Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire, UK, February 3rd [PRIME]

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:38 pm

Try spelling it correctly.

the clue is its the same as RIGHT NEXT TO MY PICTURE!!!

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:50 pm

It is sent to sales@octanesport.com

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:56 pm

I have emailed you a reply to each of your emails, none of which state clearly any results or adjudication. Pat Chewings response did, clearly, and for which I have thanked him.

I suggest you take it up with him.

Robert Gaisek
Robo
Robo

Post by Robert Gaisek » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:43 pm

Great vid!! The Hadestrand´s rules!

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:34 am

It was your competition, not Pats.

I told you man, do not go there. I mailed you the results H2H then qualys.

Hans Koraeus
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind
Corky - World Ranking Master Mind

Post by Hans Koraeus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:46 am

Unfortunatly ISSA has had no format of how to treat these situations. And thereby I don't agree that ISSA has made any official statement on this matter. It has to be seen as Peters and Pat's personal opinions above. Not ISSA's.

Therefor I propose that we wait until ISSA has finished setting up the format of how to treat these situations and then after that we can have an offical statement from ISSA about the ruling.

Even though very rare I'm afraid it will happen again in the future. Either because a racer protest something that he will be aware of after the event or beacuse the organizer does not know what to do and asks ISSA for help.

I think we have all the background info and standpoints in this thread. Now let's wait for ISSA to make an official statement and leave this behind.

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

Post by Pat Chewning » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:09 am

Here's the deal:

1) The contest organizer asked the ISSA for an answer on how to treat the questionable results of the race.

2) The ISSA gave the contest organizer two different answers. (Two for the price of one!)

3) The contest organizer seems to prefer one answer over the other. The contest organizer got some help from the ISSA, and can now correct (or leave alone) the questionable results.

Unless the race organizer asks again for yet a different answer, I think we are done here.

==================================================

#1 can be avoided in the future:
A) Contest organizers should resist the temptation to invent new race formats and rules **on the hill** in order to fit the contest into the time-slot, or to improve on the rules.
B) Racers should resist this as well, since it can lead to questionable results.

#2: The ISSA will develop some way to keep this from happening again (giving more than 1 answer).

#3: It is ultimately the contest organizer's responsibility to run the race according to the rules, and to give the correct race results.

Michael Stride
Octane Sport (RIP)
Octane Sport (RIP)

Post by Michael Stride » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:41 am

Pat I am surprised and sdissapointed at your response.

Here's the deal:

1) The contest organizer asked the ISSA for an answer on how to treat the questionable results of the race.

This I did, first to Peter Klang, then to yourself, asking you to contact Peter Klang for his veiws

2) The ISSA gave the contest organizer two different answers. (Two for the price of one!)

I only recieved one communication with a clear statement from Pat Chewing, I thanked him for this.

3) The contest organizer seems to prefer one answer over the other. The contest organizer got some help from the ISSA, and can now correct (or leave alone) the questionable results.

I do not prefer any result, as race organiser I do not actually care WHO won only that the racers and ISSA are satisfied that the race problems are seen to be open, and hopefully that a fair and equitable solution be found.

Unless the race organizer asks again for yet a different answer, I think we are done here.

I have only asked for ONE answer, one that the ISSA agrees on.

As a consequence I have been in communication with Peter klang and he has explained to me what happened with his judgement. I have asked him to first clear it with Pat Chewing as a matter of courtesy and the four racers involved before clearly setting out the results of the top four.

I repeat, I do not actually care who won, only that the racers are as happy as can possibly be with the results.

As for changing rules on the fly, I have learned that I should have not run the H2H races between those 4. As anyone who was at the race would know I was under pressure of time, (the track wanted us to finish early) and the weather. That may be why my own veiw was to go back to the last correct round, as per the ISSA rules. However if after studying the facts and with consultation with the four racers affected the ISSA feels differently then I stand by that decision.

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:31 pm

OK for the record. I’ve spoken to Götis, Mikka and Dominik. Homer I doubt will argue his second place. All are ok with these results:

1. Hans Göthberg
2. Christoph Baumann
3. Dominik Kowalski
4. Mikael Hadestrand

Just like I wrote from the very beginning