currently putting together our sponsorship package for next season. Thanks to all this year's sponsors and to the racers.

David Hackett
Deathbox
Deathbox

Post by David Hackett » Thu Dec 19, 2002 5:22 pm

I AM SURE THE FCR SERIES NEXT YEAR WILL BE UNREAL - I CAN'T WAIT!

UNTIL THEN, IF ANY OF YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT, AND ARE DYING TO TEST YOUR SKILLS BEFORE THE FIRST FCR EVENT....I SUGGEST THIS:

DEATHBOX /OSIRIS EXPRESSION SESSION II
PARK PARTY AND PRO PARK SLALOM EVENT

DATE AND TIME: Friday, January 24th, 2003, 7PM-12AM
ENTRY: Open, Pro
FORMAT: Park Slalom
ORGANIZER: Black Leather Racing
SPONSORS: Deathbox Skateboards, Osiris Shoes, Gravity Boarding Company, RedBull
MAP: http://www.skatelab.com/contact/location.php
ENTRY FEE: $20.00 (Limited to first 60 contestants only)
CONTEST INFO: Deathbox Expression Session II Park Party and Pro Park Slalom Event

This event will be held during the January ASR tradeshow weekend on the night of Friday,
January 24rth, 2003 from 7PM – 12AM.

ENTRY FEE: Entry fee is $20 per racer. Due to time restrictions, registration is on a first come, first serve basis- Limited to the first 60 racers who show up and throw down the $20.00 cash only entry fee. Absolutely NO exceptions.

PRIZES AND AWARDS: Cash prizes, plus trophies will be awarded to the top three places; (monies from all entries will be used for top 3 places). Ribbons, and or medals will be awarded to places 4th through 10th.

THE COURSE: The course will be fast, dangerous, challenging, and diverse. It will merge many disciplines of riding including slalom, street, obstacle, bank, and vertical. There will be 10 to 25 cones placed strategically throughout the course. You will need a bowl or vert board set up to be competitive.

PRACTICE: Practice on the course will be open, and will start at 7PM SHARP. Practice will be approximately one hour before the start of the race. Due to a tight time schedule, the race will start at 8PM SHARP. Any practice runs after the announcement that practice is over, will result in disqualification. Absolutely NO exceptions.

SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Safety equipment is up to the rules and regulations of the Skatelab facility. Helmets are mandatory. Your race number will be attached to your helmet. All racers enter this race at their own risk and agree to release Skatelab, Deathbox Skateboards, Osiris Shoes, and Black Leather Racing of any liability resulting from any injuries what-so-ever at this event for any reason.

RACING FORMAT: Each racer will be given two runs. The fastest time, including cone penalties, will be used to determine the victor. Cone penalty and DQ penalty will be established and announced at the racers meeting before the race. You will be able to push through this course, anywhere you can to increase your speed.

COMPETITION SCHEDUAL:

Friday January 24rth, 2003:
7:00pm Open Pro practice (One hour)
8:00pm Racers meeting
8:15pm Race Starts
11:15 -11:30pm Race Ends (Hopefully)
11:30pm – 12:00 am Awards Ceremony / Park Closes

BE THERE WITH YOUR RACE FACE ON!