[2007] European Slalom Skateboard Championships: 8 & 9 s

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:53 am

Arrive at 5 in the morning and opening the shop at 10 after this very tiriong week-end (night and days!)
(un)fortunetly no client this morning so I have time to copy on an excell files part of result I keep with me after reward.
The official certainly arrive very soon.

TIGHT SLALOM

PRO CLASS QUAL COUNTRY
1 KUZMINS.J 10,29 LET
2 GIAMMARCO.L 10,49 ITA
3 BAUMANN.C 10,25 GER
4 STROBEL.M 10,12 SUI
5 FREI.M 10,21 SUI
6 KONIGHAUSEN.R 10,36 SUI
7 ALLAN.P 10,41 FRA
8 KOWALSKI.D 10,54 GER
9 HADESTRAND.M 10,51 SWE
10 MIRONENKO.S 10,81 UKR
11 SODERHALL.J 11,13 SWE
12 DRAYTON.M 11,25 TRI
13 BERRUCHON.V 11,36 FRA
14 PRICE.P 11,38 UK
15 GAILITIS.G 11,63 LET
16 BELLINGHERI.S 11,7 ITA

AMATEUR CLASS

1 HADESTAND.Vg 11,14 SWE
2 HOSTETTER.A 11,16 SUI
3 DUPONT.M 11,61 FRA
4 BERTHOU.H 11,09 FRA
5 GAILITIS.Gv 11,11 LET
6 KINDLER.H 11,25 GER
7 DENNEBOUY.JS 11,53 FRA
8 KOULA.F 11,63 SUI
9 BUREL.C 11,33 FRA
10 GORDON.S 11,36 UK
11 RADOVANOVIC.J 11,43 SUI
12 SALUENA.A 11,71 SWE
13 FELDMAN.S 11,75 SUI
14 STCRIQ.G 11,84 FRA
15 HADESTAND.Vr 11,9 SWE
16 RUDNIANSKI.D 11,97 FRA

WOMEN CLASS
1 EISENRING.EU 12,25 SUI
2 GASSER.L 12,44 SUI
3 KISELEVA.O 12,26 RUS
4 BRUSILOSKAJA.S 12,62 UKR
5 SPEARING.UJ 13,49 SUI
6 FEIRERRA.S 13,57 FRA

JUNIOR CLASS
1 HADESTRAND.Vg 11,14 SWE
2 GAILITIS.Gv 11,11 LET
3 KOULA.F 11,63 SUI
4 HADESTRAND.Vr 11,9 SWE

GIANT

PRO CLASS

1 KOWALSKI 29,05 GER
2 STROBEL 29,1 SUI
3 KONIGHAUSEN 29,86 SUI
4 GIAMMARCO 30,28 ITA
5 BAUMANN 30,44 GER
6 HADESTRAND 30,79 SWE
7 ALLAN 31,06 FRA
8 PRICE 31,23 UK
9 KUZMINS 31,97 LET
10 BERRUCHON 32,04 FRA
11 FREI 32,91 SUI
12 DRAYTON 34,09 TRI
13 BELLINGHERI 34,38 ITA
14 GAILITIS 35,23 LET
15 MIRONENKO 35,9 UKR
16 ROMA 36,89 ITA

AMATEUR CLASS

1 FELDMAN 31,72 SUI
2 KOULA 31,93 SUI
3 NOVOTNY 32,26 TCH
4 KINDLER 32,32 GER
5 HADESTRAND.Vg 32,53 SWE
6 BUREL 32,57 FRA
7 GORDON 32,9 UK
8 HOSTETTER 32,92 SUI
9 GAILITIS.Gv 33,11 LET
10 DUPONT 33,27 FRA
11 COQUIN 33,3 FRA
12 RUDNIANSKI 33,33 FRA
13 BERTHOU 33,4 FRA
14 RADOVANOVIC 33,57 SUI
15 HADESTRAND.VC 33,84 SWE
16 STRIMER 33,97 SUI

WOMEN CLASS

1 GASSER 35,15 SUI
2 EISENRING 35,24 SUI
3 SPEARING 36,85 SUI
4 KISELEVA 37,65 RUS
5 FEIRERRA 40,66 FRA
6 BRUSILOSKAJA 41,13 UKR

JUNIOR CLASS

1 KOULA 31,93 SUI
2 HADESTRANG.VG 32,53 SWE
3 GAILITIS.G 33,11 LET
4 HADESTRANG.VR 33,84 SWE
5 DUPONT.C 40,96 FRA
6 RITATORE 41,21 ITA
7 LIEPINS DQ LET

SPECIAL

PRO CLASS

1 KUZMINS 11,05 LET
2 KONIGHAUSEN 10,99 SUI
3 GIAMMARCO 11,18 ITA
4 PRICE 11,51 UK
5 BAUMANN 11,15 GER
6 STROBEL 11,33 SUI
7 BERRUCHON 1,61 FRA
8 MIRONENKO 11,79 UKR
9 HADESTRAND 11,52 SWE
10 FREI 11,54 SUI
11 SODERHALL 11,87 SWE
12 ALLAN 12,11 FRA
13 DRAYTON 12,39 TRI
14 ROMA 12,8 ITA
15 GAILITIS 13,17 LET
16 BELLINGHERI 13,37 ITA

AMATEUR CLASS

1 HOSTETTER 11,75 SUI
2 HADESTRAND.VG 11,73 SWE
3 DUPONT 11,48 FRA
4 RUDNIANSKI 11,83 FRA
5 HADESTRAND.VR 11,53 SWE
6 BERTHOU 11,84 FRA
7 STCRIQ 12,05 FRA
8 RADOVANOVIC 12,15 SUI
9 GAILITIS.GV 11,8 LET
10 KINDLER 11,83 GER
11 BUREL 11,91 FRA
12 GORDON 12,02 UK
13 STRIMER 12,21 SUI
14 SALUENA 12,34 SWE
15 KOULA 12,5 SUI
16 BONI 12,54 SUI

WOMEN CLASS

1 KISELEVA 13,66 RUS
2 GASSER 13,98 SUI
3 EISENRING 12,5 SUI
4 BRUSILOSKAJA 13,46 UKR
5 SPEARING 14,81 SUI
6 FEIRRERA 15,2 FRA

JUNIOR CLASS

1 VIKKING
2 VIKTOR
3 GUSTAV

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:05 pm

hey hey, night and day action!
in fact really few pros were still alive after midnight (I think only me and Dom!), but Blackkross/Riderz crew and locals had good time.
With really few sleep Dom miss the straight qualif for 15 min on sunday morning , but he won the night contest

Straight were something around 1m74 from what I 've understood
with my new board (really nice C.Barck Jet model) tighter cones would have been better for me but we had all the same course.
The spot pavement was incredible. Flat but excellent racing conditions.
The many spectators watching for the finals could enjoy the show with quite a lot of clean runs (but not so much finally because the pressure was big for everybody).

Like for every event we can talk about a few weaknesses: communication to the racers about the precise schedule to avoid pro waiting too much as often and yeah... the main speaker knows the sport but he has a few problems with English language ;) ...
and yes the Giant spot wasn't so steep... finish on flat or nearly, that's not good for my ranking ;) but it was a good location in the city so spectators were there even if it was in the morning and excellent media coverage (for example: main and big 3rd page in the main newspaper of the area, video cuts should be well diffused too).

But some good things too: a few waiting times as usual but on two days finally 3 disciplines and a Nation Cup, spots were excellent for spectators, good media coverage, lot of helpers, easy access even without a car from the "official" hotels (even to the party), 3 nice complete meals and everything needed, good party place, good atmosphere...

Bad results for me but at least I could race and my arm didn't fall down! Anyway it was good to see all of you in France.

About the new European Champion: Janis was fast and consistent.
Watch out! He is on fire and he'll be in the US to represent Latvia and Europe!
Last edited by Vincent Berruchon on Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ www.pavel-skates.com ] [ www.riderz.net ]
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:07 pm

OVERALL PRO

1 KUZMINS, LAT
2 GIAMMARCO, ITA
3 KONIGHAUSEN, SUI
4 STROBEL, SUI
5 BAUMANN, GER
6 KOWALSKI, GER
7 PRICE, UK
7 HADESTRAND, SWE
9 FREI, SUI
10 ALLAN, FRA
11 BERRUCHON, FRA
12 MIRONENKO, UKR
13 DRAYTON, UK, TRINIDAD/TOBAGO
14 SODERHALL, SWE/FRA
15 GAILITIS, LAT
16 BELINGHERI, ITA
17 ROMA, ITA

OVERALL WOMEN

1 GASSER, SUI
2 EISENRING, SUI
3 KISELEVA, RUS
4 BRUSILOVSKAJA, UKR
5 SPEARING, SUI
6 FEIRRERA, FRA

Pierre Samray

Post by Pierre Samray » Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:16 pm

I just have Philippe at the phone.

For sure Philippe isn't a proffesionel of slalom skate, but he knows how to make grow an event with media. The public was present on the stadium for the parallel final. The results is very positve with the city responsables and the politics. (even if I tell to a man on Saturday morning that the road wasn't adapted for the race (the giant) oups!! It was the major!
I tell to Philippe that we need a true long steep road for this. Anyway a good week-end and glad to see everybody since I stop racing.

See you soon

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:05 pm

Maurus just asked me if the results were available somewhere. He was checking the official homepage but couln't find anything about results. It's nice you immediately posted them here on the forum but it's no use for someone who's not linked into the scene like sponsors that are looking for the results for promotional purpose or journalists looking for some source for an article about the event.

It's absolutely important to have the results on the official homepage. A journalist won't spend time on searching forums to write an article about us.

thanks,

EDIT: Please also upload the spreadsheets.

rmn
Feel the flow – Airflow Skateboards

Real skateboard wheels come in green – ABEC11

Enjoy the ride – GOG Slalom & DH Trucks

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:54 pm

You're right Ramon,
but Jean-Seb D also spent the night driving and loading/unloading the truck full of stuff.
He his in charge of the results but he isn't sleeping as he asked for a last checked in the afternoon before official publication on the CND site (http://www.descente.fr) that he is in charge of.
But let's hope it will be on the event site (that he didn't manage) quickly too.
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:56 pm

Ramon,

When you're in charge of the next major event, you bet I'll be there! I'll bring my measurement device to check the cone distances. I'll also bring my notebook to collect signatures from those who oppose what they think will be the cone distances, just in case it isn't what I expect it to be. I'll also bring my watch so that I can check that the times are kept. And I'll spend my free time giving advice to you and your team.

I know you have good intentions, but I really don't think that you repeatedly need to give advice to race organizers, at this or any other event. If things aren't too your liking or aren't done the way they should be it's not because they don't know about it, or don't want it. It's most likely for another reason. It's not that race organizers don't need to improve, but remember that we're all just a bunch of volunteers working around the clock to give you an event as good as we can.

That said I'm a very strong supporter of an updated ISSA rule book, primarily to set the rules once and for all, but also to publish a very detailed section with advice for organizers. That'll be a good mission for the dark winter months, for those ready to give a helping hand.

Saturday was hard work and for sure everything wasn't perfect. It was a new team, new volunteers, new location and it took some time to sorted it all out.

Sunday however I had a great time and I hope you all did! Driving back 7 hrs non stop and arriving in Paris at 3 in the night was hard, but Stas and I had a lot to discuss looking back at great racing weekend in Grenoble! In the middle of the Pro final I just stopped for a few minutes and just admired the view from the judges table. What a sight and what a site!

I'm delighted with the very, very tight racing performed by all the racers. It's very promising when noone can be guaranteed a podium position under such conditions. Anybody in the top 8 could easily have won any of the disciplines. You'd better be consistent, keep your concentration and give it all throughout the race!

Congratulations once again to all the top riders and most of all to Janis Kuzmins for taking top honors in the Pro class. In the amateur category Junior Viking Hadestrand was the real surprise this weekend. He raced with style, speed and experience leaving other more experienced am's in the dust behind! Among the ladies we also had excellent racing with Eveline, Lea and Olga taking one victory each! Not easy to designate an overall winner under these conditions!

Many thanks to Philippe Galindo - Désaxé and all the volunteers for a great event!

/Jani

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:03 am

Jani,

I haven't even complained about anything and you're already taking the defense position. I just wanted to emphasize that aspect. The Swiss would like to publish the results in the newspapers here in Switzerland but somehow we also need to tell the journalists where to find the right, official and reliable info. Maurus talked to Pierre and Philippe about that on Sunday.

To let you know (as some of you might have noticed): I was taking notes. I wrote down many good points about the past weekend, I wrote down bad things that can be improved in the future and I also wrote down new ideas that can be involved in future competions. All I want is this Sport (for some of us it doesn't appear to be a Sport, right David?) to become organized and growing. I'm about to produce something to help.

I already discussed those notes with several people. They helped me to add some things as well as they told me when they had a different opinion than I had. Like this it's not only my own opinion.

Critisism is constructive. You only need to know how to deal with it. I'm not anybody's enemy.

thanks for your understanding,

rmn

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Pictures

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:07 am

I just found two links on the French forum "riderz.net".

I'd like to share them. Enjoy:

http://pelloch.phot-online.fr/album/161 ... u-dimanche

http://riderz.net/galerie-simple/?spgmG ... enoble2007

btw. there was a photographer who was selling CDs with pics from the event. Generally this is a nice idea. One copy was €20. (Obviously he wasn't volunteering ;-))

rmn

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:21 am

fast reaction time Ramon!
You found my gallery as soon as I post the link.
I hope more soon (for those who'd like to published their pics, we can add them to these eventually)
http://riderz.net/galerie-simple/?spgmG ... enoble2007

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:34 pm

I couldn't watch it (company firewall) but you can see two video on this page:
http://www.greblog.net/grenoble/post/20 ... a-Grenoble

For those who missed it, it was looking like that:
and from the start:

Dominik Kowalski

Post by Dominik Kowalski » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:03 pm

Hey everybody! First would like to thank everybody who was organizing the european championchips this year. Don't know how I should start this, so I better make it just short and tell you my personal pros and contras:

+++
very good organization: It seemed like a big event, no doubt!
++
food and drinks! Maybe not as good as in czech republik, but it was there, that's really important!
+++
very good conesjudges(and cute ones too;) ) there were no such issues and confusion, they knew all the rules, they were paying attention, and didn't start drinking from the beginning! Heads up!
++
media coverage: Alot of photographers, cameramen's and some journalists....seemed not be very good inforned, but that's how they work, right?
++
spectators: were there: sometimes huge crowds!!
+++
Partyprogram: Well, drinks were really too expensive, no racers special price ordering either, but oh well, otherwise it would have been even worse for me...yeah I don't need to go into detail any further....
++/(-)
price ceremony: good price money(but only for overall...grrrr) but you waited for too long, many already left the stadium....
++
Nation's Cup was great!

-
registration for those who show up on race date: 100 instead of 80, that's just unfair, since the only option was paypal.
--
racing shirts: they are annoying and look awfull. sponsors always tell us to wear their logos on our shirts....gog it?
----
the giant was a joke, it was not even a hybrid, it was too flat (almost half of it), it at kinda poor ashalt, and as I've already seen some pictures, buildings look distracting, with traffic lights and cables...
--
racing in the flat was no fun either, the asphalt was very very nice and it may looks nice now on some pics, but gravity really should drag you forward, and not pull you down
-
european championchips: all in french: somebody told me to pay attentiom, as I was skating on the track, well it didn't help as I couldn't understand what's going on, I know I should learn some french, but it also would help the french to speak some english....
--
spectators had to watch course setting and practise for too long, they got bored and and left before the pros could really show some action....

--
1.70m is still tooo large, the am's did it, the pros almost never hit any cones, besides Baumann: always the very last...hehe

Ok, I tried to be all neutral, I think there are some reasonable criticism I wroteand you don't think I just want to pull you guys down, basically you've done a great job, but if you also want to please the racers, let there be more slope, and special pricing for racers at the parties...or better not...well, if there will be another contest next year, I think I might come, but only if the giant is a real giant ;)

thank you
<a href="http://www.pavel-skates.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">SEX, DRUGS & BACKSIDE ROCK'N'ROLL...</a>
keep on rollin'...

Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy
Jean-Sébastien
Jean-Sébastien

Post by Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Thanks to all the racers who came on the event !

The official results are online

The overall ranking is missing, there will be an update very quickly.

Dominik, as we said the giant in the city was important for the city, the region, and the media coverage as it's the first edition.
Be sure that if there would be a second we will plan a super giant slalom in the mountains in the neighborhood... Everybody saw that just 2 kilometers around Grenoble is enough, this is best playground of Europe for downhill !

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:17 pm

Sorry if I missed something... Who won the nation cup ?
Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:32 pm

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric wrote:Who won the nation cup ?
1. Switzerland
2. Germany
3. France
4. Sweden

HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric
Fred
Fred

Post by HUYNH BACH SAC Frédéric » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Thanks Jani !
Podium or pavement... but PAVEL !

www.coneracing.com

Dominik Kowalski

Post by Dominik Kowalski » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:54 pm

J-S D wrote:...the giant in the city was important for the city, the region, and the media coverage as it's the first edition.

J-S D! I know... you first have to bend over and than you can beg for more...of course everybody saw what was going on all around grenoble, and that's the main reason I complain...but no hard feelings at all, I know you only could do it this way...otherwise you wouldn't get the european title and the other way around, right?..but now you have to keep your promise!!! I wanna play :)

PS: ANYBODY WHO HAS SOME GOOD PICTURES PLEASE SEND ONLY THE BEST TO MY E-MAIL: kowalskido@gmx.de

it's for corky's slalomranking....

Thanks again!
<a href="http://www.pavel-skates.com" target="_blank" class="postlink">SEX, DRUGS & BACKSIDE ROCK'N'ROLL...</a>
keep on rollin'...

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy wrote:Thanks to all the racers who came on the event !

The official results are online

The overall ranking is missing, there will be an update very quickly.

Good! Thanks a lot. Now could you just put it on the official homepage (www.desaxe-skateslalom) as well? That'd be very kind. Thanks.

Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy wrote: Be sure that if there would be a second we will plan a super giant slalom in the mountains in the neighborhood... Everybody saw that just 2 kilometers around Grenoble is enough, this is best playground of Europe for downhill !
Hehe, I wish you could combine Downhill and Slalom in one event and then have an overall ranking! Just like they did in Antibes 2003. Unfortunately I missed that one.

rmn

PS: Thanks Dominik for the points you made. Many of them have been discussed in the car on the way back....

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:50 pm

one thing that annoys not only me:
why don't the french use english language?
everybody is speaking english,whereas french can't be considered a universal language.
this might go a bit far,but i think this is a very unfriendly gesture and should be put into consideration for any future event.

David Rudnianski
LTC
LTC

Post by David Rudnianski » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:02 pm

Donald Campbell wrote:one thing that annoys not only me:
everybody is speaking english,whereas french can't be considered a universal language.
this might go a bit far,but i think this is a very unfriendly gesture and should be put into consideration for any future event.
French is the only official universal language according to a treaty dating from the mid eighteen century... okay it's a bit old but it's still the official one ;) check the official U.N. language.. it's not english ;)

Paris was commented by Jani who speak a perfect english, isn't he? William, the grenoble's speaker, does not speak english very well, but in generaly, I don't think that english is not use on french contest.
But if i remember well, English wasn't very used during hannover world cup no?
Hehe, I wish you could combine Downhill and Slalom in one event and then have an overall ranking! Just like they did in Antibes 2003. Unfortunately I missed that one.

rmn
On the last week end of september will happened a two days contest and freeride in Lyon ( downhill and slalom). Not far from your country ramon!
French Pirates are in the place...
www.riderz.net
http://pirateslalom.online.fr/
Politic Longboard Activist...

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:11 pm

Huh, thanks for the info David, but "unfortunately" I'm going to the Worlds. I'm looking forward to something similar next year maybe.

We had the problem with the French language already at the European Downhill Championships on Col d'Izoard. Luis Lins from Brazil mentioned this in his article he wrote about the event. I didn't mention it because for me I don't realize this too much since Swiss people have to learn French at school I can understand most of it.

rmn

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:56 pm

hey david
i will tell the russians,latvians,everybody else to learn french real quick.
they are not so good in english,so they have a new challenge.
i will also complain to the uno becuase they use too much english during press conferences(or is it simultaneously translated from the universal french language into english for us dimwits?).

and yes,welcome to a limited sight of things!

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:25 am

To keep all constructive comments and good ideas together would be a great tool.
One day we'll perhaps see: "Organize a slalom event for dummies" published by ISSA ;)
Just know if you never organized an event, that most organizers probably ever tried to find some solutions to most of what you can complain about. But finally it didn't work or couldn't be done because they have missed people (quantity or competences), money, time or whatever.
So it's good to share, all hints are good. There's often many solutions depending on many factors and not only a perfect one.
Donald Campbell wrote:one thing that annoys not only me:
It's a bit definitive Donald... you weren't there but yes there were some English announcements.
As announcers were sometimes focused on the public, I personally asked a few times for announcements in english for important things when they didn't do it directly.
The bad point is.. I must admit... that some of the English announcements weren't very understable.
The organization was hoping for the announcer who helped in Antibes 2005 (talking good english, good german and even a bit of swiss-german I think) to be present... but he finally couldn't.
Philippe, Jani and many of us are aware that we need to announce everything in English and we try to but there's a lot to do, you know it!
I think there were more staff people in Grenoble than in most if not in all contests I could enter, including two full-time announcers!
Furthermore, as this comments are often lost in the middle of the animation made in french for the public, it's probably hard to be attentive. Racers are often hanging out around or doing something else so they don't listen. It's normal and the problem will always be.
I've missed some announcements too even if they were made in French and in English.
I should add that Jani and some others were there to reply to the racers and everything could be cleared quickly.

So my dear Don, I can understand that some racers complain a little about the fact they didn't get the informations so easily that they'd like but you're statement is not the good one.

I think we could better things with systematic riders meetings (and even in France we always do that also in english!) and more written communication (with boards or something like that) at the attention of racers.

(I hope that most of you understood this long frenchy English post!)

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:10 am

Hey Vincent,

I'm really pleased about the two points you wrote in bold style.

We had that in Gothenburg and I think that was one of the factors that made Gothenburg World Cup such a good event because the communication was just well done.

I don't know but what do you think of some kind of checklist? I'm sure every organizer sets up his own checklist, sure. But don't you think if we set up one big checklist it would help to improve our events?

Okay. I'll right away reply partially to this answer with your words, because what you said about the lack of staff or money seems to one of the big issues we have:
Vincent Berruchon wrote:But finally it didn't work or couldn't be done because they have missed people (quantity or competences), money, time or whatever.
So it's good to share, all hints are good. There's often many solutions depending on many factors and not only a perfect one.

we're on the way! :-)

rmn

Donald Campbell
Pavel
Pavel

Post by Donald Campbell » Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:30 am

good points vince
don't get me too wrong on what i wrote though
one thing:making it easy starts with a homepage written in english,that's where the doors start to open.
thanks...

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:25 am

Ramón Königshausen wrote:I don't know but what do you think of some kind of checklist? I'm sure every organizer sets up his own checklist, sure. But don't you think if we set up one big checklist it would help to improve our events?
Agree, we need it.

/Jani

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:49 am

Donald Campbell wrote:it starts with a homepage written in english
That was fulfilled. You just click on the UK/US flag in the upper left corner. Or did you mean that you couldn't understand the English used?
Donald Campbell wrote:why don't the French use English language?
I agree that comments to the skaters should be done in English.
Comments to the audience can be done in French.

Donald, please let the let skaters who were present make comments. Like Dominik -excellent. I really appreciate that list (good and bad things, and can only agree)!

/Jani

David Rudnianski
LTC
LTC

Post by David Rudnianski » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:52 am

Donald Campbell wrote:hey david
i will tell the russians,latvians,everybody else to learn french real quick.
they are not so good in english,so they have a new challenge.
i will also complain to the uno becuase they use too much english during press conferences(or is it simultaneously translated from the universal french language into english for us dimwits?).

and yes,welcome to a limited sight of things!
Don, it's just a fact and i never said that i approve it. Of course I'm agree with you when you say that we should use english on contest...
French Pirates are in the place...
www.riderz.net
http://pirateslalom.online.fr/
Politic Longboard Activist...

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:58 pm

Jani Soderhall wrote:
Ramón Königshausen wrote:I don't know but what do you think of some kind of checklist? I'm sure every organizer sets up his own checklist, sure. But don't you think if we set up one big checklist it would help to improve our events?
Agree, we need it.

/Jani
Okay. I'll try to collect the critics and set up a list soon.

rmn

YOYO SHULTZ

Post by YOYO SHULTZ » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:07 pm

About the English language in France:
Isn't there a department in France that translates all the English words into French counterparts?? And it's not allowed to use these English words in business?
There is no PC in French, it's ordinateur (if I am not mistaken). Back when I had French in school, PCs did not even exist......so I never learned that word.
Merci et au revoir...........................................

Edit:
Wikipedia:
Un ordinateur est un ensemble de circuits électroniques permettant de manipuler des données sous forme binaire, ou bits. Le mot ordinateur fut introduit par IBM France en 1955. François Girard, alors responsable du service publicité de l'entreprise, eut l'idée de consulter son ancien professeur de lettres à Paris, Jacques Perret, afin de lui demander de proposer un mot caractérisant le mieux possible ce que l'on appelait vulgairement un « calculateur » (traduction littérale du mot anglais « computer »). Ce dernier proposa « ordinateur », un mot tombé en désuétude et désignant : « dieu qui met de l'ordre dans le monde ». Notons que le professeur suggéra plus précisément « ordinatrice électronique », le féminin ayant pu permettre, selon lui, de mieux distinguer l'usage religieux de l'usage comptable du mot...

Peter Klang
Klangster
Klangster

Post by Peter Klang » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:20 pm

10% av det svenska språket är lånat från franskan, det kom med vår inköpta kung från Pou vars säd ännu idag besitter vår tron.

30% av det svenska språket kommer från tyskan. Tyska språket och kanske hela vårt moderna samhälle kan tillskrivas Hansa tiden.

Nu är jag rädd att mina barn kommer skriva liknande inlägg med ytterligare berikningar av det svenska språket, dessvärre tror jag det kommer bli vissa problem med uttalen av schrrrrrrhsrrr,

Question. Do you know what you get if you mix a cow with a arab?

a milkshake.

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:08 pm

Yoyo is that the place for every "clichés" about French?

of course there's a department trying to find some french words from foreign language words that doesn't exist. In fact a lot of these words are never used.
ordinateur=computer , PC = PC or "ordinateur personnel" but everybody use PC.
I think champions for that are in Quebec. They use some french words where we use english word here.
For business your assertion is totally false.
But hey, does Germans stop speaking German?

Paul Price
Pavel Racing Team
Pavel Racing Team

Post by Paul Price » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:57 pm

I enjoyed meeting everybody again for the European race. Our English team had lots of fun. Thanks to all the organisers for putting in so much effort - and we know how to make it better next time.

And I am glad that this was the first race this year when it did not rain!

I am always amazed how fast everyone is - great racing all weekend.

Here are shots of the newspaper coverage:

Yes I got on the front page :-)

Here is the page in the paper

And here are the rest of my pics:http://www.flickr.com/photos/39089904@N ... 964901781/

CHEERS FROM THE BRITS!!!! (we were unbeaten in the Nations cup ;-) )

Gints Gailitis
1964-2011 (RIP)
1964-2011 (RIP)

Foto

Post by Gints Gailitis » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:20 pm

Great event! A special for Jānis.
I put some pictures in www.skateboardinfo.lv

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

The big "G"....

Post by Martin Drayton » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:39 pm

Grenoble? I had a ball! Yes there were problems, it was optimistic to expect to be able to keep the Saturday schedule moving EVERYTHING from the GS venue to the stadium. That having been said they had a great army of volunteers who, I thought did a fantastic job. This was my first big race in Europe since Antibes '04, so I don't know what the current watermark is.

The GS as has already been said was more like a glorified Hybrid, thank God the course got shortened by 1/3rd or you would have got people taking one run only and refusing a second!
But as has also been stated, you have to play the game and go along with stuff to ensure more in the future.

We knew the other events would be on the flat and the surface was excellent, so long since I have ridden 89/86a and still had no hint of a slide, certainly on 99% of surfaces in this country!
At times we had huge crowds and MC's shouldn't feel that they have to talk every second of the day....I wore headphones as part of my pre-race prep, but also to keep my sanity ;) !
GREAT food, by the way!

For me it was great meeting so many people I had only seen pics of, we have some very special people involved and as Roberta (everyone's favourite Italian spectator) said, we manage to be very competitive, yet still very friendly and supportive of each other....not many high level sports can boast that. It was cool too re-acquainting myself with friends I had not seen in a long time, plus travelling with the British boys was a hoot from start to finish...I laughed til I cried and my sides still ache.

I have a few pics, most of them are mine, some are Richard's. Paul's etc...enjoy!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69958942@N ... 800063720/
And Gints, I'll have to look into that story you told me about Latvians visiting Trinidad hundreds of years ago, maybe I could do a cultural trip.....around the time of a slalom race!
Last edited by Martin Drayton on Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ramón Königshausen
Airflow - Skateboards
Airflow - Skateboards

Post by Ramón Königshausen » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Yeah, I just have to mention this:

That was the best surface I ever raced on!

rmn

Martin Drayton
Gecko Decks
Gecko Decks

Oh, I forgot...

Post by Martin Drayton » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:13 am

It was cool:
- To see Jani again and see my only Euro ally at last years US Nationals, the super nice Stefano.
- To see how much Ramon has developed as a Racer and grown to be a confident young man since the junior I last saw back in 2004.
- Seeing Pierre and William again, with the latter first time since racing in 2001.My buddy Vinzzzz, always a pleasure.
- Meeting the Latvians, all real gentlemen, being privileged to witness the Hadestrand Dynasty in full effect!
- Dominic is so mellow, but the same time the "Rock Star" full deal...gotta love him! Finally meeting Homer-what a legend!
-hangin' with the Swiss, good to see J-Rad again...and if Manuel Frei ever starts to run clean, its over for all of us!!!!
- Luca, still a living legend, I hope he still gets out of this the same amount of joy he gives all of us.
- Paul Price, my best friend and always my first choice to travel with to races be they on snow or concrete.

There are many more memories, but I don't want to bore anyone! This was my one and only race of the year, now I realise how much I really miss it!

Michel Dupont

Post by Michel Dupont » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:41 pm

Where to start, seems like everything that was good and not so good has already been said. Anyway we had a real good time so thanks to Philippe, J-S, Jani, Pierre, William and all the racers who put the show on. Since there will be no US trip for us this year we just can't wait for the next season to start in Europe, until then training, training, training...
And yes, I do regret not speaking english and having to count on my wife to translate but I'll do the best to learn some words for next year like "One beer please" or "I won the race".
Here are some pics http://flickr.com/photos/pogoman_et_minipogo/.

Good luck to everybody on their way to North-Carolina.

Michel Dupont

Post by Michel Dupont » Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:35 pm

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:23 pm

Philippe has published this film, for royalty free use:

http://www.3022.fr/essc/90sec/

Original email: Philippe Galindo wrote: Madame, Monsieur,

Vous trouverez ci-dessous, le lien pour visionner et télécharger (au
format AVI, WMV et MOV), un sujet de 1’40, libre de droits concernant
les Championnats d’Europe de Skateboard Slalom & Grenoble Glisse
Festival (8-9 sept. 2007).

/Le skateboard inventé il y a quarante ans Californie par des surfeurs
en mal de vagues, n’a jamais fléchi. Il s’est affranchi des modes en
restant lié à ses valeurs de liberté, de tolérance et de partage… A
Grenoble début septembre, le Désaxé European Slalom Skateboard
Championships et le Grenoble Glisse Festival ont permis de rassembler
sur un même lieu, pro-skateur, amateurs, ados et quarantenaires,
skateurs de la première heure, pour un véritable festival dédié à la
glisse urbaine./

Deux versions sont disponibles. Une avec synthés, la seconde sans. Vous
trouverez sur le site, les Time-codes pour vos propres habillages ainsi
que le dossier de presse.

Voici l’adresse : http://www.3022.fr/essc/90sec/

/ /

/Un reportage de 13 minutes et un OURS TV sont aussi disponibles sur
demande au format DVD ou DV./

Cordialement,

Contact Presse / organisation

Philippe GALINDO
29 avenue Danielle Casanova
38 130 Echirolles, FRANCE
/Jani

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:08 pm

Nice!
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

alavoine jean paul

Post by alavoine jean paul » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:18 pm

And congratulations to all of those who did good, and to all of those who did their best...
jean paul aka POPOL:
"I was born yesterday...
but I stayed up all night!"

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:51 pm

Except that I don't really like to see me talkin in the morning just before a race
the 13 minutes video report is really good and professional
http://3022.free.fr/essc/13min/index.php
(this one is french speaking)

Just in case, know that there are some good video footage free of rights ready and available (even if it's a bit late, they were available just after the contest in fact, it's also the way to do..)

So any channel or media can ask for them for free as soon he talk about the event!

Jani Soderhall
ISSA President 2011-2024
ISSA President 2011-2024

Post by Jani Soderhall » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:16 pm

From Philippe (sorry I haven't got the time to translate it). Royalty free clip available!
Philippe Galindo, Désaxé wrote:Bonjour,

Veuillez trouver un clip de présentation à télécharger (libre de droits)
du DéSaXé European skateboard slalom championships 2007 qui s'est
déroulé les 8 et 9 septembre à Grenoble :
http://www.3022.fr/essc/90sec/wmv-avec.zip

Par ailleurs, Eurosport France va diffuser un sujet en multi-diffusions
à partir du 13 octobre ; Eurosport internationale prépare un sujet
beaucoup plus long (13 minutes) qui sera diffusé à l'international à
partir de fin octobre.

D'autres part, Extrême sport Chanel (référence des "chaînes de glisse"
au niveau mondial) France et internationale (50 pays) vont diffuser le
sujet de 13 minutes qui nous avons réalisé avec 3022 production.

Toujours dans le registre télévisuel TV8 Mont Blanc et Télégrenoble vont
aussi diffuser à plusieurs reprises ce sujet de 13 minutes.

D'ici mi-novembre nous serons en mesure de communiquer plus précisement
la couverture médiatique nationale et internationale de l'événement.

Dans l'attente d'un prochain contact,

Philippe GALINDO

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:41 pm

About Philippe's announcement: there are some diffusion on some french speaking channels
but you'll also see the 13mn report on Extreme Sport Channel

Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy
Jean-Sébastien
Jean-Sébastien

Post by Jean-Sébastien Dennebouy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:11 am

We can announce the 2008's edition for the 6/7 of september (and maybe giant the friday 5 in the afternoon) !
We will keep the good things, and change some another ones : same place for tight/special, different for the giant... :-)