[European Skateboard Racing Tour] Rules and regulations

European Races & Results (for Major, Main and Prime level races)

Moderators: Jani Soderhall, Robert Thiele

Jadranko Radovanovic

[European Skateboard Racing Tour] Rules and regulations

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:15 pm

The first version of the rules and regulations is ready, but it needs to be overworked and accepted by all event organisers. This should be done by all participating event organisers. Changes and additions will every time be voted by all participating organisers. The voting is one vote per organiser.

The rules and regulations is a pdf file:
http://www.pscontest.ch/project/jodli/Slalom rules 2.pdf

copy the rule to discuss into the Forum.

Marcus Seyffarth

Post by Marcus Seyffarth » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:44 pm

If we are setting up new or partly new rules why don't we use the lessons from last season. The biggest issue with slalom racing is the waiting, lets get rid of it as much as possible.

What I'm saying is -
-Enforce the use of only two warm-up runs like in Brix. Unless it's less than 15 racers in all or something like that.
-Use the double time penalty at starts instead of the delaying DQs, like they do in the US.
-Should we ban lifting of front wheels at the start? I'm not saying yes, I just like a yes or no and how should it be solved?
-I think its nice with a clear and specified structure of how the courses should be set, perhaps we should change the pro ss from 1.6-2.0m to 1.4-2.5m. Which would be more true. Perhaps I'm anal.

Good job!

Pat Chewning
Pat C.
Pat C.

What about the ISSA rules.

Post by Pat Chewning » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:49 am

JRAD,

I thought you (as part of your job on the ISSA Board of Directors) were working on revising and reissuing the ISSA rules for all of us to use.

Now I see that you are only working on the rules for the European tour, and they seem to be a copy and edit of the ISSA rules.

What gives? How about finishing the ISSA rules and then let everyone in the world use them.

Some of us gave you feedback on the rules discussion assuming that this work would be a product of the ISSA, not a new European-only race tour.

I think it is unethical for you to use your position on the ISSA Board of Directors to take work that you were doing for the ISSA, using the ISSA web site, and then take that away from us and start up your own European tour with a copy/edit of the ISSA rules, and copy/edit of the contest sanctioning process. It's just wrong.

NOTE: I support the generation of a tour of skateboard races. I think that is wonderful.

What I object to is that you promissed to do some work for the ISSA and you now left us without the work product, while the Euro Tour has a nearly-identical rulebook, contest sanctioning process, and ranking system that is sure to get confused with the ISSA's efforts in the exact same areas.

Detlef Rehbock
Dete

thank you

Post by Detlef Rehbock » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:29 pm

i want to say thank you for your help in hannover

dan gesmer for the result lists
jani söderhall for the time measuring
hans koraeus for the ranking system

it was the best help i could get.

[img]http://image_http://www.slalomskateboarder.com/events/2005/Hannover/bobby4_600.jpg[/img]

hopefully all slalom skateboarders stay together.

Jadranko Radovanovic

Post by Jadranko Radovanovic » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:02 pm

It is not ESRT vs ISSA.

Before i started to contact all of you. I informed first the BOD Members of the ISSA, were i was Member as well.

Corky agreed on a European Tour, it was in his head as well.

I prepared the ISSA rules for the BOD of the ISSA. That are the rules which are posted on the esrt Forum as well. Corky said there is no problem to have an Tour it gives just benefits to the sport. The esrt should give benefits to us all. It is possible to speak with one voice for the sport. My main target is to get an official time keeping partner for the big races. A proffessional timer with display's is needed to atract more spectators.

For the esrt it's clear, when ISSA dicide somthing we will inplement it. The esrt is just a Tour and covers just the European Skateboard Racing Tour Champion. The World Tour, the European Championchips and the Worlds is the dutie of the ISSA.

I don't care about the Name, we can call it ISSA European Skateboard Racing Tour, i don't care about the name.

The most of the involved people are Members of the ISSA and that won't change.

The System i did is not a copy of the ISSA. Have a look to the TTR Snowboard World Tour. It's based on their system. Snowboard have the FIS and the TTR Snowboard World Tour (www.ttrworldtour.com). And it works perfect.

As i said before, if we can speak with one voice i think i can get a timing partner who support us. Swiss people like organised things, thats way a organisation is needed. When i look to the Forum some people are not very happy with some things like Statuses and rules. The easy rules i did (and they are all just proposals) makes it clear for everyone. If you fullfiled the criterias you will get your status. No minimum of high statuses. The other thing is the communication over an website.

I did my work for the ISSA. I did other things as well, somthing called structure, which is not used. That's the point why the most aren't informed what the application incoming from the European Events show. After there is a rule in the statuses of the ISSA which says that there must be a change in the ISSA BOD i stepped back. The inputs from the ISSA Members is the Forum. I took holiday from the 22nd of December until 15th of January. I was snowboarding in the swiss mountains and in the evening i took the time to make the rules and all the esrt stuff. I was asked for it before by a few people. I met Maurus at this time and talked with him about the sport. He told me that it's important to find a way together to have a standard. I informed the ISSA about the European Tour and than the event organisers from each country. I didn't heard somthing bad from all this guy's. All the work i did are just proposals nothing fixed yet. It works just if we all want that it works. If we contest organisers don't finde a way, than i will delete all this things. It is just a project which is on the way to be running.

I didn't see any action plan of the ISSA nothing. The organizers see what they get from the esrt. The ideas and goals are communicated. The question is what do the other want, what are their vision of the ISSA. I showed my vision on the esrt project. The question to the organisers is now do they want to develop this project or not.

I started organising slalom competitions in 2000. At this time i was 14year's old. I organised 10 competitions in the last 7 years. In my daytime job i work as the qualitymanager of an psychiatric institution. The whole day organisation stuff. The methode is not all. There are every time people behind an organisation and the important thing is to make this people statisfied with the structure and regulations. That's what i'm doing now.

It's not my goal to split the scene. It is just a small part of the whole cake and the ISSA BOD is invited as well.

If the race organisers say they won't participate than i will quit the project. If there is interest i will develop the project with the people who are interested in.

/J-Rad