ISSA sanction request - Cadwell, UK, 2008

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

ISSA sanction request - Cadwell, UK, 2008

Post by Michael Stride » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:27 pm

Klang wrote:I would like to inform you all of the new status marshals for the European region. It is with great honour I present to you:

Ramon Köningshausen and Dominik Kowalski
So can you forward them my application fo status for February race at Cadwell????

I need an answer as soon as possible for publicity.

How long does a desicion take?

thanks, Michael

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:18 pm

Well Michael, not too long, but I ask for your phone number. that was for a reason.
We need to talk.

Yours fastest
PK

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:25 pm

Phone numbers:

Landline 0208 449 9304
mobile 07905 152 691

I thought they were on the form I sent you!?

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:47 pm

Just checked my application:

Name, phone, email of contest organizer:
Michael Stride sales@octanesport.com 07905 152 691

cant do better than that......

If you need to call me you could have contacted me.

We need to know when we can get a status for this event. This is so we can organise the sponsors. its chicken and egg. For goodness sake its a no brainer.....NO race in the uK has had ISSA points, so this one MUST get them. If we dont get the points then people wont come. If they dont come we dont do another race in the summer...why? Because we cant get the sponsorship if no one comes!!!

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:14 pm

Ok I'm awaiting the document. If the dates won't mess too much with school I'll try to come. (I'm sure Easyjet will have some cheap flights)

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:03 pm

I will email you the same document direct. I am surprised that hasnt been doen already.

Your decision to award ISSA points must however be seperate from whether you can come.....

But remember, we hope to have some money onthe table to the winners. 300 euro SO FAR. The sooner we get aproval the more money we get!!!

Michael

Update....sent you the document to your airflow adresss.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:42 pm

Michael Stride wrote:Your decision to award ISSA points must however be seperate from whether you can come.....
I know. I just wanted to express that I am not unwilling to come.

I received your e-mail but cannot open the document.

The form must be discussed by the three of us. I hope that's gonna happen asap.

rmn

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:45 pm

will send s a pdf tommorow. or another format or 3.

I will be researching EVERY method of getting to Cadwell and will try to help as many people to come as possible.

And as I wont be racing I especially want to see all those who In my own fantasy world I would have beaten.

It would be FANTASTIC if you did come.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:22 pm

Michael Stride wrote:NO race in the uK has had ISSA points, so this one MUST get them.
Michael, this is certainly untrue. Any event that has is announced on the contest calendar of either NCDSA or SlalomSkateboarder AND has their results either posted here or sent to Corky will be included.

BUT, in order to have more than just the lowest points you need to apply for sanctioning like you are now. In 2007 all "prime" statuses were not distributed, so you can be pretty sure you'll have one for 2008 if you fulfill the requirements (early announcement etc) for such a status.

/Jani

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:33 pm

Jani, sorry that is what I meant. Still unclear as to th edifference between ISSA points and 'worldranking'. can you explain it to me very simply.

We have run races in the UK that were not submitted for points. Funnily enough the last Cadwell event was one.Why...? Because the main point hunters wernt at the race so didnt tell Korky. ( I won it by the way!)

We would REALLY like to have Euros come over and race in the UK. God knows how many races Brits have gone to.

By having more than minimal points we will attract more racers , and those racers will come for points. Put bluntly if we dont get reasonable points I will not bother with hauling ramps, timing or getting sponsors involved for a UK only race which is what it would likely be without good points alloctaion?

If you get sight of my application document (Id be happy to send it to you if your interested) we have METAL start ramps. Proper timing equipment (with back up) Sponsors, and hopefully the sooner we get some sort of points or status we can get on with attracting more sponsors.

Little things like DEDICATED coneheads, LArge screen LCD timer screens, PA etc.All things a proper event should have.

As for early announcemnet I sent my application off earlier this week. A Only yesterday did I find out that Peter LKlandg is no longer responsible, having been in conatct with him THIS WEEK and sent the app to him.

I have tried to send Domincik Kowalski the app only to find he does not list his email on this site. As for Ramon, he has responded perfectly, and I have re-sent the app in a format he can (hopefully) read.

I would have hoped to have had the sanction approved by now. The delay is not from my side.

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:17 am

Michael Stride wrote:Still unclear as to the difference between ISSA points and 'worldranking'. can you explain it to me very simply.
There is no difference and the procedure was more or less given in the previous post. Here it is even clearer.

Post your event early enough on the calendar.

Fill in the sanction document and forward to the sanction guys. Only needed if you want a higher status (ie more points to the racers).

Publish the results here on the forum in the event thread. If you want to be extra safe, send a copy to Corky. Or a link. But most likely he'll pick it up anyway.

/Jani

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:42 am

well I have announced it.....

I have sent the form off to everyone who has an email adress and is now a sanctioning person.

All I need is to know what status it has so I can shout about it and get the sponsors on board.

BUT I cant do this until I know the status.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:07 am

Okay Michael. I have now forwarded the sanction to Dominik as well as I have posted contact information of the two of us as well as I have sent an SMS to Peter.

It WILL be discussed asap.

You can find the contact information if you follow this link . I will complete the list asap.

rmn