[2007] French Old School Skate Jam #2 - July 7-8 2007

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

[2007] French Old School Skate Jam #2 - July 7-8 2007

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:06 pm

After a very nice FOSSJ#1 last year, Mr Jean Terrisse, Claude Queyrel and associates will wait for all of you - old guys who skate- in a nice skatepark.. in fact it's more than a skatepark!
It's an entertainment center where you can ski on plastic with lift, wakeboard, go to the swimming pool, cross the huge crater of the old mines on a wire, skate downhill around the crater and enjoy the concrete skatepark plus ramps, modules and maxi-ramp.
It's mainly an occasion to meet some skaters, taste the skatepark brewed beer and to have fun with different "oldschool" challenges.

The park is really nice for park slalom.

They'd like to organize a Giant Slalom.
We could do a "Pirate mode" race : the nice organizers and me will need some slalom skaters to help so we could organize that together.
Ready to help on the slalom?

You'll find more informations about the event here: http://french.ossj.free.fr/

ImageImageImage

I think that the Gang Of Germany will be represented.
FOSSJ organizers wrote: Hi all you old, fat, balding, jaded, disillusioned, bitter, alcoholic, arthritis-ridden, shit-talking, divorced middle-aged skaters. We thought about inviting all of you non-french-speaking people for several reasons: first and foremost, skateboarding’s about traveling and tasting foreign beer. Secondly, many brits, germans, swedes and even a brazilian or two, as well as the usual americans came here during the eighties to show us how vert riding was done. (yes, we sucked, except for a few who had their own ramp or who were all over the european contest scene) Nicky Guerrero was quoted saying in his Transworld interview:“french contests are the lamest, but they always have good ramps”.
A full weekend of partying and rolling around in concrete bowls with everything on site: beer, beach, lodging. Most of you seem to have a healthy old-school scene at home, and you might as well give us a hand to create ours!

We just held the first edition on July 8-9th 2006 and even if there should have been more people, it was a complete success. We managed to gather about 50 participants, who were more than happy to share their memories and give their old bones and livers a challenge. The banked slalom, free evening sessions and long jump crash test were just what all of us had been waiting for. Not bad for a world cup finals weekend. But this year, there’s no Zidane vs Matessari bullshit,and the park’s already reserved for the SECOND FRENCH OLD SCHOOL SKATE JAM ON JULY 7 AND 8TH 2007.
Sponsors are welcome!
[ www.pavel-skates.com ] [ www.riderz.net ]
"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:09 pm

Ready top meet the french "oldschool" scene?

"Dont care what the World say - I and I could a never go astray -Well wee gona have Things our Way" - Robert Nesta Marley

Heiko Schöller
Heiko
Heiko

Post by Heiko Schöller » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:18 pm

Hi Vinnzz

I already talked with the organisers about the contest. If I have time I would love to go there because that looks like a very nice all school weekend!!!! Maybe it works, we will see.

GOG forerver
WWW.CONCRETEWAVE.DE
100% Skateshop and no fucking fashion store. GOG homebase.
WWW.PAVEL-SKATES.COM
Pavel über alles
ASSA = Anti Skateboard Slalom Association

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:38 pm

yeah Heiko, the place is nice, lodging is cheap, the beer is good
you can also do a lot of things: wakeboard, ski (plastic slopes),

http://www.capdecouverte.com/
http://www.hypnozpark.com/

It's a bit far but you can go there and make a trip in France at the same time... it's also on the road to Spain!

Vincent Berruchon
Vinzzzzz
Vinzzzzz

Post by Vincent Berruchon » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:44 pm

THE LOCATION HAS CHANGED

the people managing the nice Hypnoz Park were kicked out by politics and big business.

So the event will be held in one of the best french indoor skatepark
LE HANGAR
9, allées de Vinaigriers
Prairie de Mauves
44 300 Nantes

www.lehangar-skatepark.com

but we can also find a few oldschool concrete bowls and different other things in the area

For your information there's a slalom contest + longskate "tresor" race the week end before (30/06) in Nantes too.
http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/phpBB ... php?t=5090
So come in Nantes for the slalom and longskate Fest but don't forget your surfboard to surf on the Atlantic coast during the week (in Vendée just near, or more in south if you want) and back in Nantes for the French OSSJ