[2003][Pre-announcement] Paris, France: May 24 - 25, 2003

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

[2003][Pre-announcement] Paris, France: May 24 - 25, 2003

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:30 pm

Unfortunately it cannot be confirmed yet, but we are planning an event at the Trocadero for May 24-25.

Tight slalom (dual)
Giant slalom (not dual)
+ Longboard slide contest

The application is in all the appropriate places, but no green light has been given yet.

We'll do our best and we keep our fingers crossed that it all goes well. But don't book your tickets just yet. No authorization means no contest (at this date).

We'll keep you posted as soon as we've got confirmations. Sorry that it'll be rather short notice for far-away travellers.
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Sat Apr 10, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vlad Popov
Moscow-Washington
Moscow-Washington

Post by Vlad Popov » Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:40 pm

East Coast to Paris $207-258
CA to Paris $277
Travelocity.com
Two-way.

Bruce Brewington
Wall Street Racing
Wall Street Racing

Post by Bruce Brewington » Thu Apr 10, 2003 7:42 pm

Jani...quick question. Are these dates sort of solid or is there a chance that they could be moved closer to the June 21/22 contest date for the Grueningen race in Switzerland, so that some of the US racers (me) could stay in Europe for a week or so to compete in both races. Just wanted to check

thanks

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Apr 10, 2003 8:30 pm

Interesting you should ask that question.

What I heard yesterday from the main organizer is that most likely Monday they will get their go-ahead or not.

Possible dates are May 24-25 or June 14-15, so your wish could come true.

I think that May 24 is terribly close so maybe even I will start to hope for June 14-15.

I hope I can give more news Monday.
All is unofficial so far, the guys running it (I'm just helping) want to keep silent about it until it is official, but I think it helps with a little bit of rumour spreading...

PS. I hope you have enjoyed your frontpage photo at this site. It'll be gone in a few hours or tomorrow...

/Jani

Joachim Leonhardt
LeonhardtART
LeonhardtART

Post by Joachim Leonhardt » Sun Apr 13, 2003 2:29 am

June 14-15 - is better, because our US race friend can be on TWO races !!

That would be great fun !

Hoping that all things are on the right way ;') .

Your Team mate,
Joe
SlaomEuroRacing - Team
We are promoting Slalom !

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Apr 16, 2003 8:29 pm

Still no firm news, but my colleagues believe it will be a yes, as No's normally come faster that Yes's. A good sign is that the Police has been informed, so it is leaning in the right direction.

We are all really sorry about this delay, but we knew Paris is a difficult place for getting the proper authorization. Next year we'll have more experience and more time for advance application and announcements.

Still those that decide to make it here will not be disappointed. The site is magnificient and we guarantee a good crowd.

I was skating there an hour on Sunday and the place was almost full with people, most just hanging around, enjoying the sun, listening to music, reading a book. Imagine when the race is on. The crowd will be all over!

Three disciplines planned:

Straight dual slalom
Special dual slalom
Giant (single course)

Rules will be the ISSA rules with a few modifications. See http://www.pcpal.se/issa for the current 1995 rules.

Hopefully more news will come soon!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Apr 19, 2003 3:48 pm

Although the official authorization is still not available, the core group of organizers believe it hard enough to start spreading information about the event. It is mostly in French while they are working it out, but you can get a glimpse of it on the site:

http://www.riderz.net/site-troca

Overview pictures of the site:

Seen from above this is the left side, where you will be able to practice, but races will be held on the right side. The roller skate events will all be held on the flat (except for the giant in which case they will share the same course as the skaters).

Here's a picture of Luca Giammarco on the right side from the race in 1995.

There has been some discussions on the contest in the Tight slalom thread, but I suggest we continue here.

These are links to the results from the 1995 Trocadero race:

Straight:
http://home.delfi.ee/~erikr/trocstr.htm
Giant:
http://home.delfi.ee/~erikr/giant.htm

The street is something like 140 m long, and times from 1995 were 10-15 seconds.
Last edited by Jani Soderhall on Sat Apr 10, 2004 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Apr 23, 2003 3:00 pm

Still no official authorization but the group of organizers have decided to go ahead anyway. It has apparently happened before that the final authorization was delivered only after the event.

Anyway the Police is renting us the barrierers. White Cross, for first aid has been signed up. Duplicate timing equipment have been secured, speaker system and DJ booked. It's on it's way!

We now welcome sponsor enquiries and contest enquiries.

Three skateboard slalom events:

- Tight 2m centre-to-centre for Pro, 40 or 45 cones. This is tight and will be high speed.

- Tight 2.5m centre-to-centre for Am

Special & Giant set on the day by people / countries participating and from a draw.

More information to be posted over the next week.

Chris Eggers
Germany
Germany

Post by Chris Eggers » Thu Apr 24, 2003 12:21 pm

Jani,

do you think it might be possible to translate the stuff on the homepage of the race into english? I understand most of it, but not everything. To avoid misunderstanding it would be great to have it in english.
The inscription does not work yet right?
My/our plans are serious to come.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Apr 24, 2003 8:20 pm

The web site is not ready, and part of it is my fault, because they asked me to help translate it, but in the list of priorities...

The inscription should be up any time now. They are working on it and I have tested a version that worked, so it shouldn't be long.

Some have also sent emails to ask specific questions and I think I will help answer by posting more information here.