[2009] First Spanish Skateboard Slalom Championships, May 31

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

[2009] First Spanish Skateboard Slalom Championships, May 31

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:20 pm

Sport association Madrid Old School Skaters (MOSS), with the support of Gravity, Vans, Red Bull, Caribbean, Santa Cruz, Independent, lachicadelacurva and many more, presents the First Spanish Skateboard Slalom Championships which will be held –weather permitting- form 9:00 to 19:00 on May 31st in Paseo de Camoens (Parque del Oeste), Madrid.

The competition will consist on a series of Skateboard Slalom races (Initiation, Straight, Special), plus a Longboard Freestyle event. On top of racing and competition, we will have music, entertainment and merchandising, courtesy of our sponsors. It’ll be a big skateboard party!

Competition is already open for inscriptions at http://campeonatoslalom.blogspot.com/ (in Spanish). All skaters no matter skill level, age or sex are welcome. There will be special prizes for girls and juniors.

Our aim is to consolidate this championship over time. We are currently also organizing a Spanish Slalom Circuit, of which this event would be the first race. We also aim to include this event into the ISSA circuit in the near future.

For further details, check our inscriptions page, send us an email to slalom.moss@gmail.com

Madrid Old Skool Skaters (MOSS) is a non for profit sport association registered in the Comunidad de Madrid. It was funded and it is run by skaters to promote and improve skateboarding’ social perception and return to its original values: enjoyment, sensations, community, ecology and respect. More information at www.mossclub.es

www.40sk8.com
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:23 pm

Muito bom mesmo, estarei presente. Vou reservar minha passagem AGORA!!!

Viva Espanha!!

PAGO:

Transaction ID: 99R71759009787112
The payment for your purchase from Agrupación Deportiva Madrid Old Skool Skaters has been completed.

Keep this Receipt ID and contact information in case you need to contact the merchant or PayPal. PayPal has also emailed a receipt of this transaction to you.

Pablo Ballester

Post by Pablo Ballester » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:14 am

Hey Flavio!
Nice to see you in Madrid! great party sure.
Thnks!

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:54 pm

Pablo Ballester wrote:Hey Flavio!
Nice to see you in Madrid! great party sure.
Thnks!
I am looking forward to it!

Can you guys provide a list of good and reasonably priced hotels, near by the competition site?
by the way I watched the videos and the location looks great.

Can't wait for my Gambas and a nice Rioja!!!!!
Last edited by Flavio Badenes on Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo Ballester

Post by Pablo Ballester » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:05 pm

Ok I think this is the closest 700 m down the street, we are in the middle of the big green Parque del Oeste
www.t3tirol.com
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source= ... 8&t=h&z=16

But in that zone you have a lot of, even a youth hostel very close too
http://www.reaj.com/info-albergue.asp?id=114

David Rudnianski
LTC
LTC

Post by David Rudnianski » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:56 pm

I have to go to Madrid.. This is a good reason too!
French Pirates are in the place...
www.riderz.net
http://pirateslalom.online.fr/
Politic Longboard Activist...

Pablo Ballester

Post by Pablo Ballester » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:01 pm

Sorry guys but Inscription closed at this moment., anyway you´re welcome for all

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:50 pm

Gracias Pablo

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Tue May 26, 2009 5:07 pm

I just checked the weather report for this coming week-end in Madrid.

S U N N Y all the way !!!!!!!!!

Friday 32 C, Saturday 34 C, Sunday 32 C, Monday 31 C

That together with the food, people and scene really appeal to me as one of the top destinations in Europe to go to.

HASTA VIERNES!!!

Pablo Ballester

Post by Pablo Ballester » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:38 am

Just finished our first grand slalom Championship, and we´re excited cause everything it´s ok, Thanks to Flavio, guys like him you can´t find a lot, thanks for you experience and support, so happy to have you with us racing in this hot very hot Madrid.
Thanks again for the base.

Next one we hope to have a lot of forum members racing with us.....

Antonio Saluena
Antonio S.
Antonio S.

Madrid

Post by Antonio Saluena » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:18 am

I will come next time for sure!

Ricardo Damborenea

Post by Ricardo Damborenea » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 pm

We finally had a beautiful hot day (31ºC) and a hot competition!

58 riders from all over Spain, from Uruguay, Ireland and Brazil competed in this big skate party in the beautiful spot of Parque del Oeste in Madrid.

Music, DJs and beautiful hostesses where courtesy of Red Bull. Welleventos provided gourmet Catering. Caribbean shop, a fingerboard skatepark for the kids. Sancheski, beautiful decks as trophies. Starting ramps where courtesy of FortRate & Lush Longboards. More than 3.000 euros in prizes for winners were provided by Vans, Gravity, Sancheski, Sector9, Santa Cruz, Independent and lachicadelacurva. Timing (trackmate system) was courtesy of Diego and myself.

We had slalom competition for Beginners and AM, the latter in Straight and Special formats. We had dual-duel finals for Beginners, Jrs and Girls (4 riders), Straight & Special (16 riders).

Results were:

Beginners:
1. Alvaro Lopez-Cortijo
2. Alejandro Oliver
3. Nahum Linares

Jrs:
1. Daniel Navarro
2. Alvaro Lopez-Cortijo
3. Juan Labad

Girls:
1. Natalia Oliete
2. Raquel Santos
3. Bea Rio Soria

Straight:
1. Pablo Ballester
2. Santiago Perez "MadSurfer"
3. Ricardo Damborenea
9. Flavio Badenes

Special:
1. Ricardo Damborenea
2. Alvaro Aguirre
3. Pablo Ballester
11. Flavio Badenes

Photos and video will follow shortly
Skate Hard While You Can

www.40sk8.com www.mossclub.es

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:58 pm

Ricardo and all the MOSS CREW

First of all MUCHAS GRACIAS!! for the great contest.

What a bunch of nice people I met!!

What a flawless, well organized contest, super-friendly and not a drop of hassling or bad vibes at any moment.

I really felt embraced when some of you would come up to me and ask me if I found that the contest was at the desired international level.
****Guys it was beyond it. Very good indeed****

Congrats to all the winners.

The cones judges, worked very hard under a blasting sunshine and 31C heat.

Let's not forget the very brave chicas trying to take-off from the starting-ramps.

The Viking Bothers, Pablo, Javier (both of them) were super friendly, so were the many other people I met but whose names I unfortunately can not remember. Please forgive me. You are too many to mention anyways.

You were all great.

Besides the contest, Madrid RULED. Great place, good prices and what a gastronomic experience.

I will certainly be back.

Hasta Luego!!!!!

Ricardo Damborenea

Post by Ricardo Damborenea » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Thanks, Flavio! A pleasure having you here

Here a little example of what went on at the Parque del Oeste:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXSbV4EH4rY

More video and photos in the pipeline
Skate Hard While You Can

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:21 pm

sorry to say that,but.....
somethings fishy here.
why is it that there is not just one name under the top 3 riders that is not of spanish origin?

i would bet my ass that a few other skaters would have shown up there for sure
how many people have been competing there?

Ricardo Damborenea

Post by Ricardo Damborenea » Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:04 am

On the number of riders, please read the previous posts to find the answer. Is there.

On the "fish", yes. Big fish. We set up a conspiracy not to allow a foreigner become the first Champion of Spain (uh?). We were flooded with hundreds of registration requests from all over the world -including yours, Donald- since we opened resitration on April 20th, but we discarded them all but Flavio's. Everybody wanted to come to our event in this recession times despite the fact there was no Pro cathegory, no prize money, no ISSA sanction and no points for the world ranking.

C'mon, Donald....

We'd have loved to have more non spanish based riders. The fact is we only got 6 requests of info from riders outside spain (one of them a Pro), and only 2 tried to register (1 once we had registration closed). We thank them all, as they were very supportive and gave us good advice to make this event a success. Being our first, we focused this non-for-profit event mostly on the local riders, while also admitting -of course- foreign riders.

Let me give you an alternative headline: "first spanish slalom championship in 30 years manages to attract 58 (fifty-eight!) riders and top level sponsors". Isn't this a better one for the development of the sport?

Ah! And if you and others want to come to the 2nd slalom competition in Spain, it's happening in beautiful Barcelona this weekend. So if you all don't come and afterwards see a lot of spanish names in the rankings, don't cry "fish": it's just that you didn't come, ok? :-). More info in:

http://www.movistarbarcelonaextreme.com/index.aspx

Very likely there'll be a third one in the north this summer. We'll keep you posted.
Skate Hard While You Can

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:32 pm

Ricardo Damborenea wrote:no ISSA sanction and no points for the world ranking.
Ricardo, all events qualify for ISSA World Ranking points regardless of ISSA sanction. The sanction process is just a way to obtain more points. Please publish the full results here and email a copy to Corky (corkyswe AT yahoo.com). It'll be fantastic to incorporate the 57 Spanish riders in the 2009 ranking. And Bravo Flavio for travelling down there! I'm a kind of collector of slalom countries, so I must find a good opportunity when I can join you for an event! Hmm, haven't been to Holland either for an event. That's on my list too now!

/Jani

Ricardo Damborenea

Post by Ricardo Damborenea » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:49 pm

Thanks Jani. We didn't know that. We are newbies, you know :-). I'll send Corky the full results and will also publish them here (if I can find a way...)
Skate Hard While You Can

Ricardo Damborenea

Post by Ricardo Damborenea » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Here are the full results. Please select "presentation mode" view for better reading

http://issuu.com/dambor/docs/clasificaciones2

Thanks and regards
Skate Hard While You Can

Joe Iacovelli

Post by Joe Iacovelli » Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:09 pm

Mig and I are coming next year, good luck hiding from us. We WILL find you!

Congratulations on your contest. Sounds like it was great.

(I could promise a lot of international participants if we could throw tomatoes or race with bulls - Spain rocks!)

Joe

Flavio Badenes
Flavio
Flavio

Post by Flavio Badenes » Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:40 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:
Ricardo Damborenea wrote:no ISSA sanction and no points for the world ranking.
Ricardo, all events qualify for ISSA World Ranking points regardless of ISSA sanction. The sanction process is just a way to obtain more points. Please publish the full results here and email a copy to Corky (corkyswe AT yahoo.com). It'll be fantastic to incorporate the 57 Spanish riders in the 2009 ranking. And Bravo Flavio for travelling down there! I'm a kind of collector of slalom countries, so I must find a good opportunity when I can join you for an event! Hmm, haven't been to Holland either for an event. That's on my list too now!

/Jani

Jani I can only say that Spain was great!
Do come over to Holland ! You are very welcome here.

We will have our contest on 5,6 th September and of course we will keep everybody posted.

Marcus Seyffarth

results

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:13 pm

Hey!

I'm sorry for working so slow. But here are the results http://www.worldcupranking.com/live

The special uses the same qualification as the straight and there are only Am special results.
I also have not put the "beginner" class online yet, I guess I have to put another event up for them. Please check it out and let me know if you find any errors.

/Marcus